Your biggest difficulties AFTER losing the weight (Pics)?

Replies

• saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Wawww amazing !
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    You are a very gifted and eloquent writer. I read this aloud to my husband (we are both on fitness/diet plans) and it actually kept his attention through the whole thing... MONUMENTAL trust me. Have you considered blogging?... or hell.... your inspirational journey and realness could make you a great coach. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!

This... All of this ^^^^ and a huge well done too! :)
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    I THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY ABOUT THE SHOES.

I went from a 7.5 Wide shoe/heel/whatever to a regular 6.5 on most brands (occasional 7, with wiggle room). Thank you. This is one of the things nobody mentions and I quietly feel like I'm imaging things.

I'm also in the "100lbs lost" club. Extra skin on the stomach sucks, but y'know what? Idgaf, I'm a babe. I've earned it.

I do miss having a chest, but I like myself as I am now.

czb31q3c7awt.jpg

You look amazing <3
  • saltlakecitywestsider
    saltlakecitywestsider Posts: 17 Member
    Now I'm worried about the shoes. :/ I just bought a pair of cross-trainers (needed) and a pair of weight lifting shoes (not badly needed) in the same week. Now days later, I have a pair of trail runners on the way (mostly because I like how they look). That will be three new pair of Adidas along with my other mostly size 8.5 shoes (and the other two pair of Adidas I have my eye on.) I hope losing 40-50 pounds won't make my feet too small for for any of my shoes.
    4545868 Posts: 5 Member
    When you're ready, seek out someone who has walked the same path as you. As long as meal planning and prep has to remain your (and all of our) way of life from here on out, it could be a helpful, bonding part of a permanent relationship you'll do together.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Now I'm worried about the shoes. :/ I just bought a pair of cross-trainers (needed) and a pair of weight lifting shoes (not badly needed) in the same week. Now days later, I have a pair of trail runners on the way (mostly because I like how they look). That will be three new pair of Adidas along with my other mostly size 8.5 shoes (and the other two pair of Adidas I have my eye on.) I hope losing 40-50 pounds won't make my feet too small for for any of my shoes.

If they do get a bit loose, begin looking at some of those 'support' inserts. Not only will your back feel great (especially in heels, ermagerd), but they take up a bit of room inside shoes. May make'm fit again.
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    Last paragraph really hit home for me. My body has changed and continues to change (and I'm happy with the results) but going through this has altered my personality (maybe permanently). I don't think I'll ever enjoy food in the same way again. Just the guilt of eating above my goal is enough to alter how much I enjoy what I'm eating. People that I used to go out to eat with rarely invite me anymore.

I've always been on the quieter, more aloof side but becoming cold/calculating about what/how much I eat appears to have bled into most other aspects of my life.
  • threecharms
    threecharms Posts: 36 Member
    I second what everyone else has said, but I personally find it refreshing for a guy to acknowledge the self image and emotional connections to weight loss and weight maintenance. I think the fact that you've acknowledged all these things is predictive of your ultimate success in your physical and romantic pursuits. Good luck!
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Thank you for your honesty. At some point you have to ask yourself if you're happy; I don't know how you feel about therapy but after such a big life change I can imagine it'd be a hard psychological adjustment.

I find myself getting cranky without food more often, and I'm colder to strangers, and going to parties sober sucks. I think there's a balance to be had between taking care of yourself and retreating into yourself. Life is meant to be lived beyond appearance; but it's so much better when you find confidence. I just struggle to find that sweet spot.

Anyways this was awesome, thanks for expressing your thoughts so well.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    logiatype wrote: »
    Last paragraph really hit home for me. My body has changed and continues to change (and I'm happy with the results) but going through this has altered my personality (maybe permanently). I don't think I'll ever enjoy food in the same way again. Just the guilt of eating above my goal is enough to alter how much I enjoy what I'm eating. People that I used to go out to eat with rarely invite me anymore.

I've always been on the quieter, more aloof side but becoming cold/calculating about what/how much I eat appears to have bled into most other aspects of my life.

OP here and I can relate. Other than the physical change, the dramatic departure of my personality from it's previous norm is what most people notice the most about me. Simply put, I am not the same guy I was a year ago. Not even close. This was not a conscious decision on my part, it just sort of evolved organically.

I am far removed from being the laid-back type, happy to eat, drink, be merry and have endless parties on the weekends. I’ve become a rampant control freak. My old self would not want to be in the same room with the guy I am now. I have no doubt done untold damage to some of the long standing friendships in my life because they were friends with a dude that now only exists in their memory.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my post, and I am comforted by the fact that so many of you found certain aspects relatable in your own life.

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    I totally understand everything you are talking about! You look fantastic and the rest will come. This was a huge change be patient with yourself. :):):):):)
  • Jza85
    Jza85 Posts: 10 Member
    looking good brother keep it up!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    @JustRobby1
    Please pm me, won't let me pm you.
  • phickman07
    phickman07 Posts: 33 Member
    Very well written and interesting read plus inspiring. I pray I loose a shoe size, then I will be able to get back into my expensive boots, snake skin, etc, several pairs. When I gained weight I gained a shoe size and can't wear any of my boots any more let alone my clothes. I have been hoping I would loose weight in my feet also LOL. Your admission to loosing weight in your feet gave me hope. Thank you for your inspiring article.
  • JaneAero
    JaneAero Posts: 94 Member
    As two people have already said you are an incredible writer you really ought to pursue this as a career or a second money earner not just for the money of course but because you have a way of reaching people and touching them emotionally.
    You certainly expressed the hidden side of weight loss rarely discussed and beautifully said, please take up writing or blogging as a career
  • MajaTheFatKiller
    MajaTheFatKiller Posts: 3 Member
    Hi All just wanted to share my transformation

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_yPZjCR7H2UHN-W0XxEnfA

Slowly I'm working on adding more videos and how I not only changed but I'm constantly changing and looking for a healthier lifestyle for me and my Son.
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2017
    Dude this is some frigging deep insightful s**t. Amazing that you have such self-awareness. Congratulations on your success and good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!