Your July 2017 Goals

tlblanksfit
tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
It is a new month, the first day of the second half of 2017. Let's all make the second half better than the first. My July goals include:

Getting trending weight to 158 pounds/Scale Weight 155 pounds
Getting 7-8 hours sleep each night
Drinking more water
Adding additional exercise

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    My shedding the pounds goal is: 4-6 pounds.

My mental goals: "KISS" and don't get caught up in calories. I've lost pounds not counting calories or weighing and measuring throughout this journey.

More of my mental goals: Stop being obsessed with reading all the scientific data links regarding food from FB and MFP. Treat it like political diatribe and ignore and just focus on what you're doing and happiness in your own life.

Most important mental goal for: 6-7 hours of sleep, woman! This four hours a night of sleep bull crap is exhausting!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I am with you on the sleep thing. I know it helps with the losses, I just have to get it into my head and go to sleep for Pete's sake. Going to bed at midnight and getting up at 4:30 is not going to cut it anymore.
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    I am with you on the sleep thing. I know it helps with the losses, I just have to get it into my head and go to sleep for Pete's sake. Going to bed at midnight and getting up at 4:30 is not going to cut it anymore.

Aww, Tracey, you poor woman! Your right it helps with losses, not to mention it causes stress which causes rising cortisol levels which ends up as clinging to visceral fat! I hate insomnia. Every time I think I have it conquered, it rears its ugly head again. I feel sorry for anyone who deals with it. I honestly don't know very many women who don't have it. Always some kind of hormonal crap we deal with whether in the menstrual years or not. lol but :(
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    My July goals:
    Yoga 5 days a week
    Exchange cold green tea for second cup of cold brew coffee
    Spend an hour in the garden every day just puttering around.
    Lose 20 lbs - just kidding - 4 lbs would be great.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

Aww, Tracey, you poor woman! Your right it helps with losses, not to mention it causes stress which causes rising cortisol levels which ends up as clinging to visceral fat! I hate insomnia. Every time I think I have it conquered, it rears its ugly head again. I feel sorry for anyone who deals with it. I honestly don't know very many women who don't have it. Always some kind of hormonal crap we deal with whether in the menstrual years or not. lol but :(

I utilize apps on my iPhone and my FitBit to remind me when it's time to wind down for bed. That helps me.
    Also, if you have the inclination and access, medicinal cannabis oil is fantastic for sleep and any female hormone issues (no, you don't get the munchies!)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Thanks Tracey for starting this thread.
    My July goals:
    1. Lose 4 to 6 kg/8 to 13 lbs. Could be tough to get there but I want to challenge myself
    2. HIIT on at least 4 days a week
    3. Water intake of at least 3 litres a day
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    1. Lose 4-lbs
    2. Run under 29-min for 5k
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Hi. My July goals include:

1. Lose 4 (or more) pounds.
    2. Stay within 1300-1500 calories daily.
    3. Intermittent fast 6 days, omad 1 day per week (usually Fridays)
    4. Begin thinking about a fasting schedule that will work during the school year. (I am a teacher)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    edited July 2017
    July goals:
    Lose 8 pounds/get into the 170s (my trend weight says this is right where I should end up, yay!)
    Get my weekends a little more regimented
    Kick a** at work (more of a personal goal lol.... Its a big transition Mon for me at work)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    More of my mental goals: Stop being obsessed with reading all the scientific data links regarding food from FB and MFP. Treat it like political diatribe and ignore and just focus on what you're doing and happiness in your own life.

I love this... I do think that people get way too caught up in little tiny details and are always trying to find the magic bullet (me included, of course!).

Maybe it's just me, but every single time I've actually been honest with myself about how much I'm eating and cut that down to an amount that will cause weight loss, I've, surprise surprise, lost weight!

I do think there are foods that don't really do our bodies any good, but I also think those foods are pretty obvious, just as those foods that are good for our bodies are pretty obvious. If one has zero common sense, then it's probably more of an issue! :D

KISS is most definitely the way to go - hence the simplicity of OMAD!

Anyway, my June goals didn't really happen. So I've just gone one super simple goal:

1. 12,000 steps at least 5 days a week

There are no excuses for me not doing this - I have a treadmill desk for f's sake! And who cares if it's raining outside anyway, I'm not gonna MELT...

• barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Uh... I play it low profile here...goals to keep at OMAD no matter what...
    increase physical movement.
    Smile, breathe and be happy!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Your funny @minigrrll !!!! we ain´t gonna melt!!!! LOL!...
  • wsandy8512
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but every single time I've actually been honest with myself about how much I'm eating and cut that down to an amount that will cause weight loss, I've, surprise surprise, lost weight!

I do think there are foods that don't really do our bodies any good, but I also think those foods are pretty obvious, just as those foods that are good for our bodies are pretty obvious. If one has zero common sense, then it's probably more of an issue! :D

KISS is most definitely the way to go - hence the simplicity of OMAD!

Anyway, my June goals didn't really happen. So I've just gone one super simple goal:

1. 12,000 steps at least 5 days a week

There are no excuses for me not doing this - I have a treadmill desk for f's sake! And who cares if it's raining outside anyway, I'm not gonna MELT...

And I love what you've said and it most certainly is not you! I have gained a little this week and I already know why, it's time to refocus! Best to nip these things in the bud while losing weight to practice the lifelong habit of taking care of it after goal. Not taking care of problems right away is how I got so obese in the first play--like I was in denial, despite having to run out and buy bigger clothes, of my weight gains. No more, I say, no more! lol

Yes ma'am, as long as it's not a lightening storm, you won't melt in the rain. lol I enjoyed a walk in the park the other day when it was raining, it was actually pretty calming :-)

Best to you on your July goal!
  • minigrrll
    I'm actually at 11903 steps right now - and I didn't go out for a walk - because I waited all day for a stupid courier to deliver my new laptop (grrrr - the couriers usually show up around 10am - this one came at 5pm) and then it was too late to go for a walk in the park. But... At least I walked a ton on the treadmill this morning - the dogs aren't overly pleased with the situation though. HA.

Anyway, will got my last 100 in before bed, so I guess I just pulled this one off!! :)

I'm terrible with the whole denial thing - the majority of my clothes (because I work from home) is stretchy workout gear - so I tend not to notice that things aren't fitting properly. It's so odd!

Good on you for realising what's going on and changing course!
  • blambo61
    I'm actually at 11903 steps right now - and I didn't go out for a walk - because I waited all day for a stupid courier to deliver my new laptop (grrrr - the couriers usually show up around 10am - this one came at 5pm) and then it was too late to go for a walk in the park. But... At least I walked a ton on the treadmill this morning - the dogs aren't overly pleased with the situation though. HA.

Anyway, will got my last 100 in before bed, so I guess I just pulled this one off!! :)

I'm terrible with the whole denial thing - the majority of my clothes (because I work from home) is stretchy workout gear - so I tend not to notice that things aren't fitting properly. It's so odd!

Good on you for realising what's going on and changing course!

Way to go on the steps! That's a lot of steps.
  • blambo61
    edited July 2017
    Made my July goal of going under 29:00 for a 5k run this morning. Ran a 28:14 (9:06-min/mile pace) at a local 4th of July celebration 5k. Was happy with that since was just trying to go under 29:00. It had some long hills to it also. Next goal then is to break 28:00. Have a good one all!

Weight goal is another story. I took Friday and Monday off of work and have been indulging some over this holiday. Will be good for me to get back to work tomorrow where things are more structured.
  • minigrrll
    Well, that didn't take long into July to achieve! Awesome job on the run...
  • blambo61
    Well, that didn't take long into July to achieve! Awesome job on the run...

Thanks! I didn't think I would go that fast (still slow by normal standards but fast for me).
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I'm late posting my goals! I have 3 main ones.
    I want to start toning by doing circuit training at the gym 3 times/week. I just finished day two.
    I want to lose 13lbs. Doing so will put me at an even 100lbs lost!
    I want to cut out all refined sugar, I've done this! As of yesterday I even stopped putting sugar in my coffee!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    shans34 wrote: »
    I'm late posting my goals! I have 3 main ones.
    I want to start toning by doing circuit training at the gym 3 times/week. I just finished day two.
    I want to lose 13lbs. Doing so will put me at an even 100lbs lost!
    I want to cut out all refined sugar, I've done this! As of yesterday I even stopped putting sugar in my coffee!

100 pounds lost would be HUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Good luck to ya babe! You've got this!