3rd time attempting...

ruby_emrald
ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
Hi All

This is my 3rd time attempting omad. Decided to stop all the excuses and really make an effort. But i would not be about double the weight I should be if not eating was an easy option for me. I know omad ia not starving myself why is this so hard ugh ugh..... please support me and lets see if 3rs time is a charm.

Ughhhhhh...

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You've got this...It doesn't matter which time this is, what matters is that it is. It is the beginning of your journey to success. Welcome back and we are here with you.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Some people have hard times starting and others sticking with it...I know myself...I start very well and fully comitted by the time I hit my 3 months doing any type of diet or lifestyle change I break down..So let´s see how I cope with this 3 month stuff..

What keeps me going for the first months and maybe this can help you is that I make a decision such as OMAD and I do not review the decision. its done!...done deal, no returning back to choosing any other option...

Next I will need to invent another solution for when my 3 month sabotaging mark kicks in! but that´s another story...

Best of lucks to you!!!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    You can totally do it!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Welcome back, Ruby, best to you this time around! :-)
  • ruby_emrald
    edited July 2017
    Thankyou to barbheart minigrrl and wsandy and tblanksfit.

It really helps to have this community and your support. Xoxoxo barbheart totaly understand the self undoing maybe rather than weight numbers or pictures use the money you would have spent on extra food or even half of it for 3 months...weekend away anyone?
  • ruby_emrald
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Ruby, you started one of OMAD's best threads ever http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10493491/show-us-your-meals-or-describe-them#latest

Don't despair. OMAD is hard. You know it, I know it. That's not talked about much in this group, but when you're having a hard time with it, PM me. I get it and I'm willing to have a fully honest conversation about it.

Thanks i will be posting there daily ;)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If you ever have a bad day, don't worry about it. I've had mine. Just get back at it the next day. I can gain 3-lbs in a splurge day but it is food weight and a couple of days back on OMAD and you will be back where you started. I see people who slip one day and react very negatively and think all is lost. If that happens, don't sweat it and just get back at it! You will succeed as long as you keep trying!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Welcome back Ruby! Its completely 'OK'. What matters more is that you are so courageous to come back and be ready to start over. We are glad to have you back and will be here to support you. We are all in this together. Lets make it happen!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome back, and you've got this! As the saying goes, it doesn't matter how many times you fall, it matters that you keep getting up! :)

Good luck and I'm excited to see your updates!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome back and best of luck to you :)
  • ruby_emrald
    Yay made it one eeek not every dat but more than not...i am not giving up!! 100 days till a fancy dress lets see how i go!!
  • ruby_emrald
    Will be weighing myself monday... not looking firward to it but it is onlu going to get better right?
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Will be weighing myself monday... not looking firward to it but it is onlu going to get better right?
    Yes, things will get better :)
  • ruby_emrald
    Sunday morrning... found a new plate set for omad... nom nom nom haha ordered 4 of them...
  • ruby_emrald
    100 days really trying to focus on this because 100 days will help with new habbits and new habbits will be a way of life... after failing twice before starting at 100 days seems resonable ans not scary enough for me to freak out... not yet anyway..
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I love the idea of breaking it down into 100-day chunks! Seems so much more manageable. Best of luck!