Can we talk about UA's new $100 pajamas, please?

rainbowbow
rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
I'd like to have a discussion about Under Armour's new "Active Recovery Sleepwear" which uses "infrared technology" to "helps your body recover faster, promote better sleep, reduce inflammation & regulate cell metabolism".

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/womens/tb-12-recovery-sleepwear/g/3c39q?iid=hero

At the hefty price of a hundred bucks per piece (just tops or just bottoms) i'm scratching my head on how this technology is supposed to work, why it's so dang expensive if it doesn't, and what this means for further garments using this technology.

Discuss. Share thoughts. Would you buy them?

p.s. i hope this isn't an issue since MFP is now owned and operated by UA, but i gotta call it like it is.

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Um, I definitely would not buy them, i'm pretty sure I have almost the exact same pair of pants from target $6.99.

I cant imagine anyone spending that much money on a pair of pajamas that are IMO not even cute.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    IF this technology actually works, I'm curious as to how it works in shorts and tank top form...I feel like for full body "recovery", you'd need a onesie (who knows how much it would cost!). I'll stick with my Soffee shorts and Walmart tank tops.

I would be in for a magic recovery onesie. :D

I'm generally too cheap to buy regular UA though, let alone this.
    I'm glad I saw this thread actually, because I had a pop up about an article on this yesterday, but no link to the product and nothing about it being UA (I should have assumed though). I was like cool but what is it..?!
    I remain skeptical. And I think it would be hot.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Is this in regards to the 'article' labeled 'Sleep like an Athlete for a month'?! Laughable. This is an advertisement, NOT an article. Scroll down past the article and read the comments - pretty funny.
  • SilverQuill24854
    SilverQuill24854 Posts: 4 Member
    Shady. They should have called it a promoted post atleast.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    becky10rp wrote: »
    Is this in regards to the 'article' labeled 'Sleep like an Athlete for a month'?! Laughable. This is an advertisement, NOT an article. Scroll down past the article and read the comments - pretty funny.
    Shady. They should have called it a promoted post atleast.

True, "article" really isn't the right word lol.
    But I didn't see ANYTHING about what it was/where to get it. Pretty poor advertisement.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Looks like woo, but it's way cheaper than a good set of PJS so whatever.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I looked this stuff up. TB12 technology seems to mean nothing more concrete than that Tom Brady put his name on it. "Far Infared" reflecting ceramics woven into cloth are a real thing, but there has been a single study, not replicated, which found it might potentially do something for muscle soreness, based on observations of amphibian tissue. Basically all it is, is heat. It's pretty silly but if you worship at the altar of Tom Brady, it could be worth it to say he endorses your high-tech pjs.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    In case anyone is interested, here's the link: https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/womens/tb-12-recovery-sleepwear/g/3c39q?iid=hero You'd have to hold a gun to my head to make me buy these....LOL
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    I see in that ad Tom Brady and Misty Copeland.

I'll only buy that if it actually comes with Misty as part of a package deal.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I see in that ad Tom Brady and Misty Copeland.

I'll only buy that if it actually comes with Misty as part of a package deal.

Yeah, if the PJs guarantee I'll either a) wake up next to Tom Brady, or b) wake up looking like Giselle, then I'll consider them.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Hubby's t-shirts work fine by me.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    edited July 2017
    UA=Overrated essentially though most brands have become ultra expensive. I went to Nike the other day, and the price for running shorts was $40, and the shorts were on sale
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    GTFOH
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    There's a similar technology being sold in sheets and mattresses. Similar sales pitch. Since it seems completely implausible to me, I'd have to see a properly executed study done that showed positive improvement.

Don't think I'll hold my breath.
  • MikiFloofyPanda
    MikiFloofyPanda Posts: 24 Member
    Not wasting my money on that. I have better things to do, like pay my bills and actually eat.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    There's a similar blanket - I saw it 2 days ago on Kickstarter. Would be neat if it actually worked, but... $$