Barbara´s OMAD Journal

barbheart
barbheart Posts: 433 Member
Started OMAD 12 days ago. Absolute OMAD non stop since.
weight myself today (and freaked)
322lbs (if the machine is correct)
my Heigh: 5.2''
No apparent health issues besides obesity
OMAD: 23:1 (technically its less than 1h window because I eat in less than 30 min and I close the window.I eat my plate and thats it I have my drink take my vitamins)
Vitamins: resveratrol, omega 3, vit d3, vit K, magnesium, marine phytoplancton, chlorella.

I have been eating one meal a day, I eat protein (meat, fish chiken) and veggies (zuccini, salads, rice, or pasta), I end my meal with a bisket or mini cake with some organic cacao drink with coconut oil and xylitol or else a piece of chocolate.

So far, the meals are good, just one day I didnt eat too much because I feel full very quickly on my OMAD meal. I have managed quite well to sustain my fasting hours

For the first two weeks I have felt great, I feel more energized and love the fasting feeling. (I am just pissed off today cause I weight myself and didnt expect those 322lbs. I was expecting 30 lbs less I gained those kilos after a 3 months super strict Paleo type diet, 2 years ago. That got me real bitchy with no carbs, so I yoyoed back up the weight again.

Main issues: sedentary life AND very slugghish colon. I do colonics now and then they have been a real blessing in my life. I currently do colonics My last one 10 days ago just as I started OMAD. A colonic is a water irrigation thru the intestines to cleanse and remove fecal matter. In my case its a must. need to do it.

My meals tend to be all organic, bio.

My fasting time: I drink water,coffee (back with No sweetners nothing), green tea (kukicha tea, love it)

My emotions are good I work on myself on all levels, pray, meditate, love myself and specially forgive myself for all this weight gain...

Weight has been an ongoing issue all my life. If I stop eating cut calories I drop weight but food been associated to my mother (she over fed me to compensate stuff when I was a child, then she died when I was 9, perhaps I have some remaining trauma from her death )

Replies

• barbheart
    Forgot to say my goal is to reach my 50´s next june 2018 super amazingly fit and ...whatever to loose the maximum weight I can :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Remember to get 30 minutes of sunlight each day. And ACV.
  • barbheart
    What is ACV? (I am Spanish from Spain)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome to the group. ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Best to you, Barbara! It does sound like you're doing really well so far. I look forward to watching you progress.
  • barbheart
    Thank you ladies! Apple cider yes I do take!!! I just had it on my salad... for my OMAD today I had a rice+tomatoe+advocado+lettuce organic salad plus 1,5 chicken hamburger (organic) plus a cake (more like a big biscuit and a bit of chocolate and a chaga drink (Chaga, the mushroom)

I also did 2 miles with leslie sansone 1 mile video (2 times prior to my meal). I went to the sun 30 min and moved much more through my morning than usually...

Need to "retrain" myself to keep moving...
    tks for your encouragements!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome to the group, You will love it here :) I also drink Chaga Tea, do you make your own?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome! Did you weigh yourself at the start of OMAD? Did you get a lose those 1st 12-days?
  • barbheart
    Blambo...I wasnt going to weight myself so for the first 10 or so days of OMAD I didn´t weight myself ...just today and I will check with another weight at the chemist just make sure this new machine is accurate LOL (see my denial? LOL)
  • barbheart
    Brenda! thanks for your friend request!!! No I do not make chaga myself but i have been taking it for months already and i love it, it is sooo sooo healing and vibrationally speaking sooo special... I just love it! really purifying and super food filled with antiox and SOD
  • barbheart
    Hi guys,

I weight myself on day 10 of my OMAD and its where I started from 322lbs. Weight myself today on day 14 and I was at 319. So cool dropping down...
    I tried today Joe´s dish based on scrambled eggs, beans, cheese and a salad. All is organic/bio except the beans.
    I also started doing fitness walk (leslie sansone 1 mile, I did 2 miles not all in a row but 1 mile and an hour later another mile) its gentle...
    But yesterday I fell hurt my knee... healed it and today I am fine but no walking for a few days then back to gentle walking.

Mood is super high, super positive, balanced, stable...
    highly motivated. I love my fast state... really peaceful, clear, pure
    love it
    Hunger feelings are minimum sometimes I get them before going to bed (my meal is 2pm) but I drink water or green tea and I manage.
    My range of movement is increading my stretches are far wider...

8v5eed5xyvd8.jpg
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited July 2017
    What a pretty meal and you sound like you're very happy with keeping OMAD basic, as it should be (and exactly where I'm heading after a brief love affair with calorie counting, lol) and you're enjoying the peace that comes with it. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You are doing an awesome job and I love your positive attitude.
  • barbheart
    thank you beautiful ladies!!!! reading your great success at weight drop and maintenance hurrey we rock!
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    I can relate to being sedentary. I lived in a camper for years, everything was within reaching distance! Now, I use a fitness tracker watch - there are lots of different ones - that I've set to remind me to move if I've been sitting for an hour straight. It really helps me break my habit of just sitting.
  • barbheart
    Tks for your experience Hestia yes... I am making an effort in mindfulness of movement !!! so I gain 2 things I get to move and I get to improve my levels of mindfulness or else present awareness AND body awareness! Been much more active since I made the decision to be so!... the power of conscious choice!!! it always brings us back to our selves... our inner power
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Hi Barbara! You're really off to a great start! Keep it up :)
  • barbheart
    thank you Mikseyniha tks for your friendship! :)

• barbheart
    Went for lunch today with husband and his daughter and managed very well as lunch is my OMAD meal... had some nice chicken and tomato salad with some potatoes.. feeling good... flexibility is improving inflamation is dropping... happy as larry!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    barbheart wrote: »
    Forgot to say my goal is to reach my 50´s next june 2018 super amazingly fit and ...whatever to loose the maximum weight I can :)

That's my exact situation too - I'll be 50 next June and there is no way I'm going to be fat!!

Good luck - this a an awesome group...

Btw, back in May my partner and I visited Spain. We spent about a week in Madrid (I was at a conference - he was gallivanting around) and then we drove down to the south coast (stopped at Ronda for a night ) and then took the ferry over to Morocco) - was a fabulous trip... Lovely countryside (I'd only ever been to Barcelona before - which is obviously awesome too!!) and food and people.