I thought my life ruining binge habits were behind me. Looks like i was wrong and i'm freaking out

2»

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited July 2017
    You could try fasting. It might work and there is nothing wrong with it.
    But as you know, usually these things are not about food.
    They're about mind/spirit/emotions more than they are about food -- at least for me.
    I wish you well. Be kind and loving towards yourself. :heart:
  • havesomejoe
    havesomejoe Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2017
    Happens to me too my man. I really think it's just going to be a gradual unlearning of the habit. Food is connected with stress for you and I so the best we can do is try to eliminate stress and let the connection slowly disipate. Sometimes I go a long time without a binge but it eventually comes back. Just keep going!
    Does that help at all?

[post edited by MFP mods]
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    @healthymom1027
    Here is a group that does 5:2 -- eat at maintenance five days a week. The other two days they eat one meal of about 500 calories.
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-52-diet
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
    Another set of people do various versions of 18:6 -- eat nothing for 18 hours of the day and get all their calories in during a 6 hour period.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I haven't read the other replies, but all I was thinking reading this was...maybe some therapy would be helpful? It sounds like you're depressed. Bingeing is a symptom of something deeper, and it very well may continue to happen unless you get a handle on the driving force behind it.

I used to be a binge eater (flirting with purging at times), and it wasn't until I got some counseling that I was able to get myself straight. That's not to say I still don't struggle at times, and yes...there are days when I do some serious overeating like we all do, but those days of true binges are over.

Wishing you the best.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited July 2017
    Please read "Brain over binge" it will open your eyes ;)
    It's the only thing that's helping me to leave the binges behind...