Protein cookie dough for dinner...

2»

Replies

• leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    sofchak wrote: »
    Just made it - didn't add the choc chips yet. Right consistency... think my vanilla protein powder is a bit overpowering though tbh. Doesn't look like a lot for 300+ cal to me... idk. Will throw in the fridge for a bit to see if that will help with the taste. Not sure if I will eat it yet ...

Thanks for posting this! Gives me a visual for the serving size

Agree that the angle of my original picture is deceiving. Although, for 300 calories it is very filling and definitely takes the edge off! Still experimenting with the recipe... maybe add a bit of vanilla extract, a tsp. of brown sugar, etc. Definitely worth playing around with!
  • leanitup123
    edited July 2017
    Just made it - didn't add the choc chips yet. Right consistency... think my vanilla protein powder is a bit overpowering though tbh. Doesn't look like a lot for 300+ cal to me... idk. Will throw in the fridge for a bit to see if that will help with the taste. Not sure if I will eat it yet ...

Thanks for sharing! Use my recipe as a base and play around with it. I hope you enjoy :)
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    edited July 2017
    Only thing that worries me about making this is I'm afraid its going to be a small sad portion for 310 calories...

Anybody try it yet?

You could probably do without the cashew butter to cut some calories tbh!

Or sub PB2
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    Only thing that worries me about making this is I'm afraid its going to be a small sad portion for 310 calories...

Anybody try it yet?

You could probably do without the cashew butter to cut some calories tbh!

Or sub PB2
    I think if you subbed the PB2 you wouldn't need as much flour.

I mix a couple tablespoons of PB2 with a single serve of Greek vanilla yogurt and toss in a tbsp a mini chocolate chips for my cookie dough fix. It's a fluffier consistency but does the trick for about 200 calories.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member

Thanks for posting this! Gives me a visual for the serving size

Photos of entire sheets of cookies or pots of food with "calories per serving" written next to them are one of my pet peeves :smiley:
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    I would double check calories on that recipe because #1 - it's 300+ calories for half the recipe, not all and 2. - what is a "serving" of chocolate chips?

A serving of mini chocolate chips is 15 grams for 70 calories. I add them to my 30 grams of All Bran Buds (with 1/4 cup milk) every day. Fabulous snack.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Protein Cookie Dough Recipe - makes 2 servings

1 cup plain Greek yogurt (120 calories)
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder (200 calories)
    1/4 cup (28 grams) coconut flour (120 calories)
    1 TBSP Cashew Butter (100 calories)
    1 serving chocolate chips or chunks (80 calories)

Approx total per serving: 310 calories

Mix everything together, refrigerate or eat immediately. ENJOY. :)

Will definitely have to make this once all of my other snacky foods go down.
  • leanitup123
    edited July 2017

Will definitely have to make this once all of my other snacky foods go down.

UPDATE: made it without the cashew butter and added a splash of vanilla extract and a teaspoon of brown sugar and it was just as good, if not better (and fewer calories)!
  • pielattes1
    pielattes1 Posts: 62 Member

I did a search of all of the above ingredients and may have found some alternative ingredients to help decrease the calories per serving (*I didn't work out the macros just calories)

Less-Guilt Edible Cookie Dough
    *Smile*

1 cup plain Greek yogurt- Use Dannon Light & Fit (80 calories)
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder - Quest Vanilla Protein (each scoop is 28g- you might even get away with a little less in each scoop but each scoop is 100 calories --> (200 calories)
    1/4 cup (28 grams) Bob's Organic Kamut Flour (110 calories)
    1 TBSP PB2 Peanut Butter (25 calories)
    1 serving - 15g Lily's No Sugar Added chocolate chips (55 calories/ 3g Impact Carbs)

If the above recipe makes 2 servings then 1/2 of the above total calories would be: 235 calories per serving or 470 for the entire amount made)

*Enjoy*