I did it for the cosplay - 2 years on

UmmSqueaky
UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
Previously on the adventures of UmmSqueaky:

So here we are more than 2 and a half years after hitting the goal weight. Dating and drinking have thrown off my careful balance of exercise and food and a bit of weight is creeping back on. But I'm aware and am not going to let it sliiiiiide all the way back to 200 lbs. In the last few years I've done a triathlon, run a 10k, hiked a glacier and the costumes, oh the costumes.

I worked a ton of overtime earlier this year, so for CONvergence last weekend here in Minnesota, I commissioned an amazing costume based on art by NoFlutter and crafted by KMKDesigns. It definitely deserves it's own professional photoshoot. And I'll be wearing it from here until eternity. Or for as long as my ribs can manage to put up with a corset. It's a miracle I didn't pass out.

2qiy3xg.jpg

Aaaaand, I've finally found someone to do my dream costume with me - from one of my favorite movies of all time (second only to the Empire Strikes Back) - Princess Buttercup and the Dread Pirate Roberts <3

n5ljer.jpg

Replies

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Basically the best reason ever to lose weight.

Oh man, when I hit goal weight my costumes will be epic.

You look fabulous!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Read the previous posts, too - amazing YOU!! =>
  • ValkyrieOnline
    ValkyrieOnline Posts: 160 Member
    This is amazing! I want to dress up as classic Harley Quinn one day, I loved that one of your reasons to do it was for cosplay! You look great :smiley:
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Great acheivement Takes a lot of guts to get to do a Leia costume and you are doing it well
    Do you make your own costumes?
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    I heart this so much! This is my dream, to lose weight enough to cosplay awesomely.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    cool outfits you look amazing. congrats
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    UmmSqueaky wrote: »
    Basically the best reason ever to lose weight.

Oh man, when I hit goal weight my costumes will be epic.

You look fabulous!

Do it now and along the way - they make great before and after pictures!

21eqdfk.jpg

ARE YOU ALFIE!!?? In the top one? From supernatural!? So neat!
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    So awesome!! I love that you have kept it off (for the most part) and are still here to tell us! Congrats. And Princess Bride is my all time favorite movie!!! As you wish.
  • UmmSqueaky
    Thanks all. I don't have the time or the talent to make such fabulous costumes so I commission them from very talented fabulous local costumers here in the Twin Cities.

Just found another picture floating around FB today.

11t936h.jpg
  • UmmSqueaky
    Relser wrote: »

ARE YOU ALFIE!!?? In the top one? From supernatural!? So neat!

Yes! I was Charlie on Thursday of CON this year but took no pictures.

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Simply outstanding!!!

Definitely need to find a pro and do a photoshoot.
  • Seattleovercast
    Seattleovercast Posts: 23 Member
    I love this! I'm hoping this will be what my "after goal weight" life looks like!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I love it!! Especially the Princess Bride one. That's awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!