Keto Diet & Weighing In.....

Hello,
I just started my keto diet yesterday and am counting my macros. I used the keto calculator on the keto connect site to get my numbers. Now, I know these numbers all center around your current weight and activity level. So my questions to all of my fellow keto'ers out there is 1. How often do you weigh yourself? 2. How often do you change your daily macro counts based on your new current weight? Also, I am in need of some keto buddies! Thanks y'all!

Replies

• den282
    den282 Posts: 2 Member
    I am doing it once a week. I find doing it daily sometimes discourages me.
  • okieteachertales
    okieteachertales Posts: 5 Member
    Today is day 1 of KETO for me!! Good luck on your journey!
  • HeatherCSamps17
    HeatherCSamps17 Posts: 22 Member
    Good Luck to y'all too! If you are looking to make new friends, feel free to add me! Thanks!
  • Jorgie1987
    Jorgie1987 Posts: 13 Member
    I am doing lchf and I'm weighing daily, but using a trending app to smooth out the ups and downs. I am only recording weight on Wednesday on here. Down 5.5 lbs in two weeks!! Add me my dairy is open and I love stalking others LCs diaries for fresh ideas
  • HeatherCSamps17
    Jorgie1987 wrote: »
    I am doing lchf and I'm weighing daily, but using a trending app to smooth out the ups and downs. I am only recording weight on Wednesday on here. Down 5.5 lbs in two weeks!! Add me my dairy is open and I love stalking others LCs diaries for fresh ideas

That is wonderful. Thanks and will add you!
  • HeatherCSamps17
    Thank you for the tips. I really appreciate them.
  • HeatherCSamps17
    Great information and those are some really good points. I do suffer from both of those medical conditions as well, however, I really need to jump start my weight loss again. I have lost 38 lbs (over a very long period of time) but I still need to lose another 66-76 pounds. Because of your information, I will definitely be monitoring my BP's more closely and making sure that I drink half of my body weight in H20 to try to prevent another bout with kidney stones. Thanks.
  • HeatherCSamps17
    Clarification......that is half of my body weight in ounces of H20.
  • cmrc1
    cmrc1 Posts: 1 Member
    I started with weighing like once every week, same day/time. Don't kill yourself over the scale too much because some weeks your weight will fluctuate, and that can be a bit of a motivational killer. I modify my macros when I start to stall for me the time period of a stall is about 1 month in and no changes. Some important advice, don't give up. You will slip up sometimes but keto on!
  • DesireeSal
    DesireeSal Posts: 9 Member
    Hello everyone My name is Desiree and i am 29 and today is day one of the keto diet !
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @DesireeSal welcome to MFP forums and the Keto Way Of Eating. I have been at it since Oct 2014 and it has giving back my hope and health. Each morning I weigh and is all of the tracking that I do. Most days I keep my carbs just <50 grams by estimation and let my appetite manage my number and balance of my fat and protein intake. Now at age 66 I plan to eat to stay in nutritional ketosis for the rest of my life. Health and health marks are better than 20-30 years ago when I was living on high carbs.
  • HeatherCSamps17
    I have just completed my first week on keto and had an awesome 7.5 lb weight loss. Now in all honesty, I do have a lot of weight to lose plus I know that 3-5 lbs (probably more like 5 pounds) are from a water weight loss but hopefully a few of these pounds were from my fat stores. LOL! For everyone that is..... as new to Keto as I am, trudge on through the "keto flu" and persevere because it really does get better!
  • gambigirl
    gambigirl Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I just started keto today. I stayed within my macros and I'm brand new to MFP too. I am really looking for some support, to give and receive info and be a participant in these forums. I need to lose 100 pounds and I have no idea as to my current weight because it is higher than my scale will go.... :(
    I am 47, live in Florida and handicapped.
    I really hope to get to know some of you and to support you on your journey too.
  • iolaanne05
    iolaanne05 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello,
    I just started my keto diet yesterday and am counting my macros. I used the keto calculator on the keto connect site to get my numbers. Now, I know these numbers all center around your current weight and activity level. So my questions to all of my fellow keto'ers out there is 1. How often do you weigh yourself? 2. How often do you change your daily macro counts based on your new current weight? Also, I am in need of some keto buddies! Thanks y'all!
    Im Keto! Im down 17 lbs :) I weight myself every morning...but I only weight "officially" on Saturdays. The macro counter on this site doesnt use "net Carbs" , so I often appear to go over my carb count. I will have to check out the site you mentioned "keto connect". I dont change my macros based on my new weight often enough... I probably should go look into that :smiley:
  • sarahmariedaigle
    sarahmariedaigle Posts: 29 Member
    This is my fourth day on keto! I have been weighing every day and plan to for at least the firs month then kind of back off. I plan to check my macros once a month just to make sure I'm still eating what I should be. How are you checking your ketones? Add me if you'd like, looking for all the support and information I can get to live a healthy life!