Restarting again! - looking for friends to help support and motivate!

Options
cpingriff
cpingriff Posts: 15 Member
Hi all!

Im Cassie and I have restarted my healthy eating about 2 weeks ago now.

I used my fitness pal about 3/4 years ago and lost 2 stone and fell off the dieting and I have finally got my head around to getting back onto my healthy eating and lose this weight!!

Im 24 and have always been overweight. I would like to lose 112 - 140lbs initially and see where I am once I have lost that weight!!

Would really like to make some friends to support and to help support me and keep each other going!

Im Disney mad and have a trip to Disneyland Paris booked for August 2018 so hoping to slim down for then but any loss is fine by me :)

Look forward to speaking with you all

Cassie xx

Replies

• JenniferTX
    JenniferTX Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassie, Well, I'm old enough to be your mom! But I can identify with several things you posted. I've done this (lost weight) before and gained it back and it's taken me now about 3 years to get my motivation to start back down this road. I need to lose about 150-60 lbs all together but my goal for now is to hopefully lose close to 100 by the end of June next year. It will be my 50th birthday plus my oldest son is planning a wedding for July 7th and then in December of 2018 my daughter and I are taking a trip to Disney World in FLorida to celebrate her 18th birthday. We are huge Disney fans as well. The first time I lost major weight, a trip to Disney was my motivation. Anyway, just wanted to reply to you message. Good for you going on 2 weeks.... I just started back 2 days ago! You can do it!
  • traindisp
    traindisp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    welcome back. just getting back myself. i need to lose 30 to be ideal. i am 11 years post bariatric bypass, but still challenging. picture in my profile is about 8 years ago at my best weight. i had let bad carb snacking sneak its way back in. getting that under control and increasing protein is my goal and the weight will follow. now, if i could only convince my self to workout!!!
  • Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is David. I'm 51 years old. i been on and off diets many times.
    I started month ago at 158 pounds and today i weight 149 pounds.
    they key to losing weight is to exercise before you eat in the morning.
    drink alots of water and eat clean. stick with the plan and the weigh will
    fall off. I'm doing 75% fat 20% protein and 5% carbs. I eat three meals a day for
    3 days then i do 2 meals for 3 days. i eat my first meal at 12 noon and eat my last
    meal at 8pm.
  • DonnaLeeFarris
    DonnaLeeFarris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cassie, good for you! I see you set you ultimate weight loss goal. I have a future goal of 90 pound loss. For now, I'm setting smaller near future goals. In the past 30 days I have lost 9 pounds. My next goal is to lose 23 more. What is your next small goal?
  • Redmum79
    Redmum79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I would like new friends as well....how can we all add each other ?
  • DJAB2011
    DJAB2011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am newly coming back as well and on my second day. I really find it helpful to view other food diaries to get ideas and share my own. I look forward to making friends and supporting eachother!
  • janematch
    janematch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely! I've never used MFP before so it's good to see people have positive results with it. Disney Paris is awesome ❤️ We go every year x
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I actually had a similar goal a couple of years ago and went on a diet before my Disney Land trip. :lol:
  • Miklogan
    Miklogan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to MFP. I've had the app for a long time, but never used it. I started actually using it about a month ago. Since then, I have lost 9 pounds. We all need encouragement from time to time. My goal is to loose another 33 pounds. I have no idea how to add people to my friend list or if MFP even has one. LOL. If you know how and want to add me, feel free to do so.