Smoothies with fruits and veggies please

Taneri08
Taneri08 Posts: 13 Member
Hello everyone!

I really want to start making more smoothies. Can you give me some good healthy recipes to get all my vitamins and also maybe some snack smoothie ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    I am a fiend for avocado smoothies!!!!

1/2 avocado
    1/2 cucumber
    1/2 lime
    1 orange
    1 T flax seeds
    1 cup spinach leaves
    Water to get a consistency you like. To make is a south of the border version add in cilantro and jalapeno.

My breakfast today:

1/2 avocado
    1/2 cucumber
    1/2 lemon and zest (no pith though)
    1 c spinach
    1 T flax seeds
    1 c blueberries.
    Stevia to taste.
    Water to get a consistency that you want.

They both have just under 250 calories, keep me full all morning, and are deliciously creamy. Plus high in fiber and anti-inflammatory fatty acids.

Spinach and cucumber are very easy additions to smoothies; kale takes some time to develop a taste for. Also, beets are a splendid addition to smoothies.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    One cut up banana
    Two tablespoons of no-added sugar peanut butter, like Adam's. (the banana is sweet enough!)
    1/2 to 3/4 cup milk (any kind -- I've done almond, skim, and whole)
    3/4 to 1 cup crushed ice

Blend on frappe. This is my favorite smoothie.

It won't give you all of your vitamins, but it is still delicious and comes in under 400 calories.

I've considered adding some cocoa powder to it, but haven't tried that yet.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2017
    I have a green smoothie every day. My current rotation is 1c unsweetened almond milk, 1c water, kale, spinach, collard greens and dandelion greens; a banana, strawberries and then 1 tbsp of seeds, (chia, ground flax, hemp or pumpkin ). With a bit of Splenda mixed in.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2017
    I have a watermelon, so had to use it in a smoothie -- I love watermelon smoothies.

Watermelon (probably about 100 g), a few strawberries (not necessary, but I had them on hand), a small cucumber, fennel, a bunch of kale, neutral whey protein, and some goat kefir (it's got a tartness I like and adds some fat, dairy or other milk of choice, obv). I would have added some mint if I had it on hand, I like mint and watermelon.

Delicious and fresh tasting, to my palate.

This was my breakfast today which is why I wanted the protein powder and some fat.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I'm also a big fan of beets and avocado in smoothies (as the person above mentioned).

In early fall last year I was roasting winter squash in advance (I had a ton to use) and making the squash the base of the smoothie with lots of different ingredients added (I'd have to look up whatever I logged).
  • jayyb9
    jayyb9 Posts: 67 Member
    1/2 cup of the following
    Strawberries, blueberries, rasperries
    1 banana, a small handful of kale and spinach
    1 tablespoon of cinnamon, and 1 scoop of vanilla protein
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    This is a simple go to:

1-2 bananas depending on size
    handful of baby spinach leaves
    a few basil leaves
    a spoonful of matcha (green tea) powder
    milk* of your choice (I use almond milk)
    a little honey if your bananas aren't all that ripe

Blend. Serve in a prettt glass. Garnish with left over basil. Post it all over your Instagram.

Enjoy.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    It's going to be very hard to get all your vitamins in one smoothie. There is a site called Cronometer that will let you see the vitamins and minerals your foods will have.
  • kissa714
    kissa714 Posts: 65 Member
    Pretty much the only smoothie i make includes water, 2 leaves of tuscan kale, a banana, frozen pineapple and frozen cranberries. its so good! all the flavors balance out very well.
  • Whey115
    Whey115 Posts: 73 Member
    My smoothie this morning was 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 70g frozen fruit (peach, pine and mango) and spinach leaves. Does the trick for me.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    My fave (and my 5 year old's fave):
    1 frozen banana
    3 tbsp PB powder (we use the stuff from Costco)
    150g plain greek yogurt
    1/2 tbsp ground flax
    1/2 tbsp milled chia seeds
    1/4 cup frozen spinach
    cashew milk to help it blend

My 8 year old's fave:
    1 raw banana
    150g plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 tbsp ground flax
    1/2 tbsp milled chia seeds
    cashew milk to help it blend
    You could add spinach to this as well.

You could easily sub protein powder for the yogurt. Banana makes it creamy and using frozen fruit eliminates the need for ice.
  • Taneri08
    Taneri08 Posts: 13 Member
    awesome thank you so much for the great ideas!!!