30 Day SHRED!!!!!! "AGAIN!!!"

Replies

• AMD0828
    AMD0828 Posts: 9 Member
    smehrjou wrote: »
    I just finished L1 D3 and my quads are killing me, but I am sweating like never before! I'm thinking of doing it straight through with no rest days, is anyone doing it in 30 days or are you guys taking rest days?

I do 2 days 30DS, 30 min cardio, 2 days 30DS, 30 min cardio + 1 rest day. I started May 31 and 2 days away from finishing level 2 and lost almost 10 lbs in the month. I don't think i could do the 30DS everyday - you muscles will fatigue and then you will lose the benefit because you aren't going as intense. Maybe aim for doing it 4-5 days and just make sure you are going as hard as you can the whole time. If you are sticking to 1200-1400 cals/day you should start seeing results!
  • mmmmaidservice
    mmmmaidservice Posts: 85 Member
    @smehrjou I think I might try ripped in 30 but I won't be done the shred until September anyway. I am already seeing results so you will absolutely see results. I stick to about a 1700/calorie day diet because my job is also very physical.
  • smehrjou
    smehrjou Posts: 28 Member
    AMD0828 wrote: »
    I just finished L1 D3 and my quads are killing me, but I am sweating like never before! I'm thinking of doing it straight through with no rest days, is anyone doing it in 30 days or are you guys taking rest days?

I do 2 days 30DS, 30 min cardio, 2 days 30DS, 30 min cardio + 1 rest day. I started May 31 and 2 days away from finishing level 2 and lost almost 10 lbs in the month. I don't think i could do the 30DS everyday - you muscles will fatigue and then you will lose the benefit because you aren't going as intense. Maybe aim for doing it 4-5 days and just make sure you are going as hard as you can the whole time. If you are sticking to 1200-1400 cals/day you should start seeing results!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm starting Day 4 level 1 and so far still feeling pretty good. I may take a day off tomorrow and just do it 4 days with 1 rest day in between doing something else. I'll post after I'm done, I may feel differently about it afterwards, lol
  • smehrjou
    @smehrjou I think I might try ripped in 30 but I won't be done the shred until September anyway. I am already seeing results so you will absolutely see results. I stick to about a 1700/calorie day diet because my job is also very physical.

That makes sense, last time I spoke to my doctor she recommended around 1400 calories, I'm sticking with 1200 since my body loves to hold on to the fat and I'm hoping the extra calorie deficit should help!

So far I've lost about 8 lbs in 4 weeks and that included a week when I was on the road for work and didn't get to exercise at all.
  • smehrjou
    So for day 4 I decided to do level 2 to work a different set of muscles. The only thing that I'm really finding challenging is my quads are killing me. I'm doing yoga, I'm rolling them but still they hurt a ton! Any tips from anyone?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    So for day 4 I decided to do level 2 to work a different set of muscles. The only thing that I'm really finding challenging is my quads are killing me. I'm doing yoga, I'm rolling them but still they hurt a ton! Any tips from anyone?

They will get stronger soon, I find that baths in epson salt help a lot. Other wise it's just part of the deal! I found that by the day 7 they had grown strong enough that it wasn't hurting anymore after workouts. Have you taken a rest day yet? It's important to give your muscles recovery time to heal other wise you will overtrain. The soreness is from microtears in the muscle so not letting those heal is not doing yourself any favors!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Ladies!!!!! Anyone ready to share their progress????
    Anyone ready for another SHREDDD!!!start July 1st ?????
  • Fuji09
    Fuji09 Posts: 2 Member
    how do you add the 30 day shred to your exercise on the my fitness pal app?
  • marciaj10
    marciaj10 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm in but plan to do this three times a week only. Lol
  • nettle1972
    nettle1972 Posts: 4 Member
    im in but will alternate it with Gillians Yoga DVD to strengthen and flex
  • smehrjou

Still doing it for the first time, I have so much respect for all of you who have done this before, this workout is really tough
  • PoppyPea
    PoppyPea Posts: 28 Member

On L3 D4. May post progress pic/s when completed the full 30 days - not too long to go!
    Fuji09 wrote: »
    how do you add the 30 day shred to your exercise on the my fitness pal app?

I log it as 25 mins cardio and set it at 100 cals burned, but I prefer to underestimate my exercise calories.

• NoMoreAfatChick
    I plan to do it 4days a week and cross trainer 4tyms a week and weights (beginner)...
  • smehrjou
    I plan to do it 4days a week and cross trainer 4tyms a week and weights (beginner)...

Do you do 4 days straight or do you alternate days? I'm trying to figure out what works best still. I'll definitely will post some pics after I'm done with this but still on L1 D4 (I did level 2 for two days in between)
  • NoMoreAfatChick

Do you do 4 days straight or do you alternate days? I'm trying to figure out what works best still. I'll definitely will post some pics after I'm done with this but still on L1 D4 (I did level 2 for two days in between)

It depends... but I make sure I do 4days workout... :smile:
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    I've broken my resolution to do the Jillian Michaels Shred DVD before I even started three months running, partially out of fear it would exacerbate a joint problem that I was already doing physio exercises for, and partially due to simple reluctance to do more exercise. So after planning to start and then... just not on the 1st April, 1st May and 1st June, this month I've actually started. Maybe four times is the charm!

It's now the second of July and I'm two days in now. I'm recording it as 10 minutes circuit training, as I'm taking any segments that involve knees very gently indeed.
  • smehrjou
    I've broken my resolution to do the Jillian Michaels Shred DVD before I even started three months running, partially out of fear it would exacerbate a joint problem that I was already doing physio exercises for, and partially due to simple reluctance to do more exercise. So after planning to start and then... just not on the 1st April, 1st May and 1st June, this month I've actually started. Maybe four times is the charm!

It's now the second of July and I'm two days in now. I'm recording it as 10 minutes circuit training, as I'm taking any segments that involve knees very gently indeed.

I'm sure you'll do great!! It's really tough but I feel great afterwards. I just hope that my results are as dramatic as some I've seen here on MFP, we'll do it together :)
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member

Lol we are kinda similar, I have re started 4 times haha!! I usually get to day 4 then something happens in life and I lose steam for a few weeks and start again. We got this!!
  • PoppyPea
    PoppyPea Posts: 28 Member
    L3 D6 done - still plugging away at Shred even though I overate horribly this past weekend.

Going to be diligent with the calories this week, and hope to complete Shred by weekend. Ripped in 30 is calling me next as don't think I can give up on Jillian just yet (sorry, FitnessBlender!).
  • smehrjou
    I just finished day 7 level 1 and it is definitely getting easier. I've convinced my brother in law to join me so depending on how he feels I may end up doing level 1 for 15 days and then move to level 2. To be honest I can't imagine that doing it longer will be a bad thing so not too worried about it! I'm still doing yoga every day and just started adding some belly dance routines just to make it more fun! I'm definitely super motivated to see this through, just hoping to start seeing more of a progress