Breakfast smoothies

MikaMaca92
MikaMaca92 Posts: 10 Member
Hi, I'm new here, I was wondering if any one could share some recipes for breakfast smoothies. I usually wake up early for nursing school and drive an hour to get there. I figure if I prepare the ingredients the night before and then blend in a personal blender I can drink it on my way.

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    google is your friend! there are hundreds of recipes easily accessible online..
  • ashleyantonation
    ashleyantonation Posts: 17 Member
    1 Banana
    1 cup Almond Milk
    1TBSP PB2
    Ice
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    one cup frozen strawberries, sliced
    one half cup milk
    one scoop chocolate protein powder
    1/4 tsp vanilla

throw it all in the food processor and BLAM so good. also good pre workout.
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Banana, scoop of peanut butter powder, scoop of whey protein powder, Dollop of Yoghurt, Milk squib of honey! Whizz it all up! maybe even throw in some oats?? Ice or I freeze the banana just so its cold!
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    @rlilly697 awesome recipe! like the peanut butter idea :+1:

@MikaMaca92 like another person said google is your friend, and so is MFP haha
    I put everything in my nutriblender: Ice, water, kale, spinach, frozen banana, strawberries, and blueberries. And nutriblend it all the way. Why a nutriblender? that's all I have :smiley: I use whatever resources I have.

I don't like to add sugar coz fruits already have sugar in it. I eyeball my food - I don't use measuring cups. I'm a firm believer in simplicity ...and not doing a lot of dishes haha :-p put the lid on and into the refrigerator. It should last a day or two. If it separates like it normally will after sitting for a long time just give it a good shake to bring it back to life!
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    I stuff my NutriBullet with spinach (two handfuls), add about a cup of almond milk, a half a serving or a serving of chocolate protein powder, a tablespoon or two of heavy cream, and as many ice cubes as I can fit. It has a mild chocolaty flavor, not too sweet. I usually put in a couple of grams of xantham gum in with the protein powder so that the smoothie is thicker. It takes a couple of minutes to homogenize everything.

I do something similar for my SO, except nix the spinach, add a big scoop of peanut butter, and up the protein powder to two servings (usually a mix of vanilla and chocolate). If I have remembered to put a banana in the freezer I'll add that in too. He needs the calories and doesn't usually get a break at work for lunch.
  • fw5blue
    fw5blue Posts: 2 Member
    Fresh or frozen fruit
    Kefir (or plain yogurt)
    Nut butter
    A little water or ice
    Freshly ground flax and hemp seeds
    Sprinkle of cinnamon
    Splash of vanilla

I make enough for a couple of days.

• NovaSur
    NovaSur Posts: 44 Member
    I do:
    2 cups of power blend (spinach, kale, swiss chard)
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 cup frozen berries (usually strawberries)
    chia seeds
    plain greek yogurt
    cinnamon for sweetening

This one is kinda bitter.. could add stevia or something...
  • rlilly697
    @amysteri I keep going thro fads where I stick peanut butter on everything I possibly can :P The powder is just a good way to get it into dishes without the Gloopy sludge that is spreadable stuff!
  • MikaMaca92
    MikaMaca92 Posts: 10 Member
    Wow thanks guys! There are some great ideas here. Google is definitely a friend but I always love seeing what other people in the same boat as me like. Peanut butter seems to be a winner. Like the idea of using frozen fruit instead of ice too. This morning I made one with frozen strawberries, fresh cherries, some Greek yogurt and a little honey. It was good but I think it was too cold for the honey or something because the honey didn't want to blend in.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,301 Member
    here's mine:1/2-1 cup frozen tropical fruit, 1/2 cup kirkland(costco) non fat greek yogurt, 1 cup unsweetend Kirkland almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder & 1/2-1 cup fresh spinach or mixed with kale. I have that every morning with variation of fresh fruit
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,301 Member
    sometime I add 1 chocolate rice cake with PB2 on it, fills me up till next meal
  • rlilly697
    MikaMaca92 wrote: »
    Wow thanks guys! There are some great ideas here. Google is definitely a friend but I always love seeing what other people in the same boat as me like. Peanut butter seems to be a winner. Like the idea of using frozen fruit instead of ice too. This morning I made one with frozen strawberries, fresh cherries, some Greek yogurt and a little honey. It was good but I think it was too cold for the honey or something because the honey didn't want to blend in.

Have you tried using the runny squirty honey??? ;P