Cheated...

Had a bad day and cheated all day yesterday. Didn't even log because I knew it was bad. I suppose I tend to eat when I'm upset. I've started logging again today but did I lose all my progress?

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    No, you didn't lose your progress. As long as you get right back on track tomorrow, you're fine.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Had a bad day and cheated all day yesterday. Didn't even log because I knew it was bad. I suppose I tend to eat when I'm upset. I've started logging again today but did I lose all my progress?

As long as you get back on the wagon right away all is not lost. It's when one bad day becomes two, then a week then forever that we lose all progress
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Cheated on who... your partner? Or at cards? Or on your homework?

Im guessing you mean that you ate more than you planned... in which case go back to your plan today and don't get all melodramatic about it.

I doubt you've "lost all your progress", but even if you have, there's nothing you can do about it.
    I suggest you just move on and instead of wasting energy worrying about something that can't be changed, put that energy towards thinking about strategies to deal with this situation next time.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Log it as best as you can and you'll see that you undid very little, if anything.
  • Mommyof2loverof1
    Mommyof2loverof1 Posts: 2 Member
    I went to Disney over the weekend and I knew I was going to be eating unhealthy. I still logged everything. Whenever I fall off, I still log. It's a journey. I would go back and log as best I could. It gives you a chance to learn. Log, learn, and move on.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Got to log it... or you won't know how much damage you did (and logging could have helped you stop instead of eating more too).

And yeah, you can easily undo a week of diet in one bad day.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited July 2017
    Ditto what others have said. Your body logged it even if you didn't, get back on track with your next meal and don't stress over it if possible. I know it makes you feel bad when you have a bad day but as long as you don't have a string of bad days over and over again then I'm sure it's fine and of course that depends on how much you did eat and how much it might have messed up your efforts in the days prior. Just keep going!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Log everything honestly, learn from it, and move on. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member

Afterthought, re: The bolded:

Having realized that, it's time to find a new habit that helps you feel better when upset, that isn't eating.

Some examples that work for others:
    • Brisk walk or other exercise
    • Warm bubble bath or other self-pampering
    • Stretching or yoga (try YouTube if you don't know how; learn how before you need it)
    • Slow, deep breathing or simple non-religious meditation (http://www.relaxationresponse.org/steps/)
    • If religious, prayer
    • Going outside for fresh air and immersion in nature

Try these or other things until you find something that works for you.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Afterthought, re: The bolded:

Having realized that, it's time to find a new habit that helps you feel better when upset, that isn't eating.

Some examples that work for others:
    • Brisk walk or other exercise
    • Warm bubble bath or other self-pampering
    • Stretching or yoga (try YouTube if you don't know how; learn how before you need it)
    • Slow, deep breathing or simple non-religious meditation (http://www.relaxationresponse.org/steps/)
    • If religious, prayer
    • Going outside for fresh air and immersion in nature

Try these or other things until you find something that works for you.

Along with all of these suggestions - a cup of coffee or tea can be a really great way to relax and calm the mind. It's not as much of an issue for me in the warm months - I prefer to walk outside - but, in the winter, sitting down with a cup of half caf coffee or a cup of tea can be incredibly soothing. If I feel munchy, air-popped corn is a great low cal snack.

~Lyssa