Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited July 2017
    Today's OMAD:

2rknkrblxpgz.jpg

This was the easiest meal ever! This might be a grad school staple!
    Carrots, celery, red pepper hummus
    Black bean salad (so good!)
    Blueberry-ginger smoothie with ACV and algae
    The other half of the crumbled protein cookie
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Such a pretty meal, Britt!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    No real appetite today, so maybe it's balancing itself out. I was planning a water fast today like some sort of punishment for yesterday, and I know that is just step 1 on a downward spiral for me. I've recovered from 2 EDs, but they are always just one step away. If my appetite does return, I will eat today.
    I've decided to stop freaking out about things I really can't control and worrying too much about the future. I REALLY need to stop being afraid to fail. A failure is not a defining moment. I know this is true, and I preach it often, but I never practice it. No more.
    If there are a couple days a month when I can't stick strictly to OMAD because of PMS and TOM, so be it. I'm not going to use them as splurge days either unless they really are (ie. eating for comfort like yesterday vs. genuine elevated hunger the day before). To me, that almost seems like a punishment for having a period that I can't splurge of my own free will because I ate more when I was actually hungrier due to bodily changes I didn't ask for and can't control. It may slow down my loss, but I am okay with that. It is not a race, and I need to remind myself of this constantly. I've spent the past 20 years trying to force myself to lose it all NOW, and we see where that got me. 20 years of a vicious cycle. I want out now. I'm exhausted.
    I will obviously strive to follow OMAD as much as possible (I am still a perfectionist at heart), but if I end up eating a second meal during this time, I will just post here and move on. The majority of the month will be in compliance, and that will just have to be good enough. Not sure how else to handle it, and I'm tired of freaking out about it.
    With all that said, I used 1 of the 2 monthly splurge days yesterday. The next one will be much more enjoyable and without the guilt (and hopefully after 2 weeks like it's supposed to be!).

Try to do at least a 16:8 and if you eat the lunch, make it a big salad with some protein and some oil. It will not effect you nearly as much as a high carb meal will.
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    I"m proud of you for eating that cookie over two different meals. I would have gobbled that down (probably first). Sounds like you've had some loss, so that's good. Just keep on moving forward. :)
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, @wsandy8512!
    That is a really good suggestion, @blambo61! I will definitely try that out next month, though I may do a 19:5 instead. I used to follow 16:8, and I would eat way too much during that window.
    @ArizonaToast lol! Thank you! I am proud of me, too. OMAD is really helping me with this.
  • brittdee88
    No movement on the scale today, but I think I will get a decent drop sometime this weekend since we will finally be finishing up with our packing. I hope that boost in activity will work some scale-friendly magic. I definitely can't wait to get back to lifting, too, which will come sometime this fall since I can use the university gym. I'm probably super weak now, but I am looking forward to getting stronger again.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    No movement on the scale today, but I think I will get a decent drop sometime this weekend since we will finally be finishing up with our packing. I hope that boost in activity will work some scale-friendly magic. I definitely can't wait to get back to lifting, too, which will come sometime this fall since I can use the university gym. I'm probably super weak now, but I am looking forward to getting stronger again.

Way to be positive! Getting back in the gym is a great thing to look forward to! Good luck with the packing. I always feel like that is the worst (tedious) part of moving.
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, Sammy!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member

This was my thought too :D:D:D I'm moving next weekend and while we have help from some my sister's friends, there's a LOT of big furniture to move. I HATE that kinda stuff but MAYBE it'll burn a few extra cals and assist on the scale the following week ;)
  • brittdee88
    @mistymeadows2005 yup! We're packing up the last of everything this weekend and moving in on the 28th and 29th, and I am banking on dropping some weight with all the kitchen stuff I will be lugging around both weekends. I don't mind moving all that much, but I better burn some cals for my effort!
  • mistymeadows2005
    @mistymeadows2005 yup! We're packing up the last of everything this weekend and moving in on the 28th and 29th, and I am banking on dropping some weight with all the kitchen stuff I will be lugging around both weekends. I don't mind moving all that much, but I better burn some cals for my effort!

I DESPISE moving lmao - I'm moving right with ya! Will be SO glad to be settled back into my own place <3
  • brittdee88
    That makes it worth it!
  • brittdee88
    Today's OMAD was not a pretty one. It actually reminds me of what I would eat when I was recovering from a hangover in college:

5z8i5amohdtl.jpg

It was tasty, though!

Amy's light and lean sweet and sour noodles
    1/4 Daiya supreme pizza
    Peach tea with algae added
    Protein bar
    Blood orange (not pictured)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Noooooooooooodlessssssssssss - NOM NOM NOM
  • wsandy8512
    Looks pretty damn good and tasty to me!!!
  • brittdee88
    LOL! Thanks, ladies!
    Was gone all weekend packing and we still haven't finished everything, but we will do a bit of packing everyday. Luckily, it's not too much.
    Nothing interesting to report weight-wise since I am in my fertile week/ovulation, and I have decided not to weigh then or during TOM.
    My OMAD on Saturday was pretty similar to Friday's - just trying to eat what's in the freezer. But yesterday's OMAD was A-MAZ-ING!!!! My fiance's aunt came in town for vacation and took us out. I had a vegan porcini risotto that was just divine with a bottle of REAL ginger ale, and a vegan chocolate torte. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. It was SO good! And I didn't eat my whole plate! I shared with the people around me AND still had some left when I was done. It wasn't enough to take home and have another meal, but still. I stopped! And what's even better is I was able to wear this skirt to dinner that I had to squeeze myself into a few weeks ago! It was a little tight after the huge meal, but it still fit fine. I love that!
    I am starting to wonder if I actually do care about my actual weight anymore. I think I may drop all the daily weighing and looking at charts and things. I am happy that I can wear things I haven't worn in months and that I feel confident and beautiful. Of course I need to lose weight, but I don't know that I care so much anymore about losing a certain amount every week. I like that the quality of my life is improving. I like that I can go out and eat with amazing people and care more about what's going on around the table than what's on my plate. I was hungry when we arrived, but my focus was just not solely on the food. That seems so much more important to me right now. I was already given that advice - to not care so much about weight for a while - and I think I am finally going to take it. I think I will just weigh at the end of the month and see if I am okay with monthly (or maybe every other week) from now on -- that was actually my original plan! My scale will be packed up until then anyway.
  • wsandy8512
    ^^Britt, I love your newfound attitude all the way around, very freeing! I'm not at the stage where I'm comfortable putting the scale up, but I would love to be! This is my lifestyle, not a diet plan, and it will come off when it comes off. Maybe I'll be ready to ditch the scale at some point.

Sounds like a busy but nice weekend!

• mistymeadows2005
    Great attitude Britt! If you take care of all the other stuff and stick with your OMAD the weight loss will come <3 I love to hear that your lifestyle, mindset, and attitude are getting EVEN BETTER - that's when you know success!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited July 2017
    LOL! Thanks, ladies!
    Was gone all weekend packing and we still haven't finished everything, but we will do a bit of packing everyday. Luckily, it's not too much.
    Nothing interesting to report weight-wise since I am in my fertile week/ovulation, and I have decided not to weigh then or during TOM.
    My OMAD on Saturday was pretty similar to Friday's - just trying to eat what's in the freezer. But yesterday's OMAD was A-MAZ-ING!!!! My fiance's aunt came in town for vacation and took us out. I had a vegan porcini risotto that was just divine with a bottle of REAL ginger ale, and a vegan chocolate torte. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. It was SO good! And I didn't eat my whole plate! I shared with the people around me AND still had some left when I was done. It wasn't enough to take home and have another meal, but still. I stopped! And what's even better is I was able to wear this skirt to dinner that I had to squeeze myself into a few weeks ago! It was a little tight after the huge meal, but it still fit fine. I love that!
    I am starting to wonder if I actually do care about my actual weight anymore. I think I may drop all the daily weighing and looking at charts and things. I am happy that I can wear things I haven't worn in months and that I feel confident and beautiful. Of course I need to lose weight, but I don't know that I care so much anymore about losing a certain amount every week. I like that the quality of my life is improving. I like that I can go out and eat with amazing people and care more about what's going on around the table than what's on my plate. I was hungry when we arrived, but my focus was just not solely on the food. That seems so much more important to me right now. I was already given that advice - to not care so much about weight for a while - and I think I am finally going to take it. I think I will just weigh at the end of the month and see if I am okay with monthly (or maybe every other week) from now on -- that was actually my original plan! My scale will be packed up until then anyway.

It's all about the clothes for me too... I mean, I'm into the weighing and tracking etc, but I think that's more to do with keeping me occupied and interested or something. I don't care what I weigh (in fact I know I only just squeak into the "healthy" BMI when I'm most happy with my body). I just want to be able to wear my extensive wardrobe of clothes again. Of course, it's been about 5 years since I could fit into the majority of them so they are probably all out of date and I'll need to buy new ones...

I also feel so much more happy about the whole food situation. So much more relaxed and "normal"!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I'm have the same feelings about hiking and such. As long as I can do activities I like, that is most important to me. I can do them much better weighing less though.