Can anybody plz suggest a good pre workout?

20 yr old female who has been taking pre workout for about 8 months now and has a pretty high caffeine tolerance. I'm currently taking "total war" pre workout but I don't feel like it gives me that "adrenaline" feel. Can somebody recommend something good? Before total war I was taking adrenaline for her by black market.. anything similar or better?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    In for "banana and black coffee""

I think Mesomorph is pretty strong.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Minus banana for me.... If anything. I use mental drive and just make myself do it.
  • bbell1985

Minus banana for me.... If anything. I use mental drive and just make myself do it.

Well good for you!

lol

I don't know why that answer bothers me so much when people ask for a pre-workout suggestion. I could drink a cup of coffee before bed and fall right asleep. And I don't have the mental drive sometimes.
  • bbell1985
    I also just really like pwo
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    for me...

Coffee

shaken; not stirred.
  • bbell1985
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    for me...

Coffee

shaken; not stirred.

No *kitten* banana tho?
  • Kale_yeah
    Kale_yeah Posts: 3 Member
    My husband just started using Do Vitamins' PurePump and loves it. It's a flavourless preworkout without all the extra fillers, so you can mix it in with any flavoured drink / smoothie. It's got 200mg caffeine per serving and also has you covered for creatine, beta alanine, and other helpful ingredients.
  • nextstopswoleville
    nextstopswoleville Posts: 15 Member
    I use ION V2x Performix. What I like about it is the multiphase release, so you don't just feel it at the beginning of your w.o., but all the way through it. Also, it contains a whopping 320mg of caffeine anhydrous in one scoop, but don't let that scare you, the delivery is smooth and balanced. There's a nice 2:1 ratio of L-Citrulline malate for a long lasting pump, too. It's a little pricey, but imo worth it. Hope that helps.
  • MassarDv
    MassarDv Posts: 76 Member
    Bpi's Watermelon Bcaa .
    You can feel the energy and the recovery . The best product I have used so far. Just incredible
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Some ice water and a little stretching.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Red white and boom is pretty good!
  • willfalconxp
    willfalconxp Posts: 329 Member
    edited July 2017
    Your intolerance to caffeine is probably due to your reliance on suppliments. As others have stated a combination of healthy carbs and caffeine, such as black coffee and/or a banana should be enough.

TBH you're way to young to be relying on suppliments to get your pre-workout (or post workout) fix. Personally.. I go for a small bowl of Greek yogurt, teaspoon of freshly ground coffee and a squeeze of honey - and a drink of 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water.
    Works every time.

Good luck with whatever advice works for you.
    Cheers,
    Will
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member

Me 99%.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    I like C4
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    may be time to stop caffeine for a while. When I am not on caffeine, I take energy vitamin like Berocca and some BCAA
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Your intolerance to caffeine is probably due to your reliance on suppliments. As others have stated a combination of healthy carbs and caffeine, such as black coffee and/or a banana should be enough.

TBH you're way to young to be relying on suppliments to get your pre-workout (or post workout) fix. Personally.. I go for a small bowl of Greek yogurt, teaspoon of freshly ground coffee and a squeeze of honey - and a drink of 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water.
    Works every time.

Good luck with whatever advice works for you.
    Cheers,
    Will

why the ACV?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Protein shake and jelly beans are my preworkout if I am having a tough day.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    I work out early in the morning so what I do is about an hour before I hit the gym, I eat a small meal with protein and carbs. About half an hour before I work out, I start drinking a serving of Essential Amino Energy. I really like this as it helps fuel my workout, but I don't get a bad crash. It seems to give me a good push through most of the day. However, I do take days off of it. My trainer approves of the stuff, but he wants me to take time off of it periodically and so I do and don't seem to have a problem with getting used to it. Things work differently for different people, but I wish you the best!!
  • willfalconxp
    willfalconxp Posts: 329 Member
    Hey @ChalieBeansmomTracy
    The ACV might be a placebo thing more than anything else. But aside from being good for your gut health and muscle recovery, it's also - according to a BBC doco I watched a few years back - meant to be good for giving you extra energy. The doco was on gladiators and apparently just before a fight they consumed a drink made up of plant ash and viniger that's not to dissimilar to ACV.
    Agian it may just be a matter of placebo effect (although you could argue the same for coffee). But it also makes sense given that it's made from apples which are healthy carbs.

Anyway placebo or legit it's worked for me since so I'm sticking to it.

Cheers,
    Will