Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Awesome Britt! You're doing great!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Mealtime: 1:08 - ? I wasn't paying attention today!
    Intake: vegetable fried rice, broccoli in garlic sauce, one blood orange, and three cookies
    Dessert calories: 180 for three Enjoy Life double chocolate brownie cookies

I had a bigger plate today and felt really full, but I think it's because more than half of my plate was broccoli. I didn't feel hungrier than normal despite being really active this morning, so I think I may just stick with my smaller plate for a while.
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, @mikseyniha!
  • brittdee88
    Cravings came early today, and I can't stop thinking about food! Probably because no work to distract me. I'm going to fill up my water cup again and do some reading.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Well done Britt! Positive juju sent your way on your path and getting through these first few weeks. :-)
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Looks you are off to a good start. Good luck!
  • brittdee88
    Thank you, @wsandy8512 and @ArizonaToast! I'm really struggling right now. I want to eat SO bad.
  • wsandy8512
    Maybe tomorrow, load up on some vegan/vegetarian proteins and fats. I find those help maintain satiety really well. :)
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    Hi Britt totaly the strugle is real but you can do this...
  • brittdee88
    edited July 2017
    Well, I failed :( I couldn't take the cravings anymore and ate.
    I guess the silver lining is that I am at least 95% sure they were hormone-related as TOM is coming in 2 days, and the foods I was craving are what I always crave during PMS. It happens every month so I should know better, but it really makes me so upset that I failed OMAD.
    I wonder if I need to allow myself a PMS pass. I hate making excuses and not being perfect with the rules, but I suffer horribly with numerous symptoms before and during TOM. I feel like maybe if I give myself some wiggle room, I am less likely to feel like a failure and go on a downward spiral. I think it might be best to set some restrictions on the pass, such as just having ONE extra one-plate meal if I need to on ONE PMS/TOM day per month. My PMS cravings are only usually unbearable on one day, and maybe I just need to allow myself that for now.
    Any thoughts, readers?
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2017
    This is my 3rd attemp after failing twice before.. all i can offer is we are human we mess up.. i would not meed to lose at least 60kg if everything was awsome... but ny not getting back and trying. What is two fails out of 100 days? Nothing worth remembering. I am trying to focus on 100 days as good as i can.. better than nothing at all.. hugs xoxo
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Well, I failed :( I couldn't take the cravings anymore and ate.
    I guess the silver lining is that I am at least 95% sure they were hormone-related as TOM is coming in 2 days, and the foods I was craving are what I always crave during PMS. It happens every month so I should know better, but it really makes me so upset that I failed OMAD.
    I wonder if I need to allow myself a PMS pass. I hate making excuses and not being perfect with the rules, but I suffer horribly with numerous symptoms before and during TOM. I feel like maybe if I give myself some wiggle room, I am less likely to feel like a failure and go on a downward spiral. I think it might be best to set some restrictions on the pass, such as just having ONE extra one-plate meal if I need to on ONE PMS/TOM day per month. My PMS cravings are only usually unbearable on one day, and maybe I just need to allow myself that for now.
    Any thoughts, readers?

Yes, my first thought is that you are being way too hard on yourself! You didn't "fail" anything. I don't have menstrual cycles anymore, but I remember them, I probably would've caved, too. Tomorrow is a new day! Do you what you feel is best for your body and what your body needs. I'm having to tailor away from my normal OMAD a bit now to make sure I can consume five servings or more, each, of fruits and vegetables. I cannot do that in one sitting. It's been hours since I ate a 600 cal plate of an orange, two pieces of Killer Dave's Organic Grains and Seed bread topped with cashew butter and a whole banana cut up, 4 egg white scramble with baby kale and opinions... and I'm still full. But, getting ready to have second plate for dinner now. 600 calories isn't enough for me, i need more. Only reason I'm off is because I need to figure out if I can do OMAD while trying to get cholesterol down in 8 weeks. Even if I can't, OMAD has been the best thing I've ever done for myself and forced me to really think about what's on my plate. However, right now my priority is to lower cholesterol and if that means breaking up meals to get all that I need in me, then that's what I'll do. ;)

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited July 2017
    Perfect is a bad word!! :) As we say at my work: "Perefect is the enemy of good". Because it is impossible!! It took me a full week before I could go all the way to my meal without having a snack before my time to eat! And I still don't always manage it. On those days I just tell myself that I'm having a longer eating window! You're doing great... (and I agree with everything Sandy said above!)
  • brittdee88
    Thanks so much for the support, @ruby_emrald @wsandy8512 @minigrrll! I was so ashamed and almost afraid to post. But this group has been one of the most welcoming and supportive I've ever encountered! It means so much. And you're definitely all right. I am trying so hard to break the perfectionist mindset.
    I think I am gonna do the once a month one meal pass as a replacement for one of the bimonthly splurge days. I really think that will work best for me.
    I hope I still meet my July goal after this.
  • wsandy8512
    You're welcome, @brittdee88! I forgot to say that I had a few later after my meal snacks during my first week as well, I posted about it as those times came. It gets better as time goes on, but you may have more times like it, regardless. Just focus on the next day. :)
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    hmmm vegan? very good, we need more of us so we can take over the keto people around here...barbarians at the gates! :#
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited July 2017
    The OMAD program does allow for one splurge day I believe it is every 2 weeks or so but they are not required. You can have a splurge day during your PMS time and still be on plan.
  • wsandy8512
    Yes, Britt, what Tracey said. I didn't even think about that. Lol
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Forgive yourself and try again until you figure out what works for you.

Nobody gets to the top of a mountain without falling on his face over and over again...
    Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team for lack of skill...
    Steven Spielberg (a high school drop out) was rejected from film school 3 times...
    Fred Smith wrote a paper while attending Yale about his idea for an overnight delivery service; he got a C. He went on to create Fed-Ex anyway!

Keep trying until you figure out what works for you.
  • brittdee88
    Thank you all! You're really the best. :)
    And Tracey, I will be doing exactly that! One of those splurge days will be the PMS pass. It might not come at the exact two-week mark, but I am making that modification for me and my needs.
    I feel so empowered here!