Breakfast?

I've noticed a trend in the past 40 days of eating and weight loss: Usually when I go through a week of eating breakfast, I'll end up losing that week. When I don't eat breakfast, I'll maintain. To the best of my knowledge my CICO have been roughly consistent throughout and my activity level as well.

Has anyone else noticed something like this? I never put much credit in the whole must-eat-breakfast thing but my body seems to like eating breakfast to lose weight.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    What time of day do you weigh yourself?
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Morning, after business-time.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I never eat breakfast and have lost 200lbs. Meal timing matters not at all. If eating breakfast makes you eat less the rest of the day then that is great...if not then don't eat it. If I eat breakfast I tend to become hungrier much quicker during the day so I don't eat breakfast.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    With the use of "usually" and "roughly", I'm going to suggest that this is correlation.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Do what works for you.

Assuming all other parameters are the same: eating breakfast or not will not affect weight loss.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Yes it may well be correlation. With only 40 days' sample, I'm not going to say it's a definite thing. Just curious if anyone had had anything similar they noticed.

I haven't noticed being hungrier or it affecting my eating the rest of the day either way. And I was pretty sure mealtimes didn't matter, so it's good to get a little validation. For a moment I was like, "Omg maybe there IS something breakfast that affects metabolism or something!"

I may be overthinking things now. Maybe I should divorce myself from the scale for a week or so.

Thanks!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    This is overthinking. If it works for you, ride it.