Coffee creamer spikes!!

I am doing really well eating healthy (for the most part), and exercising consistently. My one down fall everyday is the creamer I use in my coffee. How do I create the same sweet taste without all the sugar, calories, and carbs? Please help!!

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited July 2017
    dpeiffer85 wrote: »
    I am doing really well eating healthy (for the most part), and exercising consistently. My one down fall everyday is the creamer I use in my coffee. How do I create the same sweet taste without all the sugar, calories, and carbs? Please help!!

How many coffees are you having per day, and what kind of creamer are you using now?

• db121215
    db121215 Posts: 60 Member
    I switched to cashew milk. 25 cals per cup. I also put a splash of zero Cal flavored syrup. Walden Farms makes zero calories or trace calorie coffee creamer. I use it but question if it will kill me in the long run.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    I'll switch over to tea and honey during weekdays and save my coffee for weekends. The benefits of honey (even though still sugary) doesn't have that crash I experience from sweet creamers.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    I switched to a good quality coffee and was able to eliminate all add-ins except for 1/2pkt of splenda.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    I love my Dunkin Donuts butter pecan coffee but I had to make a change because it's loaded with calories & carbs. I have coffee with soy milk and save the butter pecan for 1x week. It doesn't taste the same but its a lot less calories.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    edited July 2017
    2 tbsp 2% milk and my favorite sweeter (liquid sucralose drops); if the coffee itself is not the greatest roast, i'll add a spash of vanilla extract. 15 cals.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    DKG28 wrote: »
    2 tbsp 2% milk and my favorite sweeter (liquid sucralose drops); if the coffee itself is not the greatest roast, i'll add a spash of vanilla extract. 15 cals.

Why didn't I think of that??? Good idea. :)

Have a Pal who uses Mini Moo's and a sprinkle of Sweet N Low. Didn't do it for me, though. But vanilla extract, I'm trying that.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2017
    I didn't read the replys so forgive me if this is repeated.

I was in the same boat, I'd drink 4 or 5 cups of coffee in the morning with flavored creamer, probably at the expense of 100+ calories.

I cut back to 2 cups a day and then slowly reduced the amount of creamer I use per cup.

I also try a variety of different coffee flavors. The store by me always has a brand on sale and I'll try something new. I have dark espresso right now and I just bought French vanilla.

Edited because I suck at grammer
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    When I drank straight coffee I just used 1 t of sugar and a half teaspoon of half & half. Now I add protein powder, dried coconut, and chia seeds:

bce577b9ec9fa077f618d4ddabf074f9.png
  • mariahk37
    mariahk37 Posts: 7 Member
    I used to have one giant cup of super strong coffee and then a ton of creamer in it the International Delight I now have a very small cup and I measure out my creamer. It's still a hundred and five calories but I don't want to give it up so I work it into my diet.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I make a 2 cup pot of coffee in the morning and use almond milk, a little truvia and a bit of cinnamon. Comes in about 15 cals for the half cup of almond milk. I don't love the super rich cream taste which the almond milk has compared to FF milk which I preferred before, so the cinnamon actually cuts that a bit for me.
  • dpeiffer85
    dpeiffer85 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks so much for the suggestions. I think coffee is my last "mental" obstacle to jump. Thanks!!
  • Italiandiva38
    Italiandiva38 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm an avid coffee drinker and when I started doing a low carb diet, I used half and half, a dash of cinnamon, 1 Splenda and sugar free Caramel syrup by Torani. I have been drinking my coffee like this for a couple of years and find it satisfying without all the guilt
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member

How many coffees are you having per day, and what kind of creamer are you using now?

Can you answer this OP?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Do Americans use just plain ol milk in their coffee? It seems to be a foreign concept over there.

We don't have creamer in Australia, our coffee/tea comes white (with milk) or black, these are our only options.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    I stopped using creamer in my coffee altogether. I've even stopped putting milk in my coffee. I just put 1/2-1tsp sugar and 2tbs half and half. It's all I need now.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I buy Torani sugar-free or Jordan's sugar-free flavored syrups(hazelnut and s'mores are my favorites). I also have some toffee flavored stevia drops. They are good in hot or iced coffee. I use 1 tbs half and half(20 calories) and 1/2 tbs syrup(0-5 calories) or 2-5 drops(0 calories).
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I've tried using equal (aspartame) in my coffee and it tastes terrible. Weirdly, I have no issues with the taste of diet soda.

Anyway, I tend to just drink coffee black. I'm really just in it for the hot drink and caffeine in the morning not so much for the flavor. Occasionally, I'll add a bit of fat free half and half.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member

They have the almond.milk hazel nut creamer that's is healthier. I have to avoid that Ile because I love creamers.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Maybe try a flavored coffee. Also, I started making my own cold brew concentrate. I use a couple of ounces in hot water and its so tasty and not bitter that I find I don't need to add anything to it except a splash of milk sometimes.