James omad journey

harveyj_88
harveyj_88 Posts: 64 Member
Name: James
Height: 6'2"

I've just completed my first week on omad, with a 48h fast. Been dieting for the last 6 weeks altogether

Starting weight 260lbs
Week 1, 256lbs
Week 2, 253
Week 3, 253
Week 4, 253
Week 5, 252
Week 6, 247 after first week on omad

I weigh in every Monday at a local 5 a side league for over weight men, it's a nice little Competition we play one match a week and you score goals both on the pitch and on the scales which is great to keep everyone motivated.

Meal times are between 6-7pm

My mini goals
Goal 1 240lb
Goal 2 220lb
Goal 3 200lb
Goal 4 190lb

I'd love to get down to 10-15% body fat that would be a bonus but first I will be aiming towards my set goals and push towards that goal after.
My exercise at the moment football(soccer) 3 times a week, will be twice a week from next week.

Its been great to read through several journey's over the last few days, thought I'd start my own journey so I can give something back and keep on top of it all.

I will also try do to a 48h fast once a week and maybe even try a longer fast when I don't have much on and can relax doing it. Maybe do the longer one in a few weeks when the fiancé is away on her hen weekend.

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    WELCOME! Glad you found the group! We're here to cheer you on!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Welcome!

And I I gotta ask - are they going to kick you off the footie team when you aren't overweight anymore???
  • harveyj_88
    edited July 2017
    Not sure tbh, haven't even thought that far ahead. Although it's in its second season and there are a couple a slimmer lads playing now so I guess not

It's run by manvfat
  • minigrrll
    Huh - looked Man V Fat up - sounds cool! "Weight loss motivation for the fat man"! Love it! :-)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I lost about 45-lbs in 5.5 months doing OMAD and started about where you are starting. I'm 6'1" and started at 252 with OMAD (256 before OMAD). It can be done. I'm hovering between 205 and 210 and would like to get down to 180 or so. Good luck!
  • harveyj_88
    Thanks for the support
    I know I'm only 13lbs down, bit my tops fit better and my jeans feel loser.
    Hopefully won't be longer until buying smaller clothes
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I've gone through two iterations of buying clothes. I like getting skinnier but now even my old skinny suits don't fit well and I need to buy some more.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    harveyj_88 wrote: »
    Thanks for the support
    I know I'm only 13lbs down, bit my tops fit better and my jeans feel loser.
    Hopefully won't be longer until buying smaller clothes

Dont say ONLY because 13 pounds is AWESOME!!! :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Welcome!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome!
  • harveyj_88
    So far I'm on the third day of this second week on omad. Feeling great hunger has really started to go away during the day now as well.

0mxqthibg9xh.jpg
    My meal tonight, burger and eggs with salad.
    Brought 250g of beef mince and mixed it with a bit of salt and pepper and added chopped onion, added cheese to the middle. One giant tasty burger.
    Followed by banana and custard, all came to around 1200 calories and I did fell kind of full before having the banana and custard but needed to consume more calories

Will be doing a 48H fast now so next meal Friday
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    Looks Super Delicious, Glad your hunger is going away :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    13lbs that is awesome!!!! welcome!!! :) super meal similar food choices than mine!
    you will make it!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    THAT LOOKS AWESOME! So glad you're enjoying the process - it should be enjoyable, not miserable :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited July 2017
    Oh, Harvey, your meal looks divine! Well done so far on your transition to OMAD and your weight loss so far!
  • minigrrll
    Glad you didn't show a picture of the banana and custard - I think that would have pushed me over the edge with 7 or 8 hours to go until I eat! Banana and custard is one of my big-time comfort foods...
  • harveyj_88
    I'm now in my 48h fast, and still thinking how nice the banana and custard was last night, will be enjoying it again tomorrow night with a nice chicken curry and naan bread.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Mmmmmm curryyyyyyyy. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    harveyj_88 wrote: »
    I'm now in my 48h fast, and still thinking how nice the banana and custard was last night, will be enjoying it again tomorrow night with a nice chicken curry and naan bread.

ROCK ON with the fast! I find it so soothing and rewarding personally <3 Let us know how it goes!
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Glad you didn't show a picture of the banana and custard - I think that would have pushed me over the edge with 7 or 8 hours to go until I eat! Banana and custard is one of my big-time comfort foods...

I know! I've noticed people have not been posting their desserts.. it probably looks too good!