STILL fat thighs!

So I have been on a massive health kick for 11 months with quite a bit of weight to lose still (30kilos) I have lost 25kg so far. Quit booze... circuit and weight training 4/5 days a week and really motivated. But I can't see much of a difference in my thighs. They are very FAT. It is so frustrating. Any one in the same boat who could share tips?!

Replies

• CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    My thighs are always the last to budge. Have you been measuring? Were your thighs always bigger even before the 25kg loss? If so, you probably have lost a lot from there, but because your body is reducing everywhere, the fat loss is relative.

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    As a woman, having lower body fat is normal... It will eventually lessen with consistent deficit and exercise. Don't be discouraged, keep going!
  • steph_alexjames
    steph_alexjames Posts: 2 Member
    My thighs are always the last to budge. Have you been measuring? Were your thighs always bigger even before the 25kg loss? If so, you probably have lost a lot from there, but because your body is reducing everywhere, the fat loss is relative.

I must admit I stopped meassuring .. but even years ago when the rest of my body was thin I have always had disproportionate large fat thighs. I am hoping you are right! I will start meassuring again. Thanks!
  • smileyducky
    smileyducky Posts: 31 Member
    SAME HERE!! I've lost 40lbs, 10-15lbs to go and I've gone from a size XL to S-M on top and I'm still a size 8 in pants. I do see a small difference when I look at progress pictures though. I guess I don't have any advice, just letting you know you aren't alone. The fat will come off where it wants to on its own time I guess
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I also hold fat in my lower body (thighs, back of legs). For me they are the last to come off.. a deficit, weight training and lots patience.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    The curse of genetics. Most of my weight is in my hips/thighs. Continuing in a calorie deficit is what will reduce them. If you aren't yet, start measuring them and you'll see a difference on the tape even if you don't in the mirror.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Most experts now go by hip-waist ratio rather than overall weight as a measure of health, so if fat around your middle is decreasing you are getting healthier. I wish I had larger thighs, they're so feminine and beautiful; if that's your natural shape then embrace it! Maybe it would help to do squats and deadlifts to tone them but don't despair over how your body distributes its weight. It sounds like you're still losing weight too, so it could be the last place the fat comes off. Again though, fat around the thighs is not considered as detrimental to health as weight around the middle.