Bored at lunch

I'm trying my dangdest to do this OMAD woe. I love knowing that I can eat one big meal at night, but it's lunch at the office in the break room that I'm having trouble with. Talking with the guys, watching them eat, and I'm sitting there like a puppy with sad eyes. Do any of y'all relate to this?

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    If you don't have to go to the break room maybe you could go for a walk, that's what I used to do.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    In the beginning that kind of thing had me worried but I found that as time wore on being around the food didn't bother me at all. I just have a beverage (mineral water, tea, or coffee) and when looking at the food just think about how much better your evening meal will taste, and how much better off you will be by giving your stomach the extra time off. After awhile its like you draw strength from it, having control over food causes you feel strong.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    I didn't think about that! Not trying to make excuses, but right now in Tennessee, the temperatures are in the 90's, so it's a little too hot outside.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Is it possible for you to work through lunch and leave early? That way you're avoiding being in there and you get some time back at the end of the day.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    I can't leave early, but I could stay in my office during lunch, and just play on the computer or phone. Thanks for that great idea!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Or else go for a walk, do some steps exercise!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    You could also start a new project dedicate that time to it...a book?...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited July 2017
    I would allow an occasional lunch with the office people to be social but not daily. I found if I needed to eat lunch, I would do something low carb like a salad and it didn't effect me as much. Good luck!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    I'll be in the same boat soon when school starts up again. Luckily,it's only half an hour, but I am worried about what that is going to look like. Do you find it easy to not eat during the work day?
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I personally find not eating during the work day easy peasy - lots to distract me. On my lunch I just hang out in my car and watch tv or read posts or research fun stuff on my phone. I also find some coffee or green tea in the morning (or in the case of today, a free no cal energy drink gifted from one of my teammates <3) is enough caffeine to suppress any appetite I might have til dinner. Though truthfully, this far into OMAD I don't find the cravings come really at all and the occasional stomach growl doesn't bother me :) Good luck!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I am a big advocate for reading during the lunch break, or even running to Sonic for a no calorie Pop!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I can count on my hand how many times I have had lunch away from my desk at my current job. If I felt I had to have lunch with my coworkers like I often felt at my old job, I would just have coffee or water with them while they ate. I would just tell the coworkers that I am intermittent fasting. It's gotten enough buzz now that people don't seem as horrified by their perception of you "starving" yourself. And in my 24 years of dieting experience in which I have either not eaten while others were or had to eat something weird to fit a diet rule, I've found that people are initially curious and have their opinions, but they eventually don't really care or even notice it after a while.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    When I'm explaining things to people, I tell them I still get x-cals but just all in the evening so I'm not starving myself and it is easier for me than a bunch of small meals cause I get to eat tell I'm full. I also do participate in the occasional office parties so they see me eat then and I think that helps with their perception of what I'm doing also.