Coffee creamer spikes!!

13»

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    I generally only drink black coffee. However, if I decide I want something sweet and creamy, I add an ounce or two of a premier protein shake to my coffee. It's lower in calories, carbs and fat than creamers and sugar, and higher in protein. I think it tastes pretty good too. (Take that with a grain of salt, because I really like my coffee black).
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    AnnofB wrote: »
    DKG28 wrote: »
    2 tbsp 2% milk and my favorite sweeter (liquid sucralose drops); if the coffee itself is not the greatest roast, i'll add a spash of vanilla extract. 15 cals.

Why didn't I think of that??? Good idea. :)

Have a Pal who uses Mini Moo's and a sprinkle of Sweet N Low. Didn't do it for me, though. But vanilla extract, I'm trying that.

To imitate all those flavored coffees - I actually have a collection of extracts. I use an eyedropper because they're potent, but at the store i've found not only vanilla, but butter pecan, coconut, creme de menthe, fruit flavors. Lots to experiment with! Really helps with the bad coffee at work! Most of the flavoring syrups they put in fancy lattes at coffee shops are basically the same concept: flavor extract + sugar water = flavor syrup.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    2 tbsp 2% milk and my favorite sweeter (liquid sucralose drops); if the coffee itself is not the greatest roast, i'll add a spash of vanilla extract. 15 cals.

Have a Pal who uses Mini Moo's and a sprinkle of Sweet N Low. Didn't do it for me, though. But vanilla extract, I'm trying that.

To imitate all those flavored coffees - I actually have a collection of extracts. I use an eyedropper because they're potent, but at the store i've found not only vanilla, but butter pecan, coconut, creme de menthe, fruit flavors. Lots to experiment with! Really helps with the bad coffee at work! Most of the flavoring syrups they put in fancy lattes at coffee shops are basically the same concept: flavor extract + sugar water = flavor syrup.

Thanks DKG28. Good to know.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member

Works for flavoring greek yogurt too. The strawberry, cherry, and cocoa extracts are my favorite!
  • mferoli
    mferoli Posts: 13 Member
    That was the one thing I struggled to give up! I looooooovvvveeee my creamers, even kept the Mini IDs in my bag to use at work. I finally found something that fills the bill for me, it's not a lot less calories but only 3g carbs and 1g sugar. I make a small pitcher at a time with 1 can coconut milk, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 3 tsp Truvia. It comes pretty close to the creaminess of the fake stuff. I have used it in coffee and smoothies! I'm going to try other extracts as I make new mixes.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    I use chocolate almond milk or vanilla almond milk
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    I just drink black, If im craving sweet ill mix my coffee in with a tea bag -I love chocolate chai coffee- And sometimes a little sweetner. Gives it enough flavor to satisfy the cravings. Black is still king for me though, If i drink a double double now its way to sweet. Super occasional treat is 1N1 lol
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    I had the same issue. I tried the different methods mentioned (different, lo cal creamers, flavors etc). I finally found a coffee that I think tastes amazing black with nothing in it. I drink the black during the week and treat myself to my favorite creamer on the weekend (one cup, one day).
  • lindzalexis
    lindzalexis Posts: 44 Member
    I use the Walden Farms zero calorie creamers. I cannot do without my coffee, and I tried but failed to enjoy it black. About a tablespoon of the Walden Farms does the trick, with no fat/calories/sugar/carbs.
  • bluebell90
    bluebell90 Posts: 7 Member
    I have coffee with 3 tablespoons of sugar free Coffeemate Hazelnut creamer. Each tablespoon is 15 calories, I don't add sugar nor milk as it is sweet enough with the creamer. Total calories for my daily cup is 45 calories without compromising the taste.