Liviu's OMAD Journal

ooliviuoo
ooliviuoo Posts: 81 Member
This would be my journal.

Few facts @ middle of June, 2017
White male, 122.5kg, 1.8m height, 45yo, endomorph body type. Fat liver/pancreas. I have more visceral fat comparing to "external" fat.

Target: to achieve and maintain a 90kg weight and to be healthy, away from any possible diabetes, heart problems, etc.

Currently I am doing a water fast (day 12 from 14) to drop some weight and to heal some minor health problems. I will finish my fast, then go in vacation. I will return at August 5, when my OMAD will begin.

I already checked some YouTube videos about intermittent fasting, I consider myself mentally ready to make this huge change in my life.

PS As I already said, English is not my primary language, please accept some writing/expressions mistakes.

I will be back soon.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hi.

Welcome!

-Joe
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Welcome, Liviu!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Welcome and good luck!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome!
  • ooliviuoo
    I successfully finished my 14 days water fast , now it is time to recover for few days.

Middle of July : 107Kg . Of course, I will be 110+ in few days, this is normal.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Wow!
    Had you done any long fasting before this? Getting through 14 days is not a walk in the park, I know I did a 14 day fast about a year ago. I was glad I did though because I have never been the same since that time. I came right out of those 14 days and straight into OMAD with no trouble whatsoever and have been losing weight ever since.
    Is it correct that you lost 15.5 kilos during your 14 day waterfast?
  • ooliviuoo
    Yes, I've done many 5,7,12 days before. I have some experience in this field.

Actually, I fasted 6 days, then pause 3 days (small dental surgery), then another 14 days. Total 20 days of water fast means 15.5 Kg.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    If I do a water fast it's only 1 day :p

Have a nice vacation :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Oh my goodness! Your willpower is intense! The 96 hour one almost killed me! LOL
  • ooliviuoo
    Let's go back to OMAD :)

I decided to eat at evening, every day. Didn't decide an exact time frame, yet

Today's menu: few tomatoes, turmeric, chia seeds, goat cheese, Himalaya salt and plenty of virgin olive oil from Greece. Also, 2 wasa pieces. I also decided to do the official weighting every Saturday.
  • mistymeadows2005
    ooliviuoo wrote: »

Today's menu: few tomatoes, turmeric, chia seeds, goat cheese, Himalaya salt and plenty of virgin olive oil from Greece. Also, 2 wasa pieces. I also decided to do the official weighting every Saturday.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY welcome back! Congrats on the loss, and welcome back to the classic OMADing :)
  • ooliviuoo
    Just for the records, this is me in August 2016

g2EjgDL.jpg

• ooliviuoo
    So, I tried OMAD for few days, it is all OK. Because I am recovering from fasting, my weight is higher, which is normal.

Last 3 days I eliminated some very small sand particle (in my morning visit to toilet) and I decided today to accelerate this process. So, "I cheat" OMAD and I eat a lot of watermelon. With cool results.

Then, my evening meal was fish: sardines and cod liver. Also, few tomatoes, Himalaya salt, hot chili and some garlic. Also, turmeric.

Mscz34t.jpg

S3QAivr.jpg

Probably 1000-1300 calories. Really good taste, also :)

• sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Welcome! I still haven't worked my way to being able to fast for more than a day at a time! So props to you my friend.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    ooliviuoo wrote: »

Hey you sound like mediterranean??? Your meal choices look pretty much like mine (Spain)
    yummie greek food!!
  • ooliviuoo
    Mediterranean food is very healthy, imho. My vacation will be in Greece this summer, I need to adapt myself to local cuisine :)

Good news, I finally found Apple Cider Vinegar (120 tablets, 8 Euros). Should I use 2 tablets per day or only one ?

wq8Mv1x.png
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    I'm curious about the tablets! Are they as effective. I don't enjoy drinking it, even in juice.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Oh wow! I have never seen ACV tablets before. That's cool. Maybe start with one and then add another as you go?
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    I didn't know that it came in tablet form. I just did a quick google search "ACV tablet versus liquid" and it's a little mixed. The consensus seems to be that the tablets are as good as liquid.

The funny part is everyone talks about how awful the liquid tastes, when I actually like it!
    Diluted of course, I add it to my juice and drink with the meal.
  • mistymeadows2005
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I didn't know that it came in tablet form. I just did a quick google search "ACV tablet versus liquid" and it's a little mixed. The consensus seems to be that the tablets are as good as liquid.

The funny part is everyone talks about how awful the liquid tastes, when I actually like it!
    Diluted of course, I add it to my juice and drink with the meal.

YUCK...I hate the stuff - I've been slacking this last week on the ACV purely because the thought of it makes me gag...I'll get back to it, but if I can find a tablet that gives me the same benefits, sign me the F up! LOL