At what time do you workout?

Fitness01_
Fitness01_ Posts: 16 Member
edited June 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I know everyone works out at different times, but I'm wondering what you prefer. Or if you have tried different times and one worked better than the other.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Last year "Early". Now "Late".
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited June 2017
    Depends on the time of year. I primarily cycle outdoors so in the summer I typically go early in the morning when it's cool out. In the winter I'm typically either relegated to my trainer which I can do in the AM or an afternoon ride if the weather is decent. Spring/Fall just kinda depends. I lift a couple days per week in the evening after work.

What do you mean by "one worked better than the other?" If you're exercising, your fitness will improve regardless of the timing of that exercise. If you're talking about losing weight, it doesn't matter either...your overall calorie deficit is what matters there.
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    I usually workout at Dawn, but if I'm unable to and get insomnia I'll workout at Midnight - I'm an early night owl ...but my day kinda sounds like a spin-off of Twilight minus the undead romance :D
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    In the summer, cardio at 5am, lifting at noon.
    In the winter lifting at 5am.
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Early (4:30AM), otherwise it won't get done because I know myself.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    30min after work. Drink some protein just before I leave work, drive to gym, and lift. It's busy then but fits my schedule.
  • x_desertcolt_x
    x_desertcolt_x Posts: 253 Member
    cardio at midday and weights at 8pm....i dont do early
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    First thing so it's done and out of the way and I can't talk myself out of working out because "I'm too tired after work, I just want to relax" (used that one ALOT) So I wake up at 6 and do my workout at 7.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    edited June 2017
    As soon as I wake up in the morning. My building has a gym on the top floor which is fairly decent and it makes getting my lifting in super handy. Plus I like to get it out of the way so I can focus on other things.
  • OKNY21
    OKNY21 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm all over the place. I get it in when I can..and make no excuses. So if it has to be 8 a.m. Or 9 p.m. It's going to get done.
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    I have recently tried to workout after breakfast, but I find that I can't get to sleep the nights that I worked out after breakfast, so I have switched it back to late afternoon or early evening.
  • flemmingss
    flemmingss Posts: 32 Member
    prefer to do it after work
  • namari
    namari Posts: 54 Member
    xandra47 wrote: »
    First thing so it's done and out of the way and I can't talk myself out of working out because "I'm too tired after work, I just want to relax" (used that one ALOT) So I wake up at 6 and do my workout at 7.

Me too, if it's not done before work I don't get it done
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    During the week, I go after work. Usually ends up being about 5:00 or 6:00 PM.

On Sunday I usually go in the late morning or midday. The gym is usually pretty quiet then, it's very nice.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Whenever my baby naps, usually around 11am
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    After work is my only opportunity.
  • x_desertcolt_x
    x_desertcolt_x Posts: 253 Member
    i think i have done an am (before 7) once in the last 3 or so years...i think i would prefer it but sooo not a morning person
  • TrevorAsdf
    TrevorAsdf Posts: 3 Member
    I have tried in the morning and night, and I find that I have a lot more energy in the morning.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Usually start anywhere from 10 -11:30 am, depends on when I wake up and how I'm feeling