Roller coaster doesn't even being to describe it...

I guess it's never too late, right? As I approached 50 I realized that maybe I should really try to get healthier. With apnea, hypertension, and many other risk factors, I decided to make a concerted effort to lose weight. Over the last year or so, I've lost almost 70 pounds, reduced my CPAP pressure by half, and can walk pretty far (thanks, Pokemon Go!)

I still have another 70 or 80 pounds to go to my goal. I fall off the wagon sometimes, put a little back on, but when I start again I manage to lose more than I gained. If I can just break the 300 mark I know a major mental hurdle will be cleared.

Please feel to add me as a friend. I'm always here to support anyone who needs it. Believe me, I know what you're going through!

Replies

• Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    added!
  • enoughisenough3565
    enoughisenough3565 Posts: 70 Member
    Congrats on losing 70! That's fantastic! I'm also approaching 50 and have around 60 more to go. Would love all the friends I could get!
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Sending an add... you can do this!
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    I hit 50 on my last birthday, so I get it! Good job on the weight loss! I'll send a friend request. I've lost 100 pounds and have about 20 more to go.
  • JTlivez
    JTlivez Posts: 72 Member
    Honestly that really good! I know you'll achieve your goals! I'll send you an add! :smile:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    The more weight you lose, the healthier you'll get. Don't settle for managing chronic conditions.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Well done! Keep up the great work!