Surrounded by eaters

Ive been dieting for 12 days and doing ok so far, But right now I am hungry. My daughters left her leftover take away chips in the kitchen. My hubby is eating cheese and crackers and I facebooked a mate for support and she was in the pub.

Times like these are hard

Replies

• Carriebear174
    Carriebear174 Posts: 50 Member
    I know how you feel. I will get my kids McDonalds and they will useally have fries and part of there hamburger leftover, i hate to waste food and when im sitting thete eating a salad sometimes i find it hard to resist temptation. I usually will distract my self and find something productive to do and useally i will forget that it is there. Good luck.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    I have 3 kids- all under 9. They Always leave leftovers! As tempting as it is to eat it, just toss everything! Tell yourself your body is more important than to consume leftovers that you don't need right now.
  • boddy40
    boddy40 Posts: 16 Member
    Im avoiding the kitchen and keeping busy on the computer til bedtime.
    Thanks
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,462 Member
    Stay here. There's nothing to eat here.
  • CoueCoue
    CoueCoue Posts: 69 Member
    I hate to waste food.

This one of my BIGGEST downfalls. I've been known to cook up and eat double portions of something because it's going to exceed its "use by" date. :#
  • threecharms
    threecharms Posts: 36 Member
    I learned to not be afraid of hunger. It's not a crisis. Hunger is your body simply giving you a heads up that it will be tapping into excess fat stores for energy since you're not giving it anything new. Then it does exactly that, and the hunger passes. Ok! That's how it's supposed to work, cool! But if there are emotional reasons for desiring food in those moments, you have to really tackle those separately. If you never tackle the emotional part of overeating, life just sucks.
  • boddy40
    boddy40 Posts: 16 Member
    I like the idea that when i am hungry my body is using my fat stores, maybe i should be hungry more often.
    Thanks
  • zannatagged
    zannatagged Posts: 27 Member
    I've found sometimes hunger isn't the same as tongue hunger as I like to call it. That stupid desire for food when yr tongue just want something it likes. So I put a little vinegar on my tongue. Or lemon, or salt. 8 times out of ten if I'm just having a craving, it shuts it down. I don't suggest using sugar on the tongue tho, seems that turns on a chemical in my brain that says .... oh good yes, let's do that again! And again! Etc! Lol
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    I know how you feel. I will get my kids McDonalds and they will useally have fries and part of there hamburger leftover, i hate to waste food and when im sitting thete eating a salad sometimes i find it hard to resist temptation. I usually will distract my self and find something productive to do and useally i will forget that it is there. Good luck.

I do this sometimes. I will take mine to Chick-fil-a and eat a nugget (or two) and a couple fries out of my youngest daughters meal. I log it and move on. I eat a healthier filling meal once I get home or get a bottled water to drink.
  • aseelluv
    aseelluv Posts: 5 Member
    Aka my family