First 20 lbs lost!

kyubeans
kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
I just wanted to celebrate this morning because I've finally broken through and lost my first 20 lbs! It's been frustrating because right when I was at 18 lbs down, I hit a wall of a plateau. For 5 weeks I've been losing the same 2-4 pounds, up and down, up and down, up and down. I scoured through my diary for clues, I tightened up my logging and upped my walking, and FINALLY. This morning. I stepped on the scale and saw a brand new number.

I hope in coming months and the upcoming year, I will be able to post titles of 40 lbs lost and 60 lbs lost and 80 lbs lost... but this is the starting place! 20 lbs down!

:HappyDance

Replies

• Trinilove72
    Trinilove72 Posts: 6 Member
    Congratulations! It's been 8 days for me and I am down 6.5 lbs and I am ecstatic. I can hardly wait for my first 20. Keep up the work.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    that is awesome! Congratulations!
  • sbc5156
    sbc5156 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm always terrified of a plateau, but its awesome to see that you can break through! Good luck on getting to 60! Im hoping to hit my first twenty by september, I've lost 13 so far
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Congrats! How did you break through?
  • futuresize6
    futuresize6 Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2017
    Yay!! I started back 22 days ago and I'm down 9.4 as of this morning. I'm hoping by Monday I'll be at 10lbs to start my wk off on an up note
  • chrissymoore06
    chrissymoore06 Posts: 123 Member
    Congrats thats awsome. Great job. Ive got 16 more pounds. Lost 8 so far. Keep up the great work.
  • marmeer25
    marmeer25 Posts: 24 Member
    That's awesome!!! Great job - you had patience and perseverance :). It is motivating for all of us!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!