150 days of MFP and 40lbs gone (with pics)

hannahhooter
hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
Like so many others on here, I've been heavy most of my life. I've lost weight In unhealthy ways in the past but it always comes back or I give up on my goals after a month.

At the end of February I decided to make a total life transformation. I was about to turn 25 and weighed 232 lbs. I was depressed, sleeping all the time, eating EVERYTHING, not exercising and always feeling sorry for myself. I decided to re-download MFP and tracked anything I put in my mouth. I also went with the recommended calories instead of lowering it to 1200 immediately like I have in the past. I began walking on the treadmill everyday, which turned into interval running, which turned into running 2-3 miles 3 times a week. I've started doing a little bit of strength training so I can progress even further in the months to come.

For the first time in my life I've lost the weight in a healthy way and am sticking to a plan. I'm exactly halfway to my goals at 189lbs right now. Already I see a huge difference in how I feel physically and mentally. I can't wait to see where I'll be in 150 more days!

p5chmhsrn8fa.jpg
b8nsvyrei236.jpg
ak5g4gzzkwq6.jpg
68lpbdy0jtym.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!