Depo provera & Weight Loss

Options
Alright ladies, I have a question for the ones who are on the Depo shot.

Do you notice weight gain on the scale the week of your shot? How long does it take for you to adjust to the new shot?

I've never paid attention to the scale after getting my shot until now, since I'm on my diet and I've had a small gain. I believe it's water weight since I'm still staying within my calories. Just curious to see what everyone else goes through?

Replies

• counting_kilojoules
    counting_kilojoules Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had been losing weight when I got mine (I only did it once). I didn't gain weight but I couldn't seem to keep losing either. Once the shot wore off I went back to losing as I had been.
  • kellyfeb78
    kellyfeb78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Personally not noticed a difference but they did warn me that I could gain weight while on it
  • Jessicanorthwood
    Jessicanorthwood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gained a solid 3lb the next day after getting the shot! Don't worry though as it all come back off in 2 days :)
  • evie21xo
    evie21xo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I gain 20 pounds in about 6 months. I got off the depo and started nexplanon and I'm very happy with it. I'm on a diet and exercising now to loos that depo weight. Depo was horrible for me, but every body is different.
  • NR81206
    NR81206 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I gained a solid 3lb the next day after getting the shot! Don't worry though as it all come back off in 2 days :)

I weighed myself this morning and was back to my original weight. So I'm sure it was just water weight. Luckily I'm losing weight while on the shot, I guess a little water weight every 3 month won't hurt...Least now I know what to expect.
  • polvirl
    polvirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I gained 40 lbs in 3 months while on it. No matter what I did I couldn't lose the weight until I stopped taking it.