Weird things you do with food

jennyleighreed
jennyleighreed Posts: 8 Member
As I was dipping my toast with peanut butter in my coffee, I was wondering if anyone else has any weird things they do with food that others would raise an eyebrow at.

Another one for me is for when I eat chicken wings. I CLEAN them. Like to the bone. Crunchy bits and all. I don't always do that around others, as the crunching is a bit... off putting (my mother does it too, and man it's loud).

Replies

• Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2017
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Misskcm wrote: »
    The only way I'll eat ketchup is if I put a ton of pepper in it. And I mean flip the "pour" tab not the "sprinkle" tab. At restaurants I'll take the entire lid off the shaker. My boyfriend thought it was weird until he tried it. Now he does it too.

At Chinese buffets, you know those doughnut type rolls with sugar on them? I take those and drench them in soy sauce. Oh my gosh it is so good.

I also like to get fries from McDonald's or Sonic or something and cut them up and mix them in with my ice-cream.

I have a few more but I'll spare you.

Vanilla iced cream + radishes = <3

Really? Radishes? Interesting.. maybe I'll try it one day.
  • MFPSK1977
    MFPSK1977 Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2017
    I will eat the cornbread off of the corndog first.

I will eat all around my sandwich to get the crust first. Sometimes I have to cut my sandwich into 4 triangles.

I pick the pizza toppings off and eat them and eat the crust and pizza with garlic or ranch sauce.

I take apart Kit Kats and eat a layer at a time.

Some were talking about Chinese.. I take duck sauce, sweet and sour sauce, hot mustard, and soy sauce to my table and mix them. It is so good. I dip everything in it. Thank me or curse me later. Oh, btw hot mustard is made with horseradish, go easy on it. lol

Okay, I'm going to stop there before people think I'm a weird person..
    jkirby0036 wrote: »
    my kids eat pancakes with mustard, I tend to take everything apart when I eat it. Like kitkats, I bite the chocolate off each of sides then take each wafer off and eat it. M&Ms- I will bite the shell off first while its in my mouth then eat the chocolate. I'm sure there is more weirdness about me, I just can't think of it at the moment.

I just realized you said that. Now I know I'm not alone.
    I also eat the chocolate off my Kit Kat's first - around the outside edges, then separate them, eat the edges, then do the wafer layers one by one.....

Okay this must be as normal as eating the icing in Oreos first.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    I one time had Miso soup for breakfast and my husbands family almost disowned me.

I spent a week in Maui a few years ago and had miso soup, scrambled eggs, and pineapple for breakfast every day! It was delish.
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Dip fries in ice cream
    Peanut butter toast dipped in coffee
    Spread Pretzels with icing (takes care of the sweet and salty!)
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    sauerkraut with ketchup.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited August 2017
    You will know I have been abducted by aliens if I fail to remove the toppings (usually with a fork) from my pizza before removing the cheese. Both toppings and cheese must be removed and eaten before I eat the crust.

I have no other weird "food touching other food" behaviors, but there you go.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I have to pour my drinks into a cup if its in a can, (drives my husband crazy because hes always washing cups that I put sparkling water in :D )

I wont eat salad if there is a lettuce spinach or kale base, because I found a bug in my salad once, but have no problem eating a salad if the base is cabbage.

Also I used to use 1 table spoon of ranch and 1 tablespoon of Italian dressing when I did eat salads, everyone thought that was strange.