Barbara´s OMAD Journal

Replies

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    @minigrrll I can see the streets of Spain on your profile pic!!...I was born in Madrid and now live down south very close to Ronda funny enough in the country side awesome amazing!!!..
    Well we have our goals then ...lets make it!!!! hurrey! FIT FIFTIES!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited July 2017
    Wow, super jealous of where you live!! Yay, fit fifties indeed!!! And good eye - that is indeed Madrid in the background...
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Great progress barb! I've found that omad only gets easier as you get further into it... Keep it up!
  • minigrrll
    Great progress barb! I've found that omad only gets easier as you get further into it... Keep it up!

I agree with that - the first week or so is pretty hard and then it just gets easier after that...
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Agree with the other two ladies :)
  • barbheart
    I am not sure my weight machine is accurate but nontheless it measured 317lbs today so 5 pounds lost in 8 days or so... I do feel as if I am dropping more... Hunger levels are a bit higher today but I guess it fluctuates... I ate rice and veggies yesterday and salad hardly no proteins.
  • barbheart
    I am doing some stretches of the legs and lower back and my range of movement is increasing and the time I can hold those postures is also increasing which is great... probably dropping inflamation levels...
  • barbheart
    I am also reading how these other people do longer longer fasts and drop quickly but when I check with my intuition I get a NO...don´t go there for now... so I am going to follow my intuition on that one. I recon I could put my body in major freak mode and its already adapting to OMAD so gentle and steady although my mind romances these quick drops after longer fasts!.
  • wsandy8512
    Barbara, you're doing fantastic so far! I'm happy to hear that you are not going to do extended fasting at this time. I think it would be a huge, huge mistake and may throw you off track this early into OMAD, especially. Five pounds is awesome and you did it without extended fasting. The group's owner, arguablysamson/Joe, lost an average of 3. some odd pounds a week and he did not do extended fasting. There's nothing wrong with it, if people want to do it, that's their choice. I haven't done extended fasting aside from when something unplanned happens during the day that pushes my meal later, or we are invited to go eat somewhere a day ahead of time--if I'm prepared to eat later in the day, I can hold off with no problems or I'll eat a light snack at my meal time if it runs into the later evening. If I'm not mentally prepared to extend my window? Um, yeah, may resort to quick hunger fixes. lol

Do what's working now and keep at it, only consider doing other things if you're weight stalls. Losing .5-2lbs a week isn't stalling, btw, it's a natural part of the process and considered the best way to lose weight, slowly. My first 40 came off fast, and now I'm slowing down and that's fine. The longer it takes the better chance I have at keeping it off forever. :-)
  • minigrrll
    I agree with Sandy - don't do extended fasting at this point. You're doing great and losing weight nicely so far. I agree it's definitely a personal choice, but for me, I just feel it would push me into feeling way too deprived which would lead to an "eat everything in sight for who knows how long" situation. I am in awe of people who can do extended fasts, but I realised pretty quickly it wasn't for me...

I think your intuition is spot on here!! :)
  • barbheart
    Yes dear ladies you are SO right!!!! it would be pushing the body too far and no need if its working at this stage!!! plus I am not mentally ready for it nor maybe physically...
    So I plan to keep on with my 23:1 today was hungry and I ate more carbs than usually but never an enormous meal stuffing me up... its all quite balance and harmonious...
    thanks so much for your positive feedback and words of wisdom! Much love!!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    5-lbs is awesome! Your doing great. Just keep doing what your doing! Congrats!
  • barbheart
    tks blambo61!!!
  • barbheart
    Hello buddies!

I continue with OMAD I haven´t splurge or anything like that since I started 2 weeks or more ago. Haven´t weight myself since last time but I feel I am loosing volume... stretched trousers started feeling less tight yesterday hurrey. Feel I´ve been loosing abdominal volume

I have been observing my patterns and needs for more carbs. Two days ago I really felt the need to eat much more carbs than usual in my OMAD and so I did, what happened was that for 2 days I didn´t fancy hardly any carb...so I went along with that in my food choices. Now today I am starting to feel more enclined to eat carbs on my omad meal. Well maybe its natural a fluctuation in tastes and desires so I am going along with it.

My food choices are 95% super healthy and organic (bio) anyway so I am happy with it.

I recently watched Joe´s latest video with his advice to stick with OMAD and not jump from fast to fast. Great piece of advice!!! thanks Joe!!!

Knee is still hurting from a fall so I haven´t resumed my walking but will be soon. I had just started doing 2 miles fitness walk 1 mile per time (Leslie sansone´s videos) and didn´t feel any problems doing them which is great.
    MY stretching exercices are showing greater flexibility day by day which is great!

Much love to all and good luck on your goals!
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Barb, wow, that's just awesome! I really think it's great that you haven't weighed in yet, but yet you're so in tune with your body that you trust the process and have other ways to tell that you're losing. Sounds like you are also in tune with what your body needs and eating 95% healthy is awesome!

I watched Joe's latest video, too, it was fantastic. I haven't had very many splurges since starting OMAD, not because I don't want to, just haven't felt the need. I'd say maybe two, true splurge days and the other times were controlled with eating crap, but within calorie limits. lol

Good luck to you on your goals as well! :-)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Barb, you are doing good avoiding the scale for now. Sometimes those numbers can drive you crazy and have you in a tizzy for no real reason. How your clothes feel is a good way to determine if progress is being made. You are doing great so far. Stick with it and you will definitely see results.
  • barbheart
    Yes dear ladies!!!! Sticking with it! Also Joe´s videos are really motivational!... puts me back on track or if I am already on track it makes me even more on track he seems so goal oriented just what I need to keep myself there!!!
    so thanks Joe if you get to read this!!!

And thank you also for being able to follow your progress and get inspired by other co-Omaders! (wow we are creating a new language here LOL)
  • barbheart
    This was too yummie I could hardly finish it... Next time I will put less pasta... but again I didnt eat my buiscuits afterwards nor my cacao so I balanced it out...
    Was too good... organic lettuce, rucula, spinach, tomato, onion, purple cabbage, oregano, ACV, Olive oil, pasta and tuna fish and 1 boiled egg. I love my salads!

gil9vk51r4kq.jpg
  • barbheart
    Did 1 mile fitness walk before lunch but my knee is still in pain since my fall... grrrrr!
  • wsandy8512
    Ohhhhh, what a beautiful salad! Mmmm, mmmm!

Hope your knee feels better soon!