What's on your mind?

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I live in the south and I call it soda because I drink Pepsi and that definitely ain't coke. Grant it, I'm originally from NYC so there is that.

My favorite was when we were in Florida and they asked us what kind of coke we wanted, so we said coke. She said blandly, "we don't have coke."

Did they have RC?

No RC that I recall but she foisted some sweet tea on us

Cheerwine? (Not real wine but the "original cherry coke" )

ufe4o5q6fmob.jpg

Cheerwine floats from The CookOut.... :heart:
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    How can people be so easily offended? I wonder if it's just for show or if they really have no control over their own emotions.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Also I have a big bruise on my knee and don't have a clue where I got it
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    How can people be so easily offended? I wonder if it's just for show or if they really have no control over their own emotions.

Some people just like having something to complain about, like, all the *kitten* time!!!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    For three days every time I go to make coffee I think of poop because of another poster.

Damn.

Here, I can help.

Don't.

:)

Thank god for you, I never would've thought of just not thinking about it.

What would I do without you?

vpc1xsibajwq.gif
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Boo to fall. The scenery is so much better in the summer. Bright sun and hot gals in short shorts and sun dresses.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Here's what's on my mind.

Does anyone know of a way to stop my dog from killing practically everything? She has killed five squirrels. Now we bang on the windows and doors to warn the squirrels before we let her out, but she still managed to get another one last week. You'd think the squirrels would learn to stay out of our yard--we took down the bird feeder and got rid of it because it was attracting them, but they are still coming into the yard. She kills birds: she killed one this morning and the petsitter left us a note a couple weeks back that she killed one then. She kills mice..... She wanted to kill some rats but I chased them out of the yard before letting her out, but if they come back they might not be so lucky. She wants to kill a groundhog who lives in our neighbor's yard. We blocked up the hole he was using to get under our fence, but it turns out he can climb over too. We bang on the door to warn him to run.

I've read online and it says to stop your dog from killing squirrels never let her keep the squirrel she's caught, but the last time I tried to get into the middle of it the squirrel bit me really badly and I had to go to urgent care. My only other idea is to let her eat everything she wants so she gets too fat to catch anything, but that's detrimental to her health.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    nevadavis1 wrote: »

Does anyone know of a way to stop my dog from killing practically everything? She has killed five squirrels. Now we bang on the windows and doors to warn the squirrels before we let her out, but she still managed to get another one last week. You'd think the squirrels would learn to stay out of our yard--we took down the bird feeder and got rid of it because it was attracting them, but they are still coming into the yard. She kills birds: she killed one this morning and the petsitter left us a note a couple weeks back that she killed one then. She kills mice..... She wanted to kill some rats but I chased them out of the yard before letting her out, but if they come back they might not be so lucky. She wants to kill a groundhog who lives in our neighbor's yard. We blocked up the hole he was using to get under our fence, but it turns out he can climb over too. We bang on the door to warn him to run.

I've read online and it says to stop your dog from killing squirrels never let her keep the squirrel she's caught, but the last time I tried to get into the middle of it the squirrel bit me really badly and I had to go to urgent care. My only other idea is to let her eat everything she wants so she gets too fat to catch anything, but that's detrimental to her health.

https://www.cesarsway.com/
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    nevadavis1 wrote: »

Basket muzzle when she goes outside. It's hard to change that instinct and it's not "wrong".

Training is always a good idea, but it may not help.
  • nevadavis1
    Thanks guys! It really is such an instinct with her, because she's a different dog inside the house, but she sees a critter of some type in the yard and just turns into something different. After the last squirrel was dead I told her to give him up and she did mind then, but so long as he was alive, I could yell at the top of my lungs and it's like I wasn't even there. I know it's not "wrong" it's her instinct, but it's also upsetting and potentially unsafe. I mean, now I know, don't try to rescue the squirrel, and I told the pet sitter too "no matter how upset you get don't get in the middle of it because the squirrel won't know you're trying to help." But my dog could get hurt too possibly, or the other dog who doesn't get involved but just stands there and watches, or an injured squirrel could get loose and it might not be a safe situation for neighborhood kids, or whatever.
  • nevadavis1

Then I'd really suggest obedience training rather than trying to do it yourself. No two dogs are the same. I'm not saying that you didn't properly train your others, but this one needs special care.

Thanks, you are so right about no two being the same. Our boy dog, we really just let him know when we didn't like something he did and he's so eager to please that he changed his behavior immediately. The first dog we adopted right after we married was a foxhound who had had a really rough life. We hired a trainer to come to our house and work with her and it turned out that she was terrified of noises, so clicker training didn't work, but she was so motivated by treats that she was actually easy to train once we found that out. The trainer kept saying "she's so smart!" She was a little too smart though because we tried several times to leave her with petsitters, warning them about what she could do, and she always managed to open up their doors and let herself out to go look for us. But anyway, once we figured out that the petsitters had to stay with her at our place, that was solved... She was such a sweet dog that she wouldn't hurt squirrels and even liked smaller animals a lot. Then we adopted a German Shepherd from the shelter to be her buddy and that dog had clearly had obedience training before, so we didn't have to do anything.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I live in the south and I call it soda because I drink Pepsi and that definitely ain't coke. Grant it, I'm originally from NYC so there is that.

My favorite was when we were in Florida and they asked us what kind of coke we wanted, so we said coke. She said blandly, "we don't have coke."

Did they have RC?

No RC that I recall but she foisted some sweet tea on us

Cheerwine? (Not real wine but the "original cherry coke" )

ufe4o5q6fmob.jpg

This looks delicious!
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    I *kitten* love asparagus goddamn
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    angelxsss wrote: »

do you fry it up, bbq it, roast it, boil it, cook it over an open fire?
  • _pi3_
    I want to drink
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    angelxsss wrote: »

do you fry it up, bbq it, roast it, boil it, cook it over an open fire?

Roast itttttt
  • Strivetobebetter76
    Strivetobebetter76 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Too many thoughts of how I always seem to f@ck sh!tt up.
  • _pi3_
    Too many thoughts of how I always seem to f@ck sh!tt up.

Do you need help
  • Ben_there_done_that
    I was wondering if DMX was still in jail and was excited to see that there's actually a website called isDMXinjail. He is, by the way.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    How does my house get dirty when I'm barely there?