Has anyone got to their goal or close to it without plateuing?

2»

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    No plateaus here, but I have learned that my body does not drop weight consistently every week. I will see exactly the same number on the scale for 2-3 weeks and then "whoosh!" It all catches up.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Just goes to show...... "the only thing I'm certain of is my own ignorance"
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    As a woman I have had the odd week when I haven't lost ( guess what was to blame) but I've lost 44lbs since Jan, I'm 8lbs to goal weight of 140lbs and no plateau here
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Nope the only time I don't loose is when I quit logging or am not honest about my logging. Down 71lbs as of today
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    I lost 60 pounds in just less than a year (while hypothyroid, at age 59-60) without a genuine plateau. Overall, my daily weights made a jagged line of tiny up and down fluctuations, with an overall downward trend.

Sure, losses leveled off a bit around my 60th birthday/Thanksgiving (a week apart). That's not a plateau. That's because I ate and drank like a starving longshoreman, even though I'm a li'l ol' lady . . . just for fun. And it was worth it. ;)

Trick your body??!? <eye roll>
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    agree with @mpmangana on the rest part. Sometimes a few days of rest, good sleep and refueling your body is enough to get things rolling again.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Every person I've talk to who has lost a whole bunch of weight has plateued at one point. Wondering if its possible to never get stuck at a specific weight. Thanks for responses in advanced!

I lost all my weight without a single solitary plateau. :)

• Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Down 57 pounds since February. Nothing here really looks like a plateau. Yeah, I've had to retake a hill occasionally, when I went crazy off the rails, but when I'm on track the loss is pretty consistent. This graph is me weighing (almost) every day.
    a9oob3n0ks4i.png
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited July 2017
    I lost 145 lbs over 2 1/2 years and never had a plateau. Lost weight every single month.
  • gmstevens37
    gmstevens37 Posts: 30 Member
    I seemed to plateau at 173 7lbs in. Didn't lose for a month. Then I bought a food scale, and bingo I'm down 10 more pounds
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Every person I've talk to who has lost a whole bunch of weight has plateued at one point. Wondering if its possible to never get stuck at a specific weight. Thanks for responses in advanced!

I have lost 72 lb so far and have never plateaued. I HAVE stalled but it was never long enough to be called a plateau, or I was still losing inches even if the weight remained the same for a couple of weeks.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    I seemed to plateau at 173 7lbs in. Didn't lose for a month. Then I bought a food scale, and bingo I'm down 10 more pounds

There is very good lesson here.
  • Nmarine1996
    Nmarine1996 Posts: 166 Member
    I need to stop being cheap and buy a food scale!
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Plateaus happen when our bodies adapt to whatever you may be doing in this case its your diet, eventually something will have to change in order to continue dropping weight. hope that helps its a simple response to a complex subject.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

Only way to know for sure how much you are eating. Doesn't have to be expensive, you can get good ones for under $20 on Amazon.
  • Nmarine1996
    Nmarine1996 Posts: 166 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »

Only way to know for sure how much you are eating. Doesn't have to be expensive, you can get good ones for under $20 on Amazon.

Thanks!
  • Lights1993
    Lights1993 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    i used to be 256 and then got down to 150. my weight loss never stalled
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    I went from 268 to 126 lbs over 2.5 years. I never hit a plateau along the way, and I always lost consistently.

I weighed my food.
    Consistent logging (1232 day streak)
    Walked/jogged 30 minutes twice per day.
    Ate whatever I wanted within my calorie goals.

Just celebrated my first successful year of maintenance and I still do all these things everyday ;)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    It depends on what you mean by "plateau." Just about every time I cut (which I do really slowly, 0.5lb/wk), my loss levels around 7 weeks and holds for 2-3 weeks even though I'm doing everything the same. Then I get a 1.5lb whoosh (the day after shark week starts) which puts my loss right on target or slightly ahead of target.

I call it a whoosh rather than a plateau, but it's similar.