Not seeing results

I've been working out for a month now. The scale says I've lost 5lbs but my measurements are the same and clothes still fit the same. I keep calories at 1200-1500. Is it suppose to take this long to see results?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    5 pounds can be a lot for some and not so much for others. What is your starting weight?
  • mallycat1013
    mallycat1013 Posts: 27 Member
    Starting weight was 165.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    So you're not especially heavy and you've lost just over a pound a week? That's totally normal progress. If you'd like to see your results accelerate a bit, you might want to look at your food logging and tracking and ensure you're being very accurate with your intake (weighing all solids and measuring all liquids including beverages, cooking oils, etc.)

A pound a week is absolutely "results", though. Keep going.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    I started at 166lbs and saw the first results about 10lbs later. I took progress pics so it was easy to see.
  • pfbuckeye83
    pfbuckeye83 Posts: 17 Member
    I lost 2 pounds and then gained them right back! I'm 5'8 and started at 161, lost 2 and am back to 161. I stay within calorie range suggested even though I never eat as much as they say I should. I exercise everyday now and still can't lose weight! I'm about ready to throw in the towel!!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Don't lose heart! You are making progress. I've lost 12 pounds and am just now seeing a difference in my waist and hip measurements, and a very slight loosening of my jeans. I saw no changes after losing 5 pounds.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    I've been working out for a month now. The scale says I've lost 5lbs but my measurements are the same and clothes still fit the same. I keep calories at 1200-1500. Is it suppose to take this long to see results?

You ARE seeing results. You've lost 5 pounds, which is great. We don't get to choose where the weight comes off first. Since you're not seeing changes in measurements yet, I would imagine the fat is coming off your internal organs. Now that is progress! Keep it up!
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Those results sound absolutely normal. :|
    How tall are you?