Please someone help me...

I don't understand this at all, I have been following this and eating under the 1200 calories it says per day for almost three weeks now and my weight has stayed exactly the same!! No difference at all, what's going on?

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    open your diary please. are you weighing your food? we need to see how you are logging. what are your stats? how much do you have to lose? are you exercising and eating those calories...you need to give more info.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Well first you shouldn't be eating under 1200 but if you really were you should be losing. My guess is your logging is off. Are you using a food scale for all solids? Measuring cups/spoons for all liquids? Using the recipe builder? Using accurate entries? Accurately calculating exercise calories? Logging everything that passes your lips?
  • MrsmurphyFiona
    MrsmurphyFiona Posts: 7 Member
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Impossible for anyone to advise you with the limited information you provide. Weighing your food? Age, present weight, height? Any physical activity?

Female age 31, currently 9stone 2lb wanting to loose a stone. Weighing everything and exercising. Eating just under the 1200 it says. If anything am underestimating.
    The only thing I don't record is my Diet Coke intake.
  • MrsmurphyFiona
    Oh and am 5ft3.5
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    My first thought, if your scale gives the exact same reading everytime you step on it, is to check the batteries. The body's weight fluctuates. Up a little, down a little... If it does not change at all over 3 weeks, not even by an ounce or two, I'd suspect a bum scale.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Are you exercising?
    You should probably try to eat 1200 or more, 1200 is really restrictive.
    Where are you in your monthly cycle? It can do crazy things and if you're at the let's retain all the fluid I can you'll be down a few pounds when you're through that
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Diet coke would still have calories, I imagine.
  • MrsmurphyFiona
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Are you exercising?
    You should probably try to eat 1200 or more, 1200 is really restrictive.
    Where are you in your monthly cycle? It can do crazy things and if you're at the let's retain all the fluid I can you'll be down a few pounds when you're through that

Good point, I was starting to think perhaps am pregnant. Am on Desogestrel so don't have periods.
  • MrsmurphyFiona
    My first thought, if your scale gives the exact same reading everytime you step on it, is to check the batteries. The body's weight fluctuates. Up a little, down a little... If it does not change at all over 3 weeks, not even by an ounce or two, I'd suspect a bum scale.

New batteries in scales although not sure they are correct still. I am using pharmacy scales to get weight once a week.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Stop with the estimating already! If you are not using a scale to weigh your food, YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH.

It might be 5 calories. It might be 50. It might be 500 or 5000. Humans really suck at estimating.
  • MrsmurphyFiona
    Female age 31, currently 9stone 2lb wanting to loose a stone. Weighing everything and exercising. Eating just under the 1200 it says. If anything am underestimating.
    The only thing I don't record is my Diet Coke intake.
    Thanks! IMO, you are at most, only slightly overweight for your height. Wanting to only lose a stone (14 pounds), it is going to come off frustratingly slow. Please try to be patient and hoping you get to your desired goal.

Thanks but slightly over weight...?!!! Am not over weight at all according to BMI
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    You are short and light. I have no idea how active you are but your deficit may just not be big enough to see scale movement more than every 3 weeks or more. Even when you take bc your hormone levels fluctuate. That's the reality of being a woman.
  • MrsmurphyFiona
    Thanks but slightly over weight...?!!! Am not over weight at all according to BMI
    Now I'm confused. Why are you eating <1200 and you feel you are not overweight?

Because I am not overweight. I just want to look a little better in my bikini this holiday
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Diet coke would still have calories, I imagine.

It's essentially just flavoured water with no nutritional value. Even if you drank a hundred cans a day it wouldn't be worth recording.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Now I'm confused. Why are you eating <1200 and you feel you are not overweight?

Because I am not overweight. I just want to look a little better in my bikini this holiday

Then don't cut calories -- go to the gym! Building muscle is what you need to do to get the result you're looking for.