What's your current food obsession?

lporter229
lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
I tend to go through phases where I get really into a certain food and eat it every day for a period of time. Does anyone else do this too? What are your currently into?

Currently, I have been addicted to homemade chimichurri sauce. I have been putting it on all of my grilled foods, particularly grilled vegetables. Also eating a ton of Medjool dates. I have been using them as my afternoon sweet fix in place of my square of dark chocolate. They are so sweet and tasty!

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Fresh dark cherries and strawberries. I keep buying tons of them. I love summer fruit!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Cucumbers!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Fresh peas with an edible pod. I chop them up, cook them in a bit of sesame oil, and top with sriracha sauce. I get them at the farmer's market and eat them all summer long.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Fresh peas with an edible pod. I chop them up, cook them in a bit of sesame oil, and top with sriracha sauce. I get them at the farmer's market and eat them all summer long.

I am so going to do this. Sounds amazing!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »

I am so going to do this. Sounds amazing!

I love it -- I cook them for about ten minutes, it's the perfect level of doneness for me.
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    A Milky Way bar with a cup of coffee.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Carne Asada street tacos...not everyday, but I've been making them about once per week. Also, something about summer makes me want to grill burgers...
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Avocado sandwich
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    toxikon wrote: »
    Fresh dark cherries and strawberries. I keep buying tons of them. I love summer fruit!

same here! everyday for the past two weeks! oh and watermelon
  • dreamer182
    dreamer182 Posts: 43 Member
    hummus!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Cottage Cheese.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Roasted Brussels sprouts....I just can't get enough of them and my steel cut oats every morning!!
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Any veggies dipped in Philadelphia Whipped BOLD Creamy Sriracha
    (heaven!!)
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2017
    For quite some time, I've been addicted to this homemade granola bar recipe I discovered. It probably goes beyond obsession at this point.. But, it's too good to resist!
  • M0nay07
    M0nay07 Posts: 30 Member
    Protien lovers vegetarian burrito
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Applewood bacon cheddar Hot Pockets with pretzel bread. The best use of calories ever for me at present.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I do the same thing where I eat the same thing every day for months until I get sick of it. Currently it is turkey sandwiches on trader jo wheat hamburger buns and bachman pretzels
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Sriracha sauce. I've been putting it on everything lately.
  • bonnielee708
    bonnielee708 Posts: 65 Member
    Fish and chips with vinegar at Pajo's at the mouth of the Fraser in Steveston (where they film Once Upon a Time).
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    I do that frequently. Partially as a by-product of cooking for one, but partially because I'll just have a taste for something that lasts for a while.

Lately, I've been having a salad of mixed greens, smoked fish or sardines, goat cheese, blackberries and candied pecans with ginger/honey white balsamic for lunch. I'll likely keep eating it as long as I look forward to it since it hits a number of nutrition points where I tend to be low if I'm not careful.

Smoked salmon & capers is another one where I'll get on a kick. There I have the additional incentive of needing to finish the package before it spoils in a couple of days.