Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Britt, congratulations! A one pound loss is super!!!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Very interesting how you pulled yourself through a rough patch a couple of days ago. Everyone here is so supportive. Sounds like you are doing great! Yay!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Thanks, ladies!
    I got to see my new low weight this morning: 155.2! :#
    So 4 lbs down since starting OMAD on 7/6, and 23.8 lbs down from my highest weight. I still want to shed these last 6.2 lbs before the end of the month to get to 30 lbs down, but we will see how that goes. I need some of @brendagaudette's amazing losses for the rest of the month to hit that!
  • brittdee88
    Yesterday's OMAD was a meal of appetizers at a ladies night with friends. I had two plates of raw carrots, celery, and tortilla chips with roasted red pepper hummus, 2 cookies, and a glass of red. No idea how many calories that was, but I was surprised how little it took to fill me up considering how small the plates were. Also not sure how long it took to eat my meal, but I was SUPER hungry by the time we started eating, which was around 7:00. I don't think I wolfed it down since we were enjoying each other's company, but I wasn't paying attention.
    I was the only one eating the hummus and veg since I'm the only vegan in my friend group, so I got to bring the leftovers home. Will definitely be eating those again today!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thanks, ladies!
    I got to see my new low weight this morning: 155.2! :#
    So 4 lbs down since starting OMAD on 7/6, and 23.8 lbs down from my highest weight. I still want to shed these last 6.2 lbs before the end of the month to get to 30 lbs down, but we will see how that goes. I need some of @brendagaudette's amazing losses for the rest of the month to hit that!

Good job so far and even if you don't make it by the end of the month you have still done AWESOME!!! KUTGW :)
  • brittdee88
    Mealtime: 4:55 - 5:44
    Intake: 1/4 Daiya supreme pizza, carrot and celery sticks, roasted red pepper hummus, 3/4 of a blood orange, protein bar, glass of red
  • wsandy8512
    Sounds like a lovely meal, Britt!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    @brittdee88, When do you think you will be back in your kitchen? I am thinking of going meatless for the month of August and could use some meal ideas. I did a meatless year 10 years ago, but I ate a lot of pastas and starches. I don't want that to be the case this time. I need some good veggie recipes.
  • brittdee88
    @tlblanksfit not until the beginning of August, unfortunately :( We move in on the 29th, but I know I won't start cooking and baking again until we're settled. But I do have a bunch of vegan blogs I can share with you if you want! Let me know and I can compile them in a PM.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That would be great Britt, please do.
  • brittdee88
  • brittdee88
    edited July 2017
    Had an unexpected 1-lb drop on the scale this morning! I'm officially 5 lbs down since starting OMAD on 7/6! I'm guessing that is the last of the TOM weight gain.
    I think I have given up on my ban on daily weighing. I know I will eventually stop doing it when it messes with me psychologically, but for now, it's just interesting to see the changes. I am thinking of signing up for Trendweight after all. I am a data geek, so all the charts and projections really intrigue me.
    In any case, I am super close to 25 lbs down, and I am 5.2 lbs from meeting my July goal of 30 lbs down.
    Happy Sunday, everyone!
  • brittdee88
    edited July 2017
    Signed up for Happy Scale instead of Trendweight since I wanted the convenience of an app. Super cool so far!

k3jdgecm8iv3.png
    if08ksoy748m.png

I love how it breaks weight loss into 10 milestones. The only thing I don't like is that you have to make a commitment to lose a certain amount each week to get your predictions. I wish it projected based upon rate of loss instead, but maybe I just missed that functionality somewhere. In any case, I made my commitment 1.5 lbs per week, and it would be AWESOME to see goal by this November.
  • wsandy8512
    @brittdee88, When do you think you will be back in your kitchen? I am thinking of going meatless for the month of August and could use some meal ideas. I did a meatless year 10 years ago, but I ate a lot of pastas and starches. I don't want that to be the case this time. I need some good veggie recipes.

Tracey, I love vegetarian and vegan foods! I follow The Tasty Vegetarian, Forks Over Knives (I also have their ebook and app), and Engine2diet.com has great recipes--it's a completely vegan fire department in New York! All the hunky firemen are "plant strong" :)

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Woohoo on the loss!!!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks so much, @minigrrll!

I had a huge non-scale victory today. My future father-in-law surprised us with a visit and ordered in for all of us. I got a veggie burger with fries and sweet tea. I ate HALF of my meal, and I didn't drink more than a quarter of my tea. I reached my full point and actually stopped! This is unheard of for me, especially when it involves fries! I finished my meal with a glass of red and half of a protein bar. I may gain on the scale tomorrow because this was heavier than my usual meals, but I am so proud of myself. I would've easily demolished that entire meal in my past. I tend to do okay if I serve myself a smaller portion, but I almost never leave food on my plate. I don't know why, but if it's in front of me, I feel obligated to eat it. But after today, I feel like I am finally getting to the point where I'm starting to eat like a "normal" person: only when I'm truly hungry and stopping when I'm really full regardless of how much is on my plate. This is such a big deal for me as someone with an ED, and I am so happy!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I'm the same - never leave food on my plate!! I actually left a few pieces of bread on my plate last night as I was stuffed (admittedly, I'd probably already had way too much - but I'd have never left anything before, I'd have just eaten it all). Maybe our brains are actually changing! Sure would be nice.
  • brittdee88
    No bump-up on the scale today, so I am really happy about that! It's nice to know that even my unplanned meals don't necessarily have to result in a gain.
    I will likely finish the other half of my meal today, and if I know my fiance, he will probably finish off my tea before I get home. I'm always so jealous that he gets to work from home, but after next Friday, I will be officially out of the workforce for at least the next 3 years, which makes me SO happy. I can't wait to be a student again.
  • brittdee88
    edited July 2017
    @minigrrll I would LOVE if it was our brains adjusting. That would just be awesome. I still love food but it's starting to lose its grip on my emotions. I was having a stressful night on Saturday and my first thought was to do some deep breathing. Usually my first thought is comfort eating and I have to talk myself down from wanting to binge. I am loving this change.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Wow Britt! Your doing excellent :smiley: congratulations on your loss! Keep it up :)