5`2/5`3 women success stories?

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    I didn't realize how slow weight loss can be. I went to scoobysworkshop.com plugged in the numbers, 1256 calories a day and I will lose 2.5 lbs per month. So much for a pound a week! Even with excercise it's still less than a pound a month. At least I know and won't have expectations of losing weight faster than that. I'm 5'2" and 52 years old.

I know isn't it ridiculous!!
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    @kimothy38 you look amazing!! Awesome work :smiley:
  • amandamesservey
    amandamesservey Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    5'2", 26 YO :smile: I joined WW in January/16 and lost 28lbs in 3.5 months. Maintained for a few, and in July got off the band wagon, stopped tracking, and gained almost all of it back. WW's new program is geared around little to no sugar, so going to give MFP a try with calorie counting and still being able to have some sugar. :wink: I started in Jan/16 at 208lbs, dropping down at the end of April/16 to 178.6. Weighing in yesterday at 204.6, it's time to make a change again and get back to it. I have a question though - I set my account as a low exercise (I sit 10 hours a day for my job/commute) however, I do play soccer at least twice a week, and also remain pretty active outside of those 10 hours. I have it set to lose 2lbs/week - obtainable for the first bit for sure. I have never counted calories before - so I am just not 100% on what to do. It has me right now at 1200/day. When I exercise, do I input that and it will give me more? I've noticed it doesn't give any option to add calories for strength training - if I wear a fitbit that has calories burned... can I use that?? I've read through this entire feed and am still confused. So any insight on what I can do to help myself be successful would be amazing. Thank you!! :smiley:
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    5'2", 26 YO :smile: I joined WW in January/16 and lost 28lbs in 3.5 months. Maintained for a few, and in July got off the band wagon, stopped tracking, and gained almost all of it back. WW's new program is geared around little to no sugar, so going to give MFP a try with calorie counting and still being able to have some sugar. :wink: I started in Jan/16 at 208lbs, dropping down at the end of April/16 to 178.6. Weighing in yesterday at 204.6, it's time to make a change again and get back to it. I have a question though - I set my account as a low exercise (I sit 10 hours a day for my job/commute) however, I do play soccer at least twice a week, and also remain pretty active outside of those 10 hours. I have it set to lose 2lbs/week - obtainable for the first bit for sure. I have never counted calories before - so I am just not 100% on what to do. It has me right now at 1200/day. When I exercise, do I input that and it will give me more? I've noticed it doesn't give any option to add calories for strength training - if I wear a fitbit that has calories burned... can I use that?? I've read through this entire feed and am still confused. So any insight on what I can do to help myself be successful would be amazing. Thank you!! :smiley:

Yes, if you add in exercise you'll get more calories. The only thing to watch is that most people say MFP's exercise database is off, that it gives you more calories than you actually burned. I use a tracker and after some experimenting feel it's pretty accurate.

When you're just starting out, it's a bit of trial and error until you get used to counting calories, adding in exercise calories, and seeing how accurate you are as it impacts weight loss. Personally, I don't eat my exercise calories unless I'm really hungry that day or feeling a bit droopy. But, a lot of people do. I'm fine on 1200 calories / day; others say it's impossible. It's a pretty individual thing, and you have to find what works for you.

Good luck!
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member

If you're planning on doing 1200 calories a day, start counting your calories and weighing things to a tee. It's really tough with 1200 because the calories add up so fast and unless you're use to not eating, it's going to be very tough. I think sometime we focus too much on the number (pounds we much lose a week/month) that we aren't realistic about the journey. I guess you have to ask yourself, would you rather eat more, lose slowly, stretching your target time BUT still reaching target OR eat less with the hope of losing quick, getting discouraged, and quitting. It's something you have to weigh and decide the best path to take but from experience what we write out in a plan is "always" easier said than done. I do wish you the best of luck and hope you find what works best for you long term.
  • Lindusiak
    Lindusiak Posts: 1 Member
    Wow respect to all of you girls. Me im just starting with MFP, I'm currently between 59 and 60kg so 131-132lbs and 158cm so almost 5'2". My goal weigh is around 52kg (115lbs). The MFP calculator tells me to eat around 1200 cal per day which seems very little considering the basic needs of the body. Those who have similar body construction as mine, could you tell me how much of calories you were eating to reach your goals? :)
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    I'm 5'3 and 1/2.... Close. Lol

I guess I let myself go more than you gals. I started my journey at the end of October at 254. Now I'm 194. 60 lost so far. My goal weight is 139 for now. So, 55ish more to go.

Add me please
    Okay you might be my twin! Except I'm just starting. Was at 250 at beginning of June and now I'm about 12-13 lbs down. What have you been doing, I want your results! Exercise and diet, just diet? Calories? Btw, congrats!!

• JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm 5'2" and started in December/January at 155 and was very casual about logging/exercising. I got down to 146 on June 12th and then I got serious about logging/getting my exercise in daily.. I'm currently down to 139-141 (fluctuating, but slowly going lower). My goal is 128.. so I'm not too far off, but it's slow going now. I'll get there eventually.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    brookielaw wrote: »
    In 2012 I weighed 387 lbs. This morning I weighed 152.8. My icon shows about 150 lbs of that loss (320's to 170's). Determination, drive, and perseverance will get you there. (I'm 5'2.5")

You're amazing! Well done to you :)<3
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Looking great all of you success stories! Thank you for sharing. Hopefully one day I will share too. xoxo
  • raaines
    raaines Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2017
    z6l0e91jt2at.png

First, congrats on the weight loss - amazing feat!

Just wondering what step counter app you use. I love that it allows you to see how many steps per month! I walk a lot and this would be a great motivator!

Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!