Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    this isn't actually Canadian only, but the Starbucks shaken iced tea with lemonade is delicious and not too bad on calories (under 100 for any size). It's expensive for what it is, but we went there on date night last night and it was nice to have something delicious that didn't break the calorie bank.
  • TheFrostyCanuck
    TheFrostyCanuck Posts: 28 Member
    I ordered a passion one today and was asked if I wanted lemonade in it, then wasn't sure which calorie count I read - I wanted the lowest calories so I opted for without. Maybe the calorie count included lemonade and I missed out!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    @crazyravr that looks interesting. Never heard of it but beautiful macros!

Does anyone know where I can get Kodiak cake batter in southern Ontario? The amazon price seems ridiculous and I really want to try these haha
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    annacole94 wrote: »
    this isn't actually Canadian only, but the Starbucks shaken iced tea with lemonade is delicious and not too bad on calories (under 100 for any size). It's expensive for what it is, but we went there on date night last night and it was nice to have something delicious that didn't break the calorie bank.

This is my go to lately It's yummy and so low in calories.
    Neat thread btw
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

Does anyone know where I can get Kodiak cake batter in southern Ontario? The amazon price seems ridiculous and I really want to try these haha

I am in the GTA and get mine at Costco. Not sure if they have it at all of them or just the ones near me.
  • inertiastrength
    sardelsa wrote: »

I am in the GTA and get mine at Costco. Not sure if they have it at all of them or just the ones near me.

I'm in the GTA too so I'm going to take a look! Thanks:)
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    annacole94 wrote: »

I was in this thread to post something about this!

So, you can buy "pitcher packs" of Teavana Iced Tea at Sbux for about 9.99. It included 6 pitcher ice tea bags. Buy the passion tango (fruity red one) or other kind you like but my fave is the passion. Then, you make it at home by steeping for 5 mins with half of 1.9 L (hot water) and then top with cold water. Okay, so there you have the iced tea portion. ) 0 calories. You can add splenda (or whatever else) for sweetener if you like. NOW, for the lemonade part I bought "Country Time" lemonade squirt thing sorta like those Mio, etc near where you find Crystal Light. The Country Time one (about $3 at Save On Foods) is made with sucralose. Again, 0 calories. So, it's quite potent so I now fill my big huge water bottle with half iced tea (slightly sweetened) and half water with lemonade squirt, add ice and you have almost same as in the store! I priced it out to be quite cheap-about $2.50 for 4L worth...or something like that.

It's 0 cal and now I bring my own iced tea instead of $5 quick drink ones, lol.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    pc-cold-brew.jpg

Pretty good.

Back on sale this week. Blend it up in Vitamix with a tray of ice, add some Silk Cashew milk and a splash of this flavoured syrop, can be found at Winners and its simply divine iced coffe for next to no calories :) My hot day drink of choice :)

syrup-mocha.jpg

syrup-irish-cream.jpg

Looks like I'm going to Winners this weekend!!
  • inertiastrength
    I love the Skinny syrups so much! They're the best ones I've found :)
  • alves_patricia
    alves_patricia Posts: 16 Member
    tishawj wrote: »
    for those who partake in an adult beverage every now and then (or often). I recently discovered Black Fly coolers. They have many flavours and they're all around 100cal each. I've had the Long Island, Margarita and cranberry...all really good. It's an Ontario company so not sure if only available at the LCBO or Canada wide...
    Blackflybooze.com

OMG yes I love those ! Not sweet, 400 ml bottles, 6 or 7% ABV, 100 cals each & Canadian !
  • inertiastrength
    My Popeyes got the Cool Whey sport in (better macros than the ones sold in Metro) I tried the mint chip last night and I was really disappointed. It was way harder than usual. Not sure if it melted and refroze I'll try another flavor because I want to love these but meh was my first thought.
  • stephengullage
    stephengullage Posts: 2 Member
    Nupasta... A whole package is only about 30cal, zero net carbs, and tastes great if you prepare them correctly. Open the package, drain the water, pour the pasta into a strainer, rinse with cold water for 2-3 minutes (I like to mix it up with my hands to get a really good rinse), then rinse with hot water for a few minutes. Shake the strainer to get any excess water off the noodles and dump the pasta into your sauce and give it a good mix.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I was in B.C. recently and had Olympic Krema yogurt for the first time. Holy God, that was amazing! Can't get it in the U.S. apparently, which is probably a good thing for my waistline. I would eat that stuff NON-freaking-STOP.

Also, my beloved dark chocolate Kit Kats were hard to find in B.C. (finally found some), but they are plentiful in Eastern Canada.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I was in B.C. recently and had Olympic Krema yogurt for the first time. Holy God, that was amazing! Can't get it in the U.S. apparently, which is probably a good thing for my waistline. I would eat that stuff NON-freaking-STOP.

Also, my beloved dark chocolate Kit Kats were hard to find in B.C. (finally found some), but they are plentiful in Eastern Canada.

I have said it once and will say it again. You send me Halo Top tubs and I will send you Americans all the candy bar you want.

I guess it's all about wanting what we can't have, right?
    If you had easy access to Halo Top, you might not think it's so great (I think it's overrated).
    If I could buy dark chocolate Kit Kats anywhere, they probably wouldn't be too special anymore.
  • inertiastrength
    edited August 2017
    I just tried the NuPasta. I was hesitant because I heard shiritake noodles sucked and it looks similar. I have to say i am really impressed! I rinsed it in cold water and then cooked it quickly to heat with my marinara on the stove top and it was great. The only thing I didn't like was with traditional pasta I boil it in salty water to make it taste better "inside" and obviously you can't with this cause it's pre-cooked so I found myself adding a lot of salt.
  • alves_patricia
    @tishawj Where did you find the calorie info for the Black Fly booze?

It's on the package IIRC !

• alves_patricia
    I'm not Canadian...but am here frequently on business. Discovered Chapman's no sugar added ice cream bars and cornets. I was a little leery because of the maltitol but the cornets were very tasty and no GI distress to speak of!

I always check & compare the ice cream tubs (pretty disappointing versus what you can find in the US) but never the rest ! I'll examine that, thanks !
  • alves_patricia
    edited August 2017
    @tishawj Where did you find the calorie info for the Black Fly booze?

It's on the package IIRC !

Nope its not. Regardless, bought packs of cramberry, long island, margarita and punch. Tried them all last weekend. Amazing and not sweet. Will be picking up more for the cottage and the long weekend coming up :)

Oops sorry, found it in the database and it seemed legit ! And wow you get so many flavours ! I can only find the grapefruit & lemonade ones.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/black-fly-vodka-grapefruit-384605193