A stone in 5 weeks?!

Options
I need to lose a stone in 5 weeks.
I had my fourth baby in February. I have lost a total of 17 lbs so far... it's been slow and steady. However... I am bridesmaid at my sisters wedding in august and the dress will look awful on me at my current weight. I'm usually slim and toned but after having a baby and putting 3 stone on I look and feel huge. It's taking me longer to lose the weight this time round. The past few weeks I've fallen off the bandwagon... personal issues have caused me to stop going to the gym and not log my calories. I've binged several times.
I'm determined to make a fresh start Monday and get as much weight off as possible.
Is it reasonable to aim for 3 lbs a week? Help

Replies

• Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,209 Member
    Options
    buy a corset to pull you in, they are wonderful to pull in those last few lbs

if you are close to goal then that will take away the tummy bulge (baby weight) just fine.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in 7 days, but that was removing water weight and carb bloat from a week off my usual low carb routine. 14 days on strict regime should give you a measure of what's possible, but if there's a baby to breastfeed that may not be feasible.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You have alot on your plate already, set a reasonable goal, maybe 1lb per week, and look into some nice shapewear for under the dress. There is no point driving yourself crazy trying to reach an unrealistic goal. Enjoy your baby, enjoy your sisters wedding, and have fun.
  • RhiAndy11
    RhiAndy11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    no or very low carbs is probably your best option here. just short term to fit in the bridesmaid dress. not the healthiest option but we have all been there. good luck x
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Shape wear is going to be your friend. Just try and lose the weight the best you can and have a trip to debenhams for some underwear that pulls you in you can get underwear that go from just below your bra to the knees if needed. A full stone in 5 weeks is going to be unrealistic, at most you may manage 10lbs but this may not be sustainable with a new baby.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Wear a dress that suits your shape and you will look fab
    Do what you can each week but a stone in that time frame sounds too much
    Good luck and enjoy the wedding
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    wolfe1234 wrote: »

As a bridesmaid she probably doesn't have any say in what dress she is going to wear.

Her sister should understand how she feels and work with her. Not everyone has to wear the same cut do they
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

As a bridesmaid she probably doesn't have any say in what dress she is going to wear.

Her sister should understand how she feels and work with her. Not everyone has to wear the same cut do they

Well no but sounds like the dress is a done deal. It'd be bad taste to ask at this stage for a different dress, in my opinion.

OP, just do your best and buy some Spanx. In 20 years you'll look back at the photos and remember that your sister's wedding was awesome and that you'd just had the blessing of a baby and that's how it was right then.
  • Therealobi1
    Options

Well no but sounds like the dress is a done deal. It'd be bad taste to ask at this stage for a different dress, in my opinion.

OP, just do your best and buy some Spanx. In 20 years you'll look back at the photos and remember that your sister's wedding was awesome and that you'd just had the blessing of a baby and that's how it was right then.

Your probably right. I dont have a sister so didnt know how sensitive they can be

Anyway op. Spanx it is and see how much you can lose in that time safely
    Enjoy the wedding
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

Your probably right. I dont have a sister so didnt know how sensitive they can be

Enjoy the wedding

At the risk of hijacking, although I think it's pertinent. It's actually kind of a diet-life learning moment, when to let go of the anxiety in order to be a human being. Fussing over the dress might create logistical issues but also possibly emotional ones, as a wedding should be about the bride and groom. I'm not insinuating that OP has gone overboard - don't even know if she's mentioned this to her sister. I'm just musing aloud as I was bridesmaid to my sister last month and it's fresh in my head
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    3lbs a week is unhealthy and unrealistic. Even 1 lb a week so close to goal might be a high amount. 0.5 is more real.
    A good seamstress can do wonders. Get there to a tailor or seamstress and I bet the dress will look lovely. Also spanxs are fantastic
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jellytot3 wrote: »
    I need to lose a stone in 5 weeks.
    I had my fourth baby in February. I have lost a total of 17 lbs so far... it's been slow and steady. However... I am bridesmaid at my sisters wedding in august and the dress will look awful on me at my current weight. I'm usually slim and toned but after having a baby and putting 3 stone on I look and feel huge. It's taking me longer to lose the weight this time round. The past few weeks I've fallen off the bandwagon... personal issues have caused me to stop going to the gym and not log my calories. I've binged several times.
    I'm determined to make a fresh start Monday and get as much weight off as possible.
    Is it reasonable to aim for 3 lbs a week? Help

Not happening... control underwear is probably your best bet
  • Therealobi1
    Options

Enjoy the wedding

At the risk of hijacking, although I think it's pertinent. It's actually kind of a diet-life learning moment, when to let go of the anxiety in order to be a human being. Fussing over the dress might create logistical issues but also possibly emotional ones, as a wedding should be about the bride and groom. I'm not insinuating that OP has gone overboard - don't even know if she's mentioned this to her sister. I'm just musing aloud as I was bridesmaid to my sister last month and it's fresh in my head

Spanx it is then?
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If it took you 5 months to lose 17 lbs why in the world do you think you could lose almost the same amount in 5 WEEKS!