Im new here, and was jsut wonder what is your goal?

Im 46 and have put on WAY to much weight! I would love to loose 110 pounds but would be happy if I could drop 80. I have been at this for 3 weeks, and am down 20 pounds. The hardest thing for me to give up was soda. I was a big coke drinker! But with motivation, I havent had a coke or bread in 3 weeks!!!

I want to loose 30 more pounds by Thanksgiving. Do you think this is possible?

Replies

• Im 46 and have put on WAY to much weight! I would love to loose 110 pounds but would be happy if I could drop 80. I have been at this for 3 weeks, and am down 20 pounds. The hardest thing for me to give up was soda. I was a big coke drinker! But with motivation, I havent had a coke or bread in 3 weeks!!!

I want to loose 30 more pounds by Thanksgiving. Do you think this is possible?
  • Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    I'm new here too.
    And yes I think it's possible to loose another 30 lbs by Thanksgiving as long as your doing it the right way.
    I've got to give you BIG CUDOS for giving up soda and bread!!! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!
    I'm in the same place you are, 100 plus lbs to loose and working hard at it everyday. My goal is 128 lb loss. I haven't been there for 15 years, ie before children, but am anxious to be there again. I don't look at the 128 lbs as my only goal though. I lose 5 lbs and I make the goal for another 5, it's the only way I can seem to wrap my head around the weight loss without being overwhelmed.
    Good Luck Girl! You can do it! If you need anything along the way, an encouraging word, pep talk or prayer just let me know! We're all in this together!

~Suzanne, Washington State
    "I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me!" Phil 4:13
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    Tammy,

Hey, Florida! I had to give up soda too, and here is my solution- buy only 100% Juices, I like Langers Brand and I usually mix their 100% Grape Juice with their 100% Cranberry juice. If you buy fruit juice cocktail, there is added sugar and/or corn syrup, which you don't want to buy.

Then, for every 4 oz. of juice, mix it with 1 can of sparkling water (seltzer). I entered it into the database here, so just search for Langers.

It is good to drink just before your walk, it gives you instant usable carbs (good fruit carbs) and 20 ounces of fluid, which your body will need walking in Florida sunshine. Sometimes I just mix it with 12 oz. of water to take on the walk, but if it's soda bubbles you're craving, this is a good substitute.

Here's the nutrition breakdown:
    Sodium15 mg
    Total Fat 0 g
    Potassium150 mg
    Saturated 0 g
    Total Carbs18 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Sugars16 g
    Trans 0 g
    Protein 0 g
    Cholestero l0 mg
    Vitamin A 5 %
    Calcium 5 %
    Vitamin C 50 %
    Iron0 %

Good luck! Keep it up!
  • tnkitty
    tnkitty Posts: 78 Member
    I'm 5'8" 220 lbs and my goal is to get down to 175, but I would be thrilled just to get below 200 at this point. I told my husband I would be sooo happy to be 199.9999999 lol! I'm a stress eater, so I have to be really careful. I tend to yo-yo a little bit (10 lb loss, gain it back, etc) and that can be really unhealthy. So stress be gone, good habits and exercise...bring it on!
    Grats on the no-soda! Just keep drinking tons of water and you will do great. Good Luck!! :-)
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Hi everyone!

I am a mommy of 2 girls.
    Before I got pregnant with my 2nd, I was on a diet & was workingout about 2-3 hours a day, 5x a week.
    I did not reach my goal weight b4 I got pregnant. I was hanging on to about 30 pounds.

I started exercising and dieting again a few months ago with the support of some cousins but that didn't go so well. Lost about 10 pounds with them. I got so discouraged so I stopped. Gained about 5 pounds back. Now.... dieting and exercising again. This time, I'm trying so hard to stick to it.

I have 10-15 pounds to go. My goal weight is 125 pounds.
    I need to lose this weight do to my asthma. It has gotten tons beter already since I've started.

I would like to lose this weight before I see my mom on Turkey Day.
    We have not seen each other for a few years so this will be a good thing.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I am 35 and a mother of 3. I am keeping my goals in small baby steps right now. So for now I would like to go down 2 pant sizes and be the size I was after my 15 year old was born.

I haven't done so well the last 3 days because of allergies and heat but I am determined to keep at it. I am looking forward to seeing some cooler weather and enjoying a good walk.

Good luck
  • littlekimmyishy
    littlekimmyishy Posts: 34 Member
    i am 20, 5 ft 7, and weigh around 195 pounds. (im not sure if thats right, because well, WE DONT HAVE A SCALE!). id like to weigh about 130. I am aiming to lose 2 pounds a week on average, and be at my goal in about a year. I am hoping that using this site daily will help me keep on track.

I spend a lot of time on the internet as it is, and if it can help me watch what im stuffing in my face, well, then thats SO much better.
  • I'm 41 years old, 5' 10" and weighing in at 283 pounds..... my goal is to weigh 190 pounds.....stop smoking..... eat better and get into the same physical shape I was in while in my mid twenties.... I'm also a stress eater.... and a stress smoker.

I was laid off from my job of 20 years in March this year and didn't pay much attention to my weight gain till I found myself rocking just to get off the couch. In March, I was 218 pounds ...... it just piled up quicker than burgers at a drive thru window.

My biggest challenge is going to be self discipline .... being the youngest in my family.... I was always a little spoiled and got pretty much everything I wanted...... ha ha..... that's what I am working on now..... better control of my own actions.
  • I'm 36 with 2 kids. My goal is 153, although my doctor wants me to get down to 132! I started this program at 200 and have lost 6 lbs so far. It's slow but as long as I am careful not to take too many liberties, it seems to work. I, too, am a stress eater and I find that as long as I stay busy, I can keep from eating so much. I'm walking at least 30 min a day like the doctor ordered. All of this is an effort to lower my blood pressure before I have to go on meds! I'm determined but still not convinced I can do it! Good luck to all.

Betty
  • I' m 31 , 5'2 at 130 lbs. I find that now after my second child I can't seem to loose below the 130 mark. I used to be 118 lbs and now that my that we have past his second birthday it is time to regain my old body back or at least as close as I possibly can.
  • izzyrut
    izzyrut Posts: 25
    I am 19 years old, 5 foot 5 and weigh 154 pounds, i would love to get down to 127 pounds.
  • jlwilson
    jlwilson Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 34, 5'8" and currently 176lbs. I have been doing this for 3 weeks now and lost 14lbs which is great but I'm thinking I might get burned out so I really need this site to keep me motivated. have been working out 6 days a week, stopped drinking (the hardest part!!) and eating veggies, veggies and more veggies. My goal is 150 lbs.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    jlwilson,

If I may, please try to eat all your allotted calories, you shouldn't keep up that amount of weight loss more than two or three weeks. I think you will burn out if you wear out.

5'8" and 176 is awesome, you don't have that much to lose still. Just nourish your body with a combination of Protein, Carbs, Fat & Fiber. Then when you reach your goal, you will have learned how to have the alcohol if you want to, by saving the calories for it as an occasional drink. This is a life-long change you have to make.

Good Luck!

~Cheryl
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Hi
    I believe any weight is achievable. It's a matter of setting long term and short term goals. I was 305lbs I'm now 287. My goal is 225lbs. So thats 60 some pounds left to go; however my short term goal is to lose a pound or more a week or at the very least not gain any. I think thats the key. I think that's the biggest piece of the puzzle. Instead of worrying about how much you need to lose think about what it takes to maintain your current weight and subtract small things and eventually you will get there. Good luck you can so do it.
  • okiemoma
    okiemoma Posts: 14 Member
    5'2" and started at 280. I'm down to 247 with 12 1/2" gone! I have been dieting since about July 7. I'm happy with that. All though I would prefer it to go faster! My goal is really to just be healthy. I have a 20 month old granddaughter with another grandchild on the way and I want to be able to enjoy them at all the fun places -- the zoo, water parks, parks in general places like that. It will come.
  • sarbluebear
    sarbluebear Posts: 9 Member
    i'm 25, im 170cm tall and weigh 70kg I really want to weigh 55kg which is what I used to weigh and is in the healthy weight range, I would like to 65kg by the end of this month thats my first start I lost 4kg last week but that always happens on the first week so here I go ;0 xx- oh any pp restricting their carbs im intersted in swapping recipes x
  • y300210
    y300210 Posts: 11
    Hi There
    I am 43 and 5 foot 6 and currently weigh 176 - my first goal is to get to 160 and then I would really love to be 150 again, but, I will get to 160 first and then see. I started losing weight in Jan of this year, I weighed in at 206 and by the end of March I was 157 - then I got lazy and quit exercising and didn't watch my eating and now here I am back at 176 - mad at myself for doing it but back on track! Shooting for my goal - at least now I realize that this is a life change, not a temporary thing!
    Good luck to you!
  • jree435
    jree435 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi

I'm 31, 5"10 and I weigh 205 (BLEH) my goal is a size 10. I know this site helps us track weight so I guess that would be around 175 - 170.

I was put on hormone therapy a few years ago and gained 30 pounds in 4 months. After that I just kept gaining. I was 228 at my heaviest. So now I'm eating better ( most days LOL) and feeling better.

I ve found that once you start eating healthier and in the right proportions it's really hard to go back to eating the way you did before. That really helps me out and makes it easier to keep up with the weight loss. Although sometimes, like this summer at my sisters bbq when I wanted that second helping of ribs and candied yams, it makes me wanna scream *grin*
  • I'm 41 (soon to be 42) and I currently at 244. It is the heaviest I have ever been. I, too, am a stress eater and giving up Pepsi is the hardest thing for me. I work 50-60 hours a week and am having a very hard time finding time to eat right and to exercise. I know that sames lame, but oh so true. According to my ideal weight, I should weight 114 but I haven't weighed that since 7th grade. My realistic goal is 100 lbs. I know I have to be patient but I want it NOW!!!

I have a husband who is very supportive but it is so hard to diet when he doesn't have to.

Good luck to all.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi , I'm 49, the mother of three grown girls and I weighed 205 when I joined at the end of August and I'm now down to 190. It is coming off for which I am grateful, but like everyone I'm impatient. So I look for the small gains I make each week. Soon I will have to think about strength training and I'm really balking at that. We don't live near a workout center so everything I do has to be through dvd and any weights I can find. But I am starting a regimen tomorrow. This will be the hardest part for me. The walking is just fine as I have a friend to walk with. So what does everyone else do for strength training? Maybe it will give me some ideas of what I can do different.