Is Premium MFP worth it?

If I upgrade to premium is it worth it?! :)
Let me know if you have and what you think. Thank you!

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    What features about premium are you interested in? Are they worth the membership to you? I don't need the extra features, therefore, I don't pay for it.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    @grmrsan Nutrition count? Things besides protein, carbs, potassium, sugar, fiber, vita A, Vit C, calcium, iron, sodium, sat fat, etc? Which I get free?
    Which exact extras are offered? I never read about that. Asking since I would love to know things like vit K, magnesium, boron, etc.
  • BurgerLovinBulker
    BurgerLovinBulker Posts: 38 Member
    I use it because I want to customize my macros per day, as I switch to bulking. That's the only reason I bought the premium.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    I like going ad-free and being able to set all my own numbers. I also feel like I should pay a bit for this and a couple other sites I use heavily because I want them to be around long term.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    I won't consider paying for premium until the database is cleaned up, both of the glut of duplicate, erroneous user-created entries and the glitchy system entries.

I have been exceeding dissatisfied with my results when I write to Support to notify them about glitches in the system entries in the database and have stopped bothering to do this. I'm referring to issues like decimal errors making 1 g entries give results for 100 grams and giving liquid measurements like milliliters for solid foods. I've written multiple times about the same issues, complete with screenshots, to no avail. It's easy for me to spot the errors and do workarounds, but I would like to help others. Unfortunately, when I get a Support staff who actually does understand the issue, they often can't get a fix made. I'm tired of wasting my time on this.
  • smileyducky
    smileyducky Posts: 31 Member
    It's not really worth it unless you want to hit very specific macros, and even then you can still do that on free by adjusting as much as you can and ignoring the "you've gone over your fat goal!" Warning it you set it to 40% but you really needed 43%. I tried it for one month and just cancelled my subscription the other day
  • DomorVerbeuk
    DomorVerbeuk Posts: 22 Member
    It's just over 4€ per month if you pay it once a year and that means you're supporting this app/community, going ad-free and have some other stuff I probably wont't use but really hate to see that I can't use it in case I want to try it. So I've got premium and for me it's worth it. It costs as much per year as 1 hour with a personal trainer or nutritionist.
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    I'm a semi-pro athlete and I love my dashboards and metrics; the cost is worth it to me because I don't spent $6 a day at Starbucks on a pink drink. (Smiles)
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    I was premium for a while but then I realised I used none of the extra features, literally none, so I went back to free.
    So think which features you might need.