Lost 12lbs in 6 weeks: From 110lbs to 98lbs

Zara_Pi
Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
I'm 5'1", and I have found it very hard to eat healthy since getting pregnant and having kids.

For the past 6 weeks I have been mostly doing OMAD and I have lost 12lbs.
This is without any exercise regime. I have been to the gym about 4 times within that time and done 30mins brisk walk on the treadmill. Apart from that, no other exercise. Not even going out for walks.
(I drive so most of my travelling is done by car)

I wasn't calorie counting at all; I basically ate whatever I wanted about 9pm-12pm. I would estimate I was consuming about 1500-2000 calories. (I was eating a lot of fried food, cakes, butter pastries)

So to lose that much weight in such a short span of time is amazing.

OMAD I believe was the key to the weight loss as I changed nothing else.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hi!

Another way to get nutrients is to smoothie-up a couple of zucchinis or squash. And...bam! You are done! You can also have that as a beverage.

But remember, stability above all Eat what you want. You will get your nutrients. And remember that less exercise is to be preferred for faster weight loss because the body is under less stress.

-Joe
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Awesome loss and great OMAD testimonial so far!
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    that's a big chunk of weight considering your height/gender/starting weight, good job
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited July 2017
    Way to go! That is a really good six weeks and probably sustainable since you were eating a fair amount. Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    I'm 5'1 as well! I'm glad to hear that in that time frame you were able to reach your goals. So what now? What's your plan?
  • Zara_Pi
    edited July 2017
    I am now "skinny fat", so I still have fat around the thighs, waist and upper arms.
    I plan do some strength training to tone up and go out for brisk walks every other day.

I will continue to do OMAD as this allows me to eat what I want and feel satisfied at the end of the meal. The best part is that I do not need to calorie count as I basically eat what ever I want.
    After my evening meal I follow this up with a hot drink and a sweet treat like a big slice of cake, cookies, Danish pastries etc. (A maple pecan pastry has 400 calories, and combined with a mocha the total is 500 cals. And that's just my snack).

My main meal has more calories. So an example meal I had two days ago: 8 fried homemade falalfel balls, 2 tortilla wraps, hummus, salad and sweet chilli sauce. I will also have 6 fried scampi bites on the side. So this I would estimate to be 1200-1600 calories alone.

I tried calorie counting prior to this and weighing EVERYTHING and I was consuming between 800-1200 calories a day. I was also going to the gym and running on the treadmill, but I only lost about 4lbs in the same timeframe.
    Also I found myself constantly hungry and wanting to eat food, and having small meals throughout the day was not satisfying at all; all I wanted to do was eat until I felt full. And then I would give in and eat too much. Only to find myself hungry again two hours later.

So this way I am eating what I want and as much as I want until I'm full, no stress about exercising and burning off calories, no food weighing and calorie counting. And I have lost the last few lbs I needed to to get to my GW.
  • x3nomorph
    edited July 2017
    you say you are skinny fat? in that profile pic you look skinny to me, not skinny fat, be realistic about how a woman's body without drugs will look, nowdays you have all these muscle bunnies at the gym, super tiny shorts, olympic lifting shoes and insanely lean with a fair bit of muscle for a woman, they are swallowing Anavar out of their ears haha, if you want that fitness model look thats what is prbly going to take
  • blambo61
    edited July 2017
    Do some exercise and that will help with the "skinny-fat" issue. It will help you tone up but not to crazy levels like @x3nomorph talked about. Good luck. I didn't look at your pic so I'm not calling you "skinny-fat"!
  • Zara_Pi
    edited July 2017
    That's an old picture of me taken about 10 years ago.
    I was very slim back then. Since I've had kids I put on weight and have never managed to lose it again until now. My aim now is to just get toned.

And who on earth would want to get all beefed up? I'm happy with just being slim but toned.
    x3nmorph- Not sure why you are mentioning drugs??
    I can't understand how from me saying that I want to do a bit of strength training to tone up after losing a bit of weight, you jumped to the conclusion I want to look like someone who takes drugs to achieve their fitness model body?

I have no desire to look like a female version of hulk hogan, ta very much!

Just want to be able to wear my old clothes again that are UK size 6-8, but I cannot fit into as they are tight around the waist and thighs.
  • gomissfitnes
    How's it going? You still feeling good?
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Awesome job there! Keep it up!
  • Zara_Pi
    Had an off day yesterday where I ate throughout the day. (I consumed over 3000 cals
  • x3nomorph
    edited July 2017
    Zara_Pi wrote: »
    That's an old picture of me taken about 10 years ago.
    I was very slim back then. Since I've had kids I put on weight and have never managed to lose it again until now. My aim now is to just get toned.

And who on earth would want to get all beefed up? I'm happy with just being slim but toned.
    x3nmorph- Not sure why you are mentioning drugs??
    I can't understand how from me saying that I want to do a bit of strength training to tone up after losing a bit of weight, you jumped to the conclusion I want to look like someone who takes drugs to achieve their fitness model body?

I have no desire to look like a female version of hulk hogan, ta very much!

Just want to be able to wear my old clothes again that are UK size 6-8, but I cannot fit into as they are tight around the waist and thighs.

haha I'm not talking about women bodybuilders, more like bikini /figure/physique divisions contestants, and they look smoking hot btw , at least to me :D
  • blambo61
    Zara_Pi wrote: »
    Had an off day yesterday where I ate throughout the day. (I consumed over 3000 cals

Get back on the horse and keep going!
  • gomissfitnes
    It's all a part of figuring it out! What do you feel like doing now?
  • Zara_Pi
    My full post didn't get posted for some reason.
    It was a sunny, hot day yesterday (a rarity in Manchester, England), so at 11am I thought I'd have an ice cream. BIG MISTAKE!
    As soon as I finished that, all I could think was "what can I eat next?" And so it started. I had chocolate bars, cakes, full sugar coke, chocolate croissants, cheese and crackers, all butter shortbread biscuits. Just junk basically.

I added up all my calories the following morning and it totalled over 3100 calories!
    And the crazy thing is despite eating pretty much throughout the day, not once did I feel satisfied enough to no want to eat anymore.

Today was much better. After yesterday, I was so determined not to eat until 9pm, that not once did I even feel hungry!
    I ended up eating about 11pm (fell asleep with the kids) and had 800 calories before I was full.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That's how you brush it off and keep it moving. You will do great.
  • blambo61
    Sorry but that struck me as a little funny! I've done that before. It is a bad idea for me to break a fast prematurely without any good food around cause I'm probably not stopping tell I've got 1500+ cals down me. I think we have all been there.
  • blambo61
    By the way, your pretty small! Your not trying to still lose are you? Your probably at a pretty good weight for your height.
  • Zara_Pi
    No I'm not trying to lose anymore. I'm still doing the OMAD as that suits me and keeps on track. If I didn't, I'd eat over 3000 calories daily like I was doing before I started MFP.

My aim is now to do some strength training to tone up.
    So I'll be increasing my protein intake as well.
    Apparently muscle weighs more than fat, so I'll probably see the scale going back up again if/when I start gaining muscle.

But as long as I can fit into my old clothes again, I'm really not bothered if I weigh 98lbs or 108lbs.