Lost 12lbs in 6 weeks: From 110lbs to 98lbs

2»

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    You're doing awesome, Zara. I hope you find a strength training routine you enjoy! Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat though, just takes up less space. It takes women about a month to put on a pound of muscle via strength training and diet. But, you'll gain weight in the process of building muscle and that's okay. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Zara_Pi wrote: »
    I'm 5'1", and I have found it very hard to eat healthy since getting pregnant and having kids.

For the past 6 weeks I have been mostly doing OMAD and I have lost 12lbs.
    This is without any exercise regime. I have been to the gym about 4 times within that time and done 30mins brisk walk on the treadmill. Apart from that, no other exercise. Not even going out for walks.
    (I drive so most of my travelling is done by car)

I wasn't calorie counting at all; I basically ate whatever I wanted about 9pm-12pm. I would estimate I was consuming about 1500-2000 calories. (I was eating a lot of fried food, cakes, butter pastries)

So to lose that much weight in such a short span of time is amazing.

OMAD I believe was the key to the weight loss as I changed nothing else.

Amazing for sure, Congratulations :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Zara_Pi wrote: »
    No I'm not trying to lose anymore. I'm still doing the OMAD as that suits me and keeps on track. If I didn't, I'd eat over 3000 calories daily like I was doing before I started MFP.

My aim is now to do some strength training to tone up.
    So I'll be increasing my protein intake as well.
    Apparently muscle weighs more than fat, so I'll probably see the scale going back up again if/when I start gaining muscle.

But as long as I can fit into my old clothes again, I'm really not bothered if I weigh 98lbs or 108lbs.

Sounds like a great plan and attitude!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    You're doing awesome, Zara. I hope you find a strength training routine you enjoy! Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat though, just takes up less space. It takes women about a month to put on a pound of muscle via strength training and diet. But, you'll gain weight in the process of building muscle and that's okay. :)

Muscle is more dense than fat so it takes up less space for the same weight, but yes a lb of fat weighs the same as a lb of muscle.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Love your plan, Zara! I'm a shorty, too, so I love reading about our successes :)
  • Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks guys.
    Would anyone like to see a picture of my before/after?
  • Zara_Pi
    edited July 2017
  • Zara_Pi
    edited July 2017
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Yes, please
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Avsolutely! I find before/after pictures super motivating....
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes, pictures please :)
  • Zara_Pi
    edited July 2017

From 110lbs to 100lbs.
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    A little late to the "beefed up" comment, but no one will accidently look like a bodybuilder. I agree you should strength train, and it will accomplish what you are after. Many women (my wife included) are afraid to lift weights, because they don't want to bulk up. You have made great progress, keep up the hard work!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    I'm still interested in pictures if you are still thinking about posting!