Should men shave their armpits?

Replies

• deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I nag my husband to shave his, b/c it cuts down on stink. Pit hair also grosses me out in general.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    IMO, trim yes, shave no...
  • jorgezepeda
    jorgezepeda Posts: 13 Member
    I think so.. Its nasty to see untrimmed bushy arm pit hair... Also dudes with hair tend to have BO... I use a beard shaver and trim mine...
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    NO. I mean. . .do what you want, but I'm just not into the whole "manscaped"/metrosexual kinda guy.

But don't listen to us, it's your body!
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Up to you. I would at most trim it. I already cut my beard and hair to about 6mm so I guess I could trim the pits at same time. Still I am lucky and not a lot of body hair so I likely wouldn't bother. I also really don't care if a lady shaves or not. Completely up to the person. As long as people don't smell I could care less their cosmetic habits.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Do what makes you feel the most comfortable. I personally like a man with some armpit hair, but it wouldn't weird me out or shock me to see a guy with shaved pits either. Trimming is a nice middle ground.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    No. They should wax them. Why should we be the only ones to go through torture?
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    My husband shaves his regularly in the summer, deodorant works better for longer plus you get less hot to start with. He is now nagging our sons to do it but they are unconvinced so far (although one commutes into London every day so is starting to think it might be a good idea). In the winter not such an issue, depends how he's feeling.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Humans of all types should do what they want with their body hair. If you wanna shave the pits, go for it. If not, meh. No one should care. (Shaving to help reduce BO, especially if you are packed close in public transportation, is always a nice act of human courtesy, though).
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    edited August 2017
    you can totally experiment! if you don't like it, it grows back! like many of us ladies, you might discover you like how it feels, not just looks. Just warning you though - start shaving a new part of the body, especially where skin rubs - holds the potential for itchiness and razor burn! Add deodorant on top of razor burn....you won't be a happy camper, so if you do it, i'd suggest the first time shave at night and deo in the morning.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Overall I don't think anyone should shave anything, male or female.

Having said that, if you want to and you have no problem with the upkeep, go for it. Shaved pits have much less bacteria so there is much less BO. On the other hand, sweat tends to cling to hair so if you want to wear tanks at the gym, don't shave . . . nobody wants sweat all over the equipment.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    If you want to do it then do it. I am female and hate shaving mine but do it every day, lol. You will get stubble though and will have to shave daily more than likely. Maybe you could start with a trim and cut it really short and go from there?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Not a bro, but my grown son shaves his. He shaves eeeeverything. My husband does not. I would love it if he did.

oh wow. :neutral:
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Is that a Spider Jerusalem tattoo? Is this the reason you're shaving everything off! That would be pretty *kitten* awesome and respect for your Transmetropolitan fandom! ;D
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Not a bro, but my grown son shaves his. He shaves eeeeverything. My husband does not. I would love it if he did.

oh wow. :neutral:

Totally not pervy guys. I have no actual proof LOL. Only that he and my husband joke about it because he bought a heavy duty electric razor evidently for that purpose.
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Men do not shave their arm pits.. Armpit hair is a sign on manhood!!! lol