Women who have lost the last 10lbs?

motivatekait
motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
Heya guys!! I'm on the last (and most difficult) stretch of my journey. I'm trying to take my body to the next level and drop the last 10lbs to go from being 'fluffy' to being toned.

I'd love to hear success stories and see before/after pics from women who have been successful! If you could tell me how you did it and how long it took, I would be so appreciative!

Replies

• Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    I'm on the last 10, and it's a real mind *kitten*, I tell you.
  • lauramdx4
    lauramdx4 Posts: 33 Member
    I'm struggling with this too! It is taking me 4 months to lose 2 lbs. I have 13 more to go it's just not coming off!
  • jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    trjjoy wrote: »
    I stopped trying to lose the last 6kg (58 was my goal weight) in May of last year. I was just not in the right frame of mind. I discovered I was 6 weeks pregnant at the end of June so obviously put any diet goals to rest. I gained only the bare minimum of 12kg and it took me to 76kg.

I'm now 4 months post-partum and I'm 2.9kg away from my original goal weight thanks to breastfeeding.

I love this post. I'm less than 10 pounds from my goal weight and my husband and I have been talking about having another child. I'm all for it and excited when we finally decide to try but I'm a little scared to go back to where I was after having my first. I actually didn't gain a lot of weight post partum with him and I think that was because of breastfeeding, it was when I stopped breastfeeding but kept eating like I still was. Now having MFP though and being aware of what happened last time my hopes are it won't happen again. Anyway thanks for your post and inspiration!
  • motivatekait
    Thanks for the feedback guys!! Keep the info coming :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I am about 2-3lbs away from my current goal right now. I just want to lean down a little more and lower my bodyfat % for summer until I bulk again. (I recently bulked so just cutting from that).

My deficit is small (so progress is a bit slower), I keep my protein high and I work hard in the gym - 4 days full body strength training (with lower body focus), as well as yoga and some cardio on off days.

If your goal is to look more toned, then definitely want to incorporate strength training into your routine if not already. Patience and tracking your cals if you can for more accuracy, as those last few lbs can be difficult especially the leaner you get.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Originally, I lost the last 10lbs over the summer break. So, the only weight lifting was with my dumbbells at home with dvds like The Firm and 30 Day Shred. I also swam. From there, I needed to bulk a little and learned how to lift the big weights:) I'm up about 7 lbs from my lowest weight, but look better.
  • motivatekait
    i'm super-mellow about it because the last time i got down to my 'slender' weight at age 50, i didn't like how it looked all that much anyway. so my last 10 pounds are still vanity pounds, but i've sort of recalibrated my realism metre about what the 'vanity' part of that means.

i did some math at the start of the year when i started a new job that lets me bike commute again for three days, and makes me walk a few miles on the other two. it's peanuts-y type calories, but i did figure out that 100 calories a day is still enough to add up to 10 pounds (ish) by the end of the year and that was enough to make me take an interest again. i'm basically really entertained by the idea of completely nickel-and-diming my way back down to within a few give-or-take pounds of 125. i also find it entertaining to set totally arbitrary milestones like 'so, as a fringe benefit, by the time this contract's complete i'll be under 130 again'.

so really, i'm not doing much. just keeping a general sanity level around what i eat, and keeping a general eye on the scale. it helps that i'm actually serious and interested and motivated about my lifting, so i'm still eating with my focus very much on my progress with that. it's just that compared with that first year, i'm doing it this time with the idea of 'eat something that's good for you', instead of just 'eat pmuch whatever you like'.

i think the only significant tip i can offer from my experience is: if you're working, sherpa a whole day's supply of food in with you. whether you have access to other food or not. and then make a bit of a point of eating whatever you've brought BEFORE you go looking for something else. i never say Thou Shalt Not to myself. but by the time i've eaten two apples and a protein bar and my breakfast shake and the carrots, plus whatever reboot of last night's dinner that i grabbed this time, i just don't seem to have interest or room for much else.

i'd really say that the major discovery i made about myself this year was: no matter how MEH i think i am while i'm facing some frozen tupperware thing at 6:30 am, i have discovered that if i take it with me to work then i'll eat it. so a lot of food habits for me are about 'eat the lunch you're with', you know?

tl;dr: i guess basically: since the fat crept up on me in such a sneaky nickel-and-dime kind of way, i really enjoy the idea of doing exactly the same thing to get rid of it, in reverse.

Very interesting way of looking at it, and probably overall a much more effective approach than what I tend to do (which is go balls to the wall for a few months and then fall off the wagon for another few) :P

Thank you everyone for the feedback! I think the general consensus is to eat a smaller deficit, lift heavier weights, and be hella patient, from the sounds of it!
  • motivatekait
    edited July 2017
    Originally, I lost the last 10lbs over the summer break. So, the only weight lifting was with my dumbbells at home with dvds like The Firm and 30 Day Shred. I also swam. From there, I needed to bulk a little and learned how to lift the big weights:) I'm up about 7 lbs from my lowest weight, but look better.
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I am about 2-3lbs away from my current goal right now. I just want to lean down a little more and lower my bodyfat % for summer until I bulk again. (I recently bulked so just cutting from that).

My deficit is small (so progress is a bit slower), I keep my protein high and I work hard in the gym - 4 days full body strength training (with lower body focus), as well as yoga and some cardio on off days.

If your goal is to look more toned, then definitely want to incorporate strength training into your routine if not already. Patience and tracking your cals if you can for more accuracy, as those last few lbs can be difficult especially the leaner you get.

Thanks so much for the feedback! How often do you guys have untracked meals? I currently have one every 2 weeks just for sanity's sake, but I'm really curious to see what you guys do.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I don't track most of my meals right now. Sometimes I track a day or two, or a meal, but not consistently. I don't really have to since I have tracked in the past and have decent calorie/macro awareness. But this may not be the case for everyone.. clearly if I wasn't losing I would definitely start!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I don't usually track any meals
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    I'm on the last 5 pounds.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    edited July 2017
    When I go from being fluffy to defined, it's usually about a 5 lb difference BUT I do have a decent amount of muscle and even when I'm fluffy, my body fat percentage is not too high. For me, losing 5 lbs is tedious and painful but it can make all the difference.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    When I go from being fluffy to defined, it's usually about a 5 lb difference BUT I do have a decent amount of muscle and even when I'm fluffy, my body fat percentage is not too high. For me, losing 5 lbs is tedious and painful but it can make all the difference.

Good to know! I'm almost there
  • Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm 5ft 1. I was 110lbs beginning of June.
    I lost 12lbs in 6 weeks and got down to 98lbs. This was on OMAD for most days and no exercise.

I was eating about 1200-1600 calories late in the evenings.

I have now reached my target weight however I am now "skinny fat", so will be looking at body recomposition now.
  • motivatekait
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Great, thanks! Is there anything specific you need to change or amp up in order to get rid of that fluff or is it just a matter of doing what you normally do but more consistently?
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    (which is go balls to the wall for a few months and then fall off the wagon for another few) :P

:D yeah, that's pretty much what i did that first year, where i did get way down to the low 120's. and then as i say, i found that the losing had been more fun than the being there, so i went 'meh' after a couple of weeks or months there, and adjusted my dials.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!