Opinions?

What's y'alls opinion on waist training corsets? Waste of time or do you believe they work?

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Waste
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    The restriction of the organs -- which could cause poor digestion, poor breathing and poor function otherwise while wearing a tightly laced corset -- was a cause for concern for some doctors.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/vintage-x-rays-reveal-the-hidden-effects-of-corsets/
    Go to the site - great x-ray pictures
    Your diaphragm, colon, liver stomach, and small intestines can all be shifted around inside your body after wearing one for too long. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/11/05/waist-whittlers-dangers/75225022/
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't use them to train my waist, I use them to remind me of my posture. However I am an xray tech and I slept in one and xrayed myself the next day and it actually temporarily straightened up my scoliosis. It's all temporary though, if you don't have a curvy waist training is not gonna make you have one on your own. But it can be used for other things, hard to stuff your face with one on ;) and it's hard to slouch, so it has it's uses. I would also like to say the one I have is not severe and doesn't restrict my breathing or push my organs around much.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Waste
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Great for cosplay.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    They make people look like a toothpaste tube squeezed in the middle. :laugh:
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    waste of time (ha ha, the pun! sorry) They are basically corsets which can be insanely harmful. Don't take medical advise from people like the Kardashian idiots.
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    As @emmydoodles83 alluded to, some people have legitimate health reasons that cause them to wear a corset daily, mostly related to spine and hip issues as corsets are not very different from back braces. A properly laced corset should not cause health issues. Waist training with an over-tightened corset may cause problems, although it is pretty difficult to over-tighten a corset by yourself. There are many examples of people who have waist-trained for years or even decades in order to see results; it is not a quick solution. Remember, organs get significantly rearranged with typically minor side affects when a woman is pregnant.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Waste of time, waste of money.