What kind of bread do you eat?

Replies

• cynthiatiller2015
    cynthiatiller2015 Posts: 2 Member
    I've had Ezekiel and I love the texture and taste and how healthy it is compared to over processed bleached stuff most bread is. It's so expensive though which is the only reason I can't choose it all the time
  • AnderMama88
    AnderMama88 Posts: 49 Member
    I love ezekiel. It's different from other breads, definitely, but that is why I like it. It doesn't trigger me to snack on, its filling, and great from a nutritional standpoint. I buy frozen, and stick the loaf in the fridge when we need it. Lightly toast for a few minutes to improve the texture.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I don't eat bread often but when I do, I love a good loaf of fresh, crusty sourdough from a nice bakery
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    @highwood125 ...the cheapest kind :smiley: , it's bread! For me, its purpose is to hold whatever I place in it.
    Sandwich bread for sandwiches, buns for burgers, dinner rolls for butter... I like to keep it simple
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    I like Daves Killer Breads
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    I've been making homemade bread in my bread machine the last few weeks because i made strawberry jam and its awesome on homemade peanut butter bread. .However i use Joseph's Lavash bread for wraps and thomas 100 calorie english muffins for my egg white breakfast sandwiches. Burgers tend to be natures own whole wheat buns. My husband eats the natures own sugar free bread. He is diabetic, its not the best but it's better and he gave up beer. I pick my battles.
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2017
    Anybody try Ezikiel or Silver Hills bread? I am thinking about trying these types of bread. I like white and rye bread but when I have those around I tend to overindulge.

I like Ezekiel bread just fine, but I bought Silver Hills on my last shopping trip. I'll be buying it from now on. It's tasty, and there's 8 grams of fiber in 2 slices. I toast it up and add 4 tbsp of Costco guac for breakfast each morning. You can't beat it. Yummy AND filling!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    I just recently bought Ezekiel for the first time. I guess I was in an extremely just starting healthy mood because I s1uished avocado, placed on top of the toasted bread, then added flax seed, a touch of tumeric and cinnamon. It was ok. But then had in the refrig too long so I threw away. I also made ham sandwiches with it. It was good. I should buy it again. And it isn't the type of bread that I would binge on (especially with no butter in the house).
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm a huge Ezekiel bread fan. I buy it at Costco (cheaper than regular stores).
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2017
    King's Hawaiian sweet bread.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    I eat any bread that is freshly baked and not packaged to live forever
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't eat a lot of bread anymore, usually a bagel with lox and cream cheese for a weekend treat. I mostly eat wasa crackers or a slice of toasted mestemacher bread, which is swiss or german or something and extremely full of fiber lol. It's barely bread - more like a thin sliced cracker once toasted. I like the taste of very dark, dense, chewy breads and crackers with lots of seeds so if you like rye and don't mind the texture I recommend the mestemacher brand.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Whatever's in the house,
    Usually covered in peanut/almond butter
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Another for Silver Hills Little Big Bread
  • leesandra25
    leesandra25 Posts: 7 Member
    Yum......but alot more sugar. That's what makes it sooooooo good! Could get in big trouble with King's Hawiian!
  • mhwitt74
    mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
    Nature's Harvest whole grain wheat
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Seems like an odd question to me. I eat the type of bread that goes with the meal I'm eating. Whole wheat for grilled cheese or lunch sandwiches, crusty Italian with pasta, fluffy white buns with burgers or brats, flatbread for souvlaki, corn tortillas with tacos, dinner rolls with big family meals, etc. I don't go in for "weight loss" breads I suppose.

We had pasta last night, and Mrs Jruzer produced a homemade mozzarella focaccia to accompany it. It was spectacular - I wish I'd taken a photo.

xi6p6q9bb7pz.gif
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Yum......but alot more sugar. That's what makes it sooooooo good! Could get in big trouble with King's Hawiian!

I could eat an entire package of King's Hawaiian roles. When I make ham biscuits, I always have to set aside a few to eat as I'm assembling.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Whatever is on sale at the store that day. We currently have 12 grain tortillas, white bread (gasp!), and a little bit of an oatmeal and flax loaf left.