What foods do you like but others hate?

14567810»

Replies

• SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    mlinci wrote: »
    Burnt things like super burned dried out chicken. I cook my chicken until it gets pretty dry and crispy. I also like to burn my hot dogs to a crisp. I cook my veggies until they are very burnt. I just love the carcinogenic taste of burnt food yum yum.

Ooh I just thought of another one - slightly burnt rice or risotto at the bottom of the pan, that turns into a kind of a crispy rice cake thing. Yum.

Koreans make a snack out of the burnt rice at the bottom of the pan called norunji(sp) My best friend taught me that. It's delicious.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Sloppy joes (lol) and meatloaf!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    Digging into this as I type <333
    35ih330pwcin.jpg

Burnt things like super burned dried out chicken. I cook my chicken until it gets pretty dry and crispy. I also like to burn my hot dogs to a crisp. I cook my veggies until they are very burnt. I just love the carcinogenic taste of burnt food yum yum.

Ooh I just thought of another one - slightly burnt rice or risotto at the bottom of the pan, that turns into a kind of a crispy rice cake thing. Yum.

Koreans make a snack out of the burnt rice at the bottom of the pan called norunji(sp) My best friend taught me that. It's delicious.

My boyfriend is Korean and he got me that ice cream, actually. Each time he goes to Lotte I make him get it XD His entire family tried it one day and they all said it tasted like that burnt rice snack!
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Stinky cheese
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I will probably get weird looks for this, but I was reminded in another thread that I like soggy cereal.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I will probably get weird looks for this, but I was reminded in another thread that I like soggy cereal.

Yes!!!! I cannot stand crunchy cereal and Captain Crunch cuts the roof of your mouth.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Black licorice, preferably imported from Germany or The Netherlands. Salmiak Pastillen if you want to be precise.

I love you!
    Since I found out that Hema has a few stores in the UK, and does mailorder my quality of life has significantly improved :D
  • yirara
    Haggis! Especially if it has a very game-y taste, thus contains lots of offal.

My favourite crisps at the moment are Mackies Haggis and Black Pepper. They don't really taste like haggis, but have a great taste nontheless.
  • yirara
    hgycta wrote: »
    35ih330pwcin.jpg

My boyfriend is Korean and he got me that ice cream, actually. Each time he goes to Lotte I make him get it XD His entire family tried it one day and they all said it tasted like that burnt rice snack!

I'd immediately eat the whole tub, if it was without cheese. The colour, and the taste! .. nom nom nom!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Oh, canned hot dogs. Such a disgusting concept, and I can't help but love them.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    35ih330pwcin.jpg

I'd immediately eat the whole tub, if it was without cheese. The colour, and the taste! .. nom nom nom!

OMG this looks delicious what are the calories on this?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    35ih330pwcin.jpg

OMG this looks delicious what are the calories on this?

Believe it or not, it wouldn't be the same without the cheese it actually tastes AMAZING together!!! Even my father likes it, and he normally won't touch anything that sounds weird. A 1/2 cup (or 70g) serving is 140 calories, which honestly isn't that bad at all, especially since I'd choose this over Ben & Jerry's in a heartbeat (it's surprisingly dense stuff, not airy or gummy like some lower quality ice creams)!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Also really into corn tortillas with butter and sugar... and I love soggy grape nuts or fiber one cereal...
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    NATTO ❤
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    I haven't done it in a long time, but I used to eat those Heinz alphagetti noodles and tomato sauce cold, and straight out of the can.
  • cchen2015
    cchen2015 Posts: 33 Member
    I love cilantro. I cut a whole plant of cilantro into my wonton soup and it cures hangover like a dream.

Recently started enjoying olives????? Couldn't bear it before. Guess my taste has finally grown up!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,963 Member
    I haven't done it in a long time, but I used to eat those Heinz alphagetti noodles and tomato sauce cold, and straight out of the can.

I used to eat frozen fish sticks (the precooked breaded ones) still frozen, back in the olden days before I was a veg.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Black licorice, preferably imported from Germany or The Netherlands. Salmiak Pastillen if you want to be precise.

I love you!
    Since I found out that Hema has a few stores in the UK, and does mailorder my quality of life has significantly improved :D

My grandparents were from Amsterdam so I got weaned on dubbel zout and the like and just went up in intensity from there. I split a kilo of the salmiak with my mom a few months ago from Amazon and it was absolutely fantastic.
  • RichJBenham
    RichJBenham Posts: 30 Member
    Big Quorn fan, rarely have proper meat anymore and feel better for it.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member

My husband does too and it makes me crazy. He'll actually pour his cereal and milk before he gets in the shower just to let it reach his preferred texture. :D